Need a laugh on a wet Monday morning? > 2007 FF Manifesto

G

Gimpanzee

This seems to be available exclusively on a site called drugsandalcohol.ie. And, why not? The people who wrote it and voted for it were out of their box.

First up, the puffed up chest bit:

Today Ireland stands as one of the world’s greatest economies. We enjoy the full employment, the good wages and the promising opportunities which the generations that secured our independence could only dream of.
http://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/6306/1/3823_now_the_next_steps.pdf

Some gems: An entire chapter devoted to housing.

One third of all houses in Ireland have been built since Fianna Fáil came into Government in 1997.

Housing output is now running at over 93,000 homes per annum compared with under 34,000 in 1996. In order to provide housing to meet the needs of our young and growing population, we are now building houses at a level five times greater than the European average.
Hmm....

and in De'conmy section:

We will operate a responsible fiscal policy characterised by broad budget balance and a declining debt burden.
Prudent. Very prudent.

Retain the flexibility to deal with any future shocks.
Well, I'm glad they had that covered.

And best of all, a great big roundy-headed Berticle caked in make-up doing his 'I'm a statesman' face. Fantastic.

'orebel

Ah, be fair gimp. If it hadn't been for Lehmans ya know..............

Socratus O' Pericles

What makes me laugh is the state of denial of the FF faithful.
They do not realise the extent of the kicking they are going to get the next time out.
They're ineptitude, greed and incompetence is crystallised for me in the Calelly affair-not a major deal of itself (ffer with snout in trough shock) -but they cannot even deal with it.

In another post someone assured us that FF will win at least one seat in every constituency because that’s the way it always is.

I'm saying watch Dublin North Central and Dun Laoghaire for two spots where they might get nil.

flavirostris

This seems to be available exclusively on a site called drugsandalcohol.ie. And, why not? The people who wrote it and voted for it were out of their box.

First up, the puffed up chest bit:

http://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/6306/1/3823_now_the_next_steps.pdf

Some gems: An entire chapter devoted to housing.

Worth watching Ahern loftily "rejecting" the "auction politics of the opposition" at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fhéis. He bitterly castigates them for threatening to put in jeopardy our hard won prosperity and acts as if FF were the only real proponents of fiscal responsibility.
With the benefit of hindsight we can now see that his governent were doing precisely what he was excoriating the opposition for.

Hmm....

and in De'conmy section:

Prudent. Very prudent.

Well, I'm glad they had that covered.

And best of all, a great big roundy-headed Berticle caked in make-up doing his 'I'm a statesman' face. Fantastic.
Worth watching Ahern loftily "rejecting" the "auction politics of the opposition" at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fhéis. He bitterly castigates them for threatening to put in jeopardy our hard won prosperity and acts as if FF were the only real proponents of fiscal responsibility.
With the benefit of hindsight we can now see that his governent were doing precisely what he was excoriating the opposition for supposedly doing if they ever got in.

the_rebubblican

This PDF should really have been placed on the Moon with Dev's message. I love this from the Finance and Economy section...

"We reject the shallow ideologies of right and left, believing that a strong economy, the promotion of individual enterprise and increasing investment in public services are fundamentally linked objectives."

This underneath Economic and Fiscal Framework is the cherry on the cake...
"Fianna Fail will always put responsibility first. The long-term interests of Ireland are our priority and will never be sacrificed for short-term gain." WTF?????

Shallow ideologies Jaysus! There you have it, no ideologies, no idea, no joined up thinking just "spend it while you have it" and tomorrow will take care of itself eh?

redger

They do not realise the extent of the kicking they are going to get the next time out.
They're ineptitude, greed and incompetence is crystallised for me in the Calelly affair-not a major deal of itself (ffer with snout in trough shock) -but they cannot even deal with it.

In another post someone assured us that FF will win at least one seat in every constituency because that’s the way it always is.

I'm saying watch Dublin North Central and Dun Laoghaire for two spots where they might get nil.
SOP, you are being very pessimistic there. I was able, in a post a few weeks ago, to identify about 10 or 11 constituencies where that joyous prospect could arise - First Dublin - DNE, DNC, DN, DSE, DUNLre, DNW, DC, DSW and then Kild N, Kerry N, Tipp N. Look hard for example at dub NE - who will hold a FF seat there?

