Neo-nazi march in Germany peacefully, anti-fascists out of control and arrested

jimmyfour

Ten police officers hurt as anti-Nazi march runs out of control - The Local

The roughly 3,000-strong counter-demonstration, marching under the banner “Dortmund stands in the way,” was initially peaceful, but groups broke off from the main gathering and tried to make their way into the town centre, battling police as they went.

Ten police officers were injured while a local Green politician was slightly hurt while trying to stop people throwing stones at police car. A woman was also reportedly injured, although there were no further details about her.

it's interesting that the "Neo Nazis" didn't seem to be doing anything wrong except having a legal rally, but the left-wingers got out of control. It's the first time I've read such an attack on the public by anti-fascists in such big numbers. 300 of the anti-fascists were arrested, the Neo-Nazis caused no trouble whatsoever.

free speech as long is what we agree with, eh?

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo

[/i]

it's interesting that the "Neo Nazis" didn't seem to be doing anything wrong except having a legal rally, but the left-wingers got out of control. It's the first time I've read such an attack on the public by anti-fascists in such big numbers. 300 of the anti-fascists were arrested, the Neo-Nazis caused no trouble whatsoever.

It would seem so. But the majority in the counter protest it seems were peaceful. Those intent on causing trouble usually come from an extreme end of the political spectrum themselves and hold views just as abhorant as the Neo-Nazis. I don't there actions reflect on the wider counter protest.

Bakunin

[/i]

It's a bit sly calling neo-Nazis 'the public'.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
A simular incident just happend in the UK. First time I have heard of it but apparently the EDL (English Defence League) have held a protest before and been attacked.

90 arrested as far-right rally in Birmingham descends into violence - Times Online

Now I seem to remember an uproar from certain sections of society and the media for simply criticising the Muslim protest in Luton against returning British army soldiers. Here is a group, EDL, which although their platform may be viewed as far right, is attacked for protesting against Islamic extremism. Not counter attacked or subject to counter protest, but outright attacked.

I suspect the EDL is a nom de guerre for elements of the BNP, but none the less they are engaged in peaceful legal protest. I have little doubt that this legal protesting is aimed at provoking a response, but it is worrying that said response is so predicatable and indeed so ready.

Are British Muslims so eager to defend Islamists?

What is even more worrying is that while criticism of peoples comments about the Luton protest still echo, the violance against EDL is only coming to light now. This cannot be viewed as a left/right issue. Islamists are much further right than the BNP/EDL would ever dare be.

This begs the question, is the left being sidelined? They can hardly in all conscience side with pro-islamists in initiating street violance. If the mainstream media in the UK are prepared to ignore the EDL protests and resulting violance it will play into the hands of the BNP who are looking for support from dissaffected white Britains.

The Caped Cod

One must take into account the anger the average Geramn feels about Nazism. It has left a scar of shame on the country that exists (from their own point of view at least) to this day.
I remember talking to a German man in Damstaad, who patiently explained to me that Germans where some how inherently evil people and so they had to make an extra effort now to befriend the rest of the world and show they were trying to change. All I asked was why everyone's English was so good.
When you have that type of under current of national self flagelation, it's not surprising they go ape when they see Neo Nazis demonstrating.

The_SR

[/i]

tut tut tut.

cactusflower

[/i]

The usual Third Position anarcho-cops? Got any photos? Did you check their boots?

SJL4277

Well the neo-nazis organized a march, they were hardly planning to run amok breaking things and attacking people during it were they? They do that when they've less chance of being caught. This doesn't really illustrate anything- every July 12th there's a 'legal rally' up North that attracts violent protest but it would be completely ridiculous if someone argued that the Nationalist community at large were 'out of control'.
And neo-nazis are also partial to a bit of violent protest http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/may2009/nazi-m09.shtml
Oh and I can't believe you started a thread sticking up for neo-nazis, what are you, a racist?

Last edited:

Oblivion

Unfortunately, the fascist population is steadily growing in Germany.

In the most high-profile example, several fascists were bold enough to study in Hamburg - and enroll on pilot lessons there - before launching their attacks on New York and the Pentagon.

mcdonald douglas

Unfortunately, the fascist population is steadily growing in Germany.

In the most high-profile example, several fascists were bold enough to study in Hamburg - and enroll on pilot lessons there - before launching their attacks on New York and the Pentagon.
The mass murderers who attacked New York were not fascists but Muslims from the middle east.Just a quirk that they were studying in Germany.Are Muslim terrorists fascists? I'm confused about the term "fascist".

Eorna

The mass murderers who attacked New York were not fascists but Muslims from the middle east.Just a quirk that they were studying in Germany.Are Muslim terrorists fascists? I'm confused about the term "fascist".
A fascist has become such a over used term of abuse, that it no longer has any real meaning in public discourse. It pretty much applies to anyone who disagrees with a far left approach. The irony of Antifa numpties fighting along side Islamists is one example of the mind boggling double standards that are applied to who is, and who is not a "fascist".

Tiernanator

[/i]

There is nothing neo about nazis they are the same breed as Hitler and his cronies. Your attempt to portray the mass movement against nazism as violent is crass.

jimmyfour

tut tut tut.
I was referring to the woman who was attacked and also the police actually. Anyone who puts themselves up for "protest marches", on either side, will undoubtedly draw some ire, but it was such a huge group (300) that were arrested, it's clear that hard core left wingers are as dangerous to general daily life as a the hard core right wingers.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
If you break the law in attacking even such an abhorrent march as one organized by Neo-nazis you are in the wrong...and engaging in violence. You muddy the waters and give an advantage to them, allowing them to portray themselves as martyrs who are denied free-speech and assembly. There are plentiful laws in Germany dealing with Nazis and these things are best left to the police. They are best ignored.
And Eorna has a point. Some of the people who would represent themselves as 'anti-fascists' seem to have no problem with views just as loathsome as those the Nazis had when they come from an islamic perspective.

jimmyfour

There is nothing neo about nazis they are the same breed as Hitler and his cronies. Your attempt to portray the mass movement against nazism as violent is crass.
I called them "neo" because that is what the article said they were; I wasn't there and am taking the reporter's description!

They can hardly be called Nazis; the NSDAP is long gone.

jimmyfour

If you break the law in attacking even such an abhorrent march as one organized by Neo-nazis you are in the wrong...and engaging in violence. You muddy the waters and give an advantage to them, allowing them to portray themselves as martyrs who are denied free-speech and assembly. There are plentiful laws in Germany dealing with Nazis and these things are best left to the police. They are best ignored.
This is the truth. I can't see why such a huge bunch of anti-fascists would cause such damage, but apparently it's as likely as Nazis in places these days.

redpath

What a thread

this song might be of use
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP9BBUK7LvA"]YouTube - Ramones-Today Your Love,Tomorrow The World(1975)[/ame]

RasherHash

March of the Waffen-SS legionnaires in Riga on March 16, 2018

Comment by Information and Press Department in connection with another march of the Waffen-SS legionnaires in Riga on March 16, 2018

Again, with the tacit approval of the Latvian authorities, on March 16, Riga honoured those who committed mass crimes against humanity in the ranks of the “voluntary Latvian SS Legion” and were involved in large-scale punitive actions against hundreds of thousands of civilians and the extermination of Jews. It is noteworthy that this march of “innocent victims and defenders of freedom” was supported by deputies of the ruling coalition.

Such rallies are shameful displays in modern Europe and involve representatives of the political establishment. We recoil at them and the blasphemous attempts to legally give this day official status.

We strongly condemn this shameful gathering and look forward to hearing principled reactions to what is happening in Latvia from the world community and relevant international organisations.

https://ireland.mid.ru/en_GB/web/ireland_/home/-/asset_publisher/jMdQKPys2LHL/content/comment-by-information-and-press-department-in-connection-with-another-march-of-the-waffen-ss-legionnaires-in-riga-on-march-16-2018?inheritRedirect=false&redirect=https://ireland.mid.ru:443/en_GB/web/ireland_/home?p_p_id=101_INSTANCE_jMdQKPys2LHL&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-2&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=3

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies