• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Emily Davison

Yeah, and the one who wants to go to Scotland and party in the forest can be gently told not to come back and "you'd better get a job there instead and look for an apartment for yourself".
I’m told they are never coming ever again. Apparently after this torrid year said child will NEVER live with us parents ever again. You cannot begin to imagine how relieved I was to hear that. There’s no jobs apparently. But all students are back since July I’ve been told. So of course, as they passed their exams I’m more than happy to pay. But there is a job for the first two weeks of September here signed up for, in a supermarket, that I’m assured doesn’t count as ‘living’ with mum and dad. (Uni dors not start again till mid sept). I’m planning a weekend in Scotland if there are flights.

Emily Davison

Now you are smarter than that. And if you are not, may the gods help you.

Emily, Your problem is that you haven't impressed the children that no matter how tall and old they are now, you can still take them out any time you choose.
I’m well able to take on the chikdren, but them taller doesn’t help. That they haven’t a clue helps.

I was only messing with you about the polish truck drivers clearly, we need levity, but the rest is true. My husband was involved with the lorries, what you are suggesting is impossible. I was going a fun way to tell you that.

Emily Davison

I am absolutely sure that every country one might go through would have lorry drivers looking for jobs.
Think of it like a relay race. When in Spain use Spanish. When in France use French.
Polish driver takes job going east to west, and next day (or later today) takes a job going west to east.
The drivers don't even have to work for the same company every day; you can have a big pool of drivers available.
Sort of something like Uber - "I need a lorry going from here to there in France.
Or we can always go back to long rail freight trains too with several engineer changes.
Or air cargo where pilot flies in, never leaves the cabin, and flies back out again.
Or something ingenious that you think up and start a company.

Actually the more driver changes that happen, the more people have jobs and an income.
Sorry now Mrs CC but that’s friggin marvellous. Why, because you have me cracked up laughing. I can hardly type with replying to this. Gawd love you but you’re a scream.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

I’m told they are never coming ever again. Apparently after this torrid year said child will NEVER live with us parents ever again. You cannot begin to imagine how relieved I was to hear that. There’s no jobs apparently. But all students are back since July I’ve been told. So of course, as they passed their exams I’m more than happy to pay. But there is a job for the first two weeks of September here signed up for, in a supermarket, that I’m assured doesn’t count as ‘living’ with mum and dad. (Uni dors not start again till mid sept). I’m planning a weekend in Scotland if there are flights.
While you have their commitment never to return to live, get their keys!

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

I’m well able to take on the chikdren, but them taller doesn’t help. That they haven’t a clue helps.

I was only messing with you about the polish truck drivers clearly, we need levity, but the rest is true. My husband was involved with the lorries, what you are suggesting is impossible. I was going a fun way to tell you that.
Why is it impossible? Maybe in the world we lived in before COVID - 19, but maybe not now.

Emily Davison

While you have their commitment never to return to live, get their keys!
Unfortunately or fortunately they are my legal defendants. My late mother in her sixties or seventies gave each of us a house key. Us her very much adult children. Knowing that whatever life threw at us we always had a key to our mothers home. My children no matter what will always have the ability to walk in my house, turn on the kettle, make a cup of tea or sleep on the couch. Whether they are fifteen, twenty or fifty.

I miss the ability to use that key. Something only a mother could give. Something I’ll never have again. But something I can give to my children.

Emily Davison

Why is it impossible? Maybe in the world we lived in before COVID - 19, but maybe not now.
Because what your are suggesting would not make any sense and would cost way too much money never mind the impossibility of the logistics of it. Those truckers spend their lives hurtling up and down motorways with time of the essence, that's the point of their jobs. They have to get from A to B and back again and every delay costs money. Then they have zillions of rules and regulations imposed on them, the tacometer, the no truck rule in France on Sundays, special speed limits, not allowed on certain lanes in rush hour etc. Putting in a new system of men waiting at the ports, infecting each other is no solution that is even vaguely possible. Which is entirely why all governments make that cohort of workers exempt.

I know Ireland is in severe lock down. But all of Europe is not like that. When I telephone Ireland they think were are all dying here and that everything is totally locked down. I'm going on another holiday next week if I can find somewhere for a couple of days to give the kids some fun before school, hopefully, rebegins. Of all things that should reopen it should be the schools. On the BBC just now a minister said in any future lock down the schools should be the last to close and the first to reopen. I agree with that.

Round tower

Was talking to a friend here from Eng., could be his last time here as he has being given 3 to 6 months to live from Asbestos poisining. He told us that when they were coming they checked things out, if they were coming for a funeral and could prove i, they would not have to isolate so they came through Belfast

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Some elements of the fringe media are going a bit Nigerian with this 'entrancement' (hurray, a new word is born) and similar horse-sh1t. They'll be carrying YouTube 'documentaries' next on how to ritually sacrifice people who look like they are 'entranced'.

Salem TV.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Also, it appears that John Waters is big over at Glazov TV, whatever delightful nuttery and self-promotion that entails. One of those fringe lunatics in Ireland who worked their way temporarily close to the mainstream for quite a long while and were heard from far too much in the past.

greencharade

The presumption that all positive tests are reliable is significantly misleading. Restricting a person's freedom if they are well, is an abuse. No amount of the new caring for others can justify.

Take a read of this, re PCR tests. (long read)

james toney

Bloomberg news "Prognosis" today reported very disturbing news about Covid cases:
"The first time (lockdown) it’s a novelty. The second time, people know what they’re in for and are less willing to take another hit. The virus is exposing socio-economic fault-lines: it’s harder to stay home with a head cold if you work casual shifts for minimum wage and can’t afford to miss a few days. Victoria state Premier Daniel Andrews said that when police door-knocked 500 people confirmed as positive on Thursday, one in four weren’t at home. "
I assume the Australian welfare state provides enough income support for those in quarantine,so the behaviour of those one in four is extremely selfish and criminal in fact.
It wouldn't surprise me if lockdowns have to be reimposed in Ireland as my casual observation of pubs and restaurants in Dublin sees many groups sitting about a metre apart,too close for a prolonged time together.
There was an infamous historic case of an Irish woman in New York City called Typhoid Mary, an asymtomatic carrier of the disease who spread it to numerous people by violating quarantine. Eventually,she was quarantined in solitary confinement for life. Let's hope the potential Covid Marys and Paddys among us can be sent a clear message by publicity of a few jailings in solitary confinement as their behaviour is unlikely to be deterred by fines. The Irish judiciary is extremely reluctant to give jail sentences but should realise the necessity for this in the pandemic.
Who do you want to jail...landlords,Billy Kelleher...Micheal Crawley?

Patslatt1

UK tabloid headlines today announced the government's introduction of heavy fines of up to thousands of pounds for those who violate quarantines. What penalties are incurred in Ireland? A verbal tut tut from gardai?

gijoe

At this stage of the game if I thought I had Covid I wouldn't contact them for the test unless I was really really bad as not only are you exposing yourself to a bunch of inconvenience you are also doing so for your contacts - I would probably just not give up any contacts.

gijoe

UK tabloid headlines today announced the government's introduction of heavy fines of up to thousands of pounds for those who violate quarantines. What penalties are incurred in Ireland? A verbal tut tut from gardai?
There is the power of arrest under the 2020 Health Act.

truthisfree

At this stage of the game if I thought I had Covid I wouldn't contact them for the test unless I was really really bad as not only are you exposing yourself to a bunch of inconvenience you are also doing so for your contacts - I would probably just not give up any contacts.
If you are really bad it's not a test you need, it's a hospital and possibly an ICU, not giving up your contacts is a cowardly selfish thing to do, shame on you!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom