• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ned Delahunty, 'the man in the doorway'.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Not the greatest OP in the world, but I thought this was worth sharing.

It's about the death of homeless man in South Dublin, who may have been recognisable to many of us.

“For 20 years he was in the same spot every morning and evening, facing my flat,” she says.

“He could have been vulnerable, but everyone looked after him or kept an eye out for him.”

“He always struck me as well-educated or well brought up. He was so clean and so independent. He would dress neatly and tidy up after himself. I don’t know, there was just something about him. And his skin – his skin was beautiful.”

Yesterday, however, more than 150 people – locals, shopkeepers, regular Massgoers – gathered to remember a man to whom few people had ever spoken. Dozens of floral tributes and cards have been gathering in the doorway where he died over recent weeks.

“I think, in his own way, he’s galvanised the community,” said Jane Forde, a local nun who stayed with him during his final days in hospital.
R.I.P., Mr Delahunty.

‘I think, in his own way, he’s galvanised the community... he’s taught us about the need for compassion’ - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Thu, Mar 14, 2013

Porkypie

Not the greatest OP in the world, but I thought this was worth sharing.

It's about the death of homeless man in South Dublin, who may have been recognisable to many of us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's ironic that the fella on the poster in the background, giving the thumbs up, shelters in one of the biggest houses in Dublin with a hot drink and a square meal at his beckoning. Some Labour Party Member apparently.
RIP Mr Santa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R.I.P., Mr Delahunty.

‘I think, in his own way, he’s galvanised the community... he’s taught us about the need for compassion’ - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Thu, Mar 14, 2013

EoinMag

If there was a 'baffled by that comment' icon, I'd be clicking it now.
He's meaning that your concern for the homeless might be spurred by your fear of shortly joining their ranks, I think in any case :)