Libero

Socratus O'Pericles said:
It makes you laugh?

I think they've already written off the next election.

But they know the Irish public hasn't yet absorbed the scale of what's been done, and the awful truth that even a decade of positive economic growth will still see falling living standards, thanks to the new debt burden.

So when the next government has to keep making cuts and more cuts and tax rises, and Ireland becomes an ever-grimmer place to live, raise a family and do business, who thinks the blame will fall on the government that caused it, as opposed to the government that's in office at the time?

FF may well have the last laugh in all this.

greengoose2

That manifesto can be used for the next GE thus saving the party a fortune. All they have to do is change the dates. The content is an FF standard of waffle and lies as first performed by the founder himself. Remember the Irish Press slogan:

The truth in the news​

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Presumably the title of the site refers to the substances one would have to abuse before reading this rubbish.

Can anyone explain to me why a web site owned by the Health Research Board is being used to publishing party political propoganda?

domain: drugsandalcohol.ie
descr: Health Research Board
descr: Statutory Body
descr: State Agency Name
admin-c: AJM806-IEDR
tech-c: HH36-IEDR
renewal: 01-July-2011
P.

greengoose2

Presumably the title of the site refers to the substances one would have to abuse before reading this rubbish.

Can anyone explain to me why a web site owned by the Health Research Board is being used to publishing party political propoganda?

P.
Maybe they want to hide it from obvious public view. It is on the web if questions are asked...

That would be a good place to store the Planet Bertie Speech as well. petunia

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I think the Opposition should reprint it, and send to every household in the country

They probably wouldn't even need their own election literature then

cYp

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I think the Opposition should reprint it, and send to every household in the country
They could reprint their own first, no?

Didn't all the manifestos, after all, pretty much try and outdo each other in ways to promise cuts in taxes like stamp duty yet increase public spending blah blah blah.

The last time FG and Labour were successful at an election, I don't know if I remember them promising that they would send everyone to building sites in London while they would bail out banks which would in turn write off the FG leaders debts. Yet that is what happened.

Anyone who selects one party's manifesto for selective reading years afterwards is a bit naive if they don't realise that pretty much the same allegation can be made against many parties in many countries...this is politics, does the OP really think you can accuse one of lying while all the others tell the truth?

G

Gimpanzee

does the OP really think you can accuse one of lying while all the others tell the truth?
Who mentioned lies or truth?

Look at the bits I selected. They don't refer to projections but to what they had put in place by May 2007, and to the hubris that characterised FF in the 2002 and 2007 elections.

FF got the gig. Theirs, and the greens manifesto are the only ones that are relevant in 2010.

foreignfield80

Anyone download the pdf, can't access it, asking for a login, I need a laugh today....

NewGoldDream

Website
-
FF got the gig. Theirs, and the greens manifesto are the only ones that are relevant in 2010.
Well that there is a convenient argument!

Surely the people who compiled the Opposition manifestos are still very much alive and kicking and we can laugh at what they penned too?

After all, they all made extravagant promises, they all rolled out the bs, what's more amusing is that some didn't even have the ability to sell their brand of bs!

They all promised the girl they had a great job and a flash car and a future with them was great, sadly some still went home alone. Is that not just as amusing?

dpbdpb

Well that there is a convenient argument!

Surely the people who compiled the Opposition manifestos are still very much alive and kicking and we can laugh at what they penned too?

After all, they all made extravagant promises, they all rolled out the bs, what's more amusing is that some didn't even have the ability to sell their brand of bs!

They all promised the girl they had a great job and a flash car and a future with them was great, sadly some still went home alone. Is that not just as amusing?
FF were in power so they had the power to implement their manifesto whereas the opposition didnt. Thats why the FF one is relevant.

I know you can say that the economy has changed in the meantime so it was not possible to implement their strategy, but they have been in power for the last 3 Governments so the basis for this is their responsibility too. Other countries of similar size in the EU, e.g. Belgium and Austria, have not been as badly affected as we have which would indicate the poor performance of FF.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies