Netanyahu "I will continue to work tirelessly for peace. It’s time that you (Abbas) join this effort."

L'Chaim

Netanyahu "I will continue to work tirelessly for peace. It’s time that you (Abbas) join this effort."

President Abbas,
Since over the past several years, you refused to meet me and sit down and negotiate peace, I hope you’ll hear this message.

First, your advisor, Sultan Abu al Einein recently called to slit the throat of every Israeli.

Three days later, a Palestinian terrorist turned these words into action when he slit the throat of a 13-year-old beautiful girl, Hallel Yaffa Ariel, as she slept.

She was a little, innocent girl.
She didn't deserve this.

I ask that you fire this advisor because advocating genocide is not consistent with peace.

Second, your party recently praised a terrorist on Facebook who murdered 24 civilians, innocent Israelis in cold blood.

I ask that you to pick up the phone and instruct your party's social media manager to stop praising mass murderers.
Impressionable children read these posts.

They should be taught harmony, not hate.
Such words seriously harm the chances of peace.

Third, next week the Palestinian Authority will dedicate a monument to Abu Sukar. Abu Sukar murdered 15 people by detonating a refrigerator filled with explosives on a busy Jerusalem street.

Rather than dedicate a statue to a mass-murderer, I ask that you consider honoring a champion of co-existence.

This will help educate future generations to love peace over war, compassion over violence.
It will also help convince Israelis that they have a true partner for peace.

Fourth, the PLO currently pays a monthly salary to anyone who murders Jews.

This money provides direct incentive to commit terror.
I ask that you stop paying murderers and instead use this money to fund co-existence education, teach tolerance not terror.

Fifth, every Israeli and Palestinian child deserves a life of hope, of tranquility and opportunity.

I will continue to work tirelessly for peace.
It’s time that you join this effort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MtEsV9LCFo

Now that's a perfect message and it sums up the difference between Israel's leaders and the palestinian leaders

Nemesiscorporation

Abbas wrote his PHD thesis claiming that the holocaust never happened. When someone is that far gone in the head, how do you negotiate with him?

Also the Hamas leaders are living in big walled estate houses in Qatar. They take in hundreds of millions each year of money that is supposed to go to the people of Gaza. By now, most if not all of the leaders of Hamas, are billionaires. Peace would cost them a fortune, literally.

Abbas supports ethnic cleansing of jews and is a parasite secretly earning millions to build himself a palace and a lifestyle that no other Palestinians can even dream about. Hamas needs the conflict to continue so they can stay in luxury in their mansions in Qatar.

People talk about Netanyahu being right wing. Compared to the leaders of PLO and Hamas, Netanyahu is a free love, dope smoking, hippy.

There are the problems that no one wants to know about in the west in case they have to accept not everything is the fault of jews in the Israeli-Palestine conflict.

For the record if people in the west actually gave a damn about palestinians, which they clearly don't, they would have been screaming about ISIS killing at least 10,000 and probably more palestinians, in the camps in Syria. No jews were involved so the loudest voices in the west were silent, as they don't care about the palestinians in reality.

mossyman

Abbas wrote his PHD thesis claiming that the holocaust never happened. When someone is that far gone in the head, how do you negotiate with him?

Also the Hamas leaders are living in big walled estate houses in Qatