Ned O'Keeffe told village: no new school because I didn't get votes in your area

vanla sighs

Perhaps it's been mentioned before but I didn't hear about it until recently and I think the same may be true for many others. It's all outlined here

reknaw

It happened in your own county and was reported in the media there 17 months ago - and you only hear about it now.:rolleyes:

No wonder this country is so thoroughly screwed up!:lol::lol::lol:

willoughby

It happened in your own county and was reported in the media there 17 months ago - and you only hear about it now.:rolleyes:

Ah now that's not nice at all....

ellie08

He should have been sacked for that. They honestly think they live in some sort of fiefdom where they hand out the goodies to well behaved little serfs. Thanks for bringing this story up again. It's worth remembering. Let's hope the 'serfs' repay the debt of kindness at the next election. Good bye (in advance) Neddy, thanks for nothing.

Last edited:

Walkman

No harm to give it an airing again in case anyone forgets exactly how he works!

LeDroit

He should have been impeached for this. Skanger. I want them gone, gone, gone!

Rocket Man

He was also on local radio here in Cork a while ago and refused to answer a listener's question because the person was from Castletownbere which is not in his constituency.

croppyboy

He was also on local radio here in Cork a while ago and refused to answer a listener's question because the person was from Castletownbere which is not in his constituency.
Is it at all possible that it was a local query and he might have referred to them to a more appropriate source, perhaps a council representative for that particular area?

And OP I live the other side of the country and I heard about that a year ago.

People need to inform themselves a lot better. If you vote you should know what you are voting on.

Clanrickard

Live on air?!?!? Christ it is no wonder we are fecked.

Farrahy

He was on local radio last week saying that he went through cancer treatment in the past and that it is not possible to have your head right when reveiving treatment, the presenter asked him was he implying that Linehan's head isnt right he said yes that he wouldnt be capable of making the right decisions and so couldnt be supported. The following day he was on the local paper saying that he was going to stand by the government no matter what...this lad doesnt talk out of both sides of his mouth, he screams out of both sides of his mouth. The king of sound bites. Remember last year when he lost the party whip over criticism of Harney and medical cards, he shouted to anybody who would listen to him about the stand he was taking yet went straight into the Dail chamber and voted with the party on the issue.
The really sad thing here is that he'll stroll through the next election, fighting with Sean Sherlock to top the poll and it'll bevery close.

hurricane

Ah yeah...Ned o Keefe...Jackie Healy-Rea with a Cork accent.

Barrycelona

It is exactly this sort of thing that should be highlighted. We all know that Politicians behaviour changes at Election time. Look at O'Keefe himself, lately he is shouting from the roof tops to get votes by championing populist issues. We seem to forget that he was a tax evader, he got several govt grants for his pig farm, he has kept quiet on all of the big issues in Govt, up to now, etc etc etc all at the expense of the tax payer. Are these the actions we need to see in our public reps. We should be calling these people to account. Does it matter whether it happened 5 weeks ago or 5 years ago. Highlight these issues and expose them for what they are

Western Person

I thought it was because his son didn't get sufficient votes in that area (though he did get some votes) and not himself, but that's mere detail in any event.

basketcase

Ned slipped off the jack, so to speak about 2 years ago (?) when he started insisting that the local newspaper refer to him as Edmond. I have lived in Ned's locality all my life and never heard him referred to as anything but Ned O'Keeffe. He's been on a downward spiral ever since. As Farrahy said, he can speak out both sides of his mouth and out of his a*se for good measure more times than not recently.

He's an ignoramus of a man who is a disgrace to the office he holds. The epitome of the self seeking disingenuity that exists within FF that has brought the country to its' knees. I hope he gets obliterated in the GE :mad:

Aspherical123

Perhaps it's been mentioned before but I didn't hear about it until recently and I think the same may be true for many others. It's all outlined here
Is there no Dail ombudsman ? like the Parlimentary ombudsman in the UK ? This is obviously a breach of standards and his undertaking as a public representitive to represent constituents equally.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies