Neanderthal Man alive and well on the Fine Gael benches

Oreo Livermore

The more you read it - the more you cringe

Cougar-gate adds touch of roar to Dáil zoo | Irish Examiner

Glad to see that intellectual engagement is as strong as ever in our national parliament

The following quote would fit better in Killinaskully

"We were just having a bit of fun, me and the fellas beside me"
Yah, it's all great fun and a big laugh. I would have more respect for a giant mexican millipede than I have for Burton.

She has a degree in commerce so they are confusing her with John Stuart Mill.

cricket

Propforward

Ms Spence, who is on a fact-finding mission looking at the parliamentary committee system, was unruffled by the incident, telling the Irish Examiner: "I didn’t hear it," before adding diplomatically: "I find it difficult to understand everything I hear in Ireland."
And believe only half of what you do honey buns!

consultant

Ms Spence, who is on a fact-finding mission looking at the parliamentary committee system, was unruffled by the incident, telling the Irish Examiner: "I didn’t hear it," before adding diplomatically: "I find it difficult to understand everything I hear in Ireland."
The same for the rest of us - particularly when it comes to the Bertie, Cowan, Lenihan, Coughlan + the Greens years!!

Read more: Cougar-gate adds touch of roar to Dáil zoo | Irish Examiner

jacko

Just read the article and I think the headline highlighting FG says more about the OP than anything else.
so which part of Deputy Coonans degrading, insulting and sexist remarks about a visiting parliamentarian from Australia do you agree with ?

SilverLining

Fine Gael (and Fianna Fail) again and again show their true colours, that they belong in the past. When it comes to elections people forget this and are blinded by the lies and deceptions. The vast majority of the Oireachtas are completely unworthy to be holding any sort of office. This sort of behaviour should result in dismissal without any excuses what so ever.

Last edited:

Sean-Bhean bhoct

The more you read it - the more you cringe

Cougar-gate adds touch of roar to Dáil zoo | Irish Examiner

Glad to see that intellectual engagement is as strong as ever in our national parliament

The following quote would fit better in Killinaskully

"We were just having a bit of fun, me and the fellas beside me"
The whole thing is pretty pathetic - including his schoolboy attitude in attempting to explain it away. I mean FFS:

"Cougar came into my mind. I thought it was an exotic animal, like a tiger, I didn’t know it had a more sinister meaning.

"Maybe I should have shouted "who’s the tiger?" because Noel O’Flynn was sitting there. The Tánaiste said she was wearing petrol blue so Esso came into my mind – tiger – cougar..." he explained.

Clutching at straws there...if anything were to trump Bertie's 'I won it on the horses' defence, this would be a serious contender!

Libero

Just read the article and I think the headline highlighting FG says more about the OP than anything else.
It was a Fine Gael non-entity-deppity who came out with the remark.

He's the Fine Gael deputy spokesperson on, eh, Communications.

"Cougar came into my mind. I thought it was an exotic animal, like a tiger, I didn’t know it had a more sinister meaning.

"Maybe I should have shouted "who’s the tiger?" because Noel O’Flynn was sitting there. The Tánaiste said she was wearing petrol blue so Esso came into my mind – tiger – cougar..."

If anyone wants to check out Mr Coonan's cougar, along with Enda Kenny's, clicky here: Constituency Photos

Tomas Mor

Fine Gael (and Fianna Fail) again show their true colours, that they belong in the past. When it comes to elections people forget this and are blinded by the lies and deceptions. The vast majority of the Oireachtas are completely unworthy to be holding any sort of office. This sort of behaviour should result in dismissal without any excuses what so ever.

I agree with you. What comes through for election is pathetic, I think very few intelligent people can make the grade. You have to be populist, tell people what they want to hear, attend residents meetings, funerals etc. Just look at some of them., Terry Leyden for instance in the senate ( I know its FF cllrs elect him) he is just the pits, says anything he likes about people under privilege- DPP, Fintan O Toole is the latest. Jackie Healy Rae, Ned O Keeffe, Michael Ring. And there are many others.

Supermanpolitician

It was a Fine Gael non-entity-deppity who came out with the remark.

He's the Fine Gael deputy spokesperson on, eh, Communications.

"Maybe I should have shouted "who’s the tiger?" because Noel O’Flynn was sitting there. The Tánaiste said she was wearing petrol blue so Esso came into my mind – tiger – cougar..."

If anyone wants to check out Mr Coonan's cougar, along with Enda Kenny's, clicky here: Constituency Photos
I'd say that you're great fun at parties. :)

turdsl

Fine Gael people are doing nothing to improve their imagine,Kenny and Bruton were no help the last few days,When Bev Fynn says they are talking nonsense. it is time for them to take notice,

Tomas Mor

Fine Gael people are doing nothing to improve their imagine,Kenny and Bruton were no help the last few days,When Bev Fynn says they are talking nonsense. it is time for them to take notice,

What was the class act talking about. She is really an expert on probity

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
He should apologise or be disciplined by Kenny immediately.
treating guests of the Dáil in such an appalling manner is not what we should expect from those
who claim to public representatives, there are no excuses.

he should keep the boys locker-room shyte to himself, no-one wants to
know he's a barely educated arse.

The OD

What would one expect really from a sad bunch of fat old men who probably need several blue pills to even think about such terms as 'cougar'.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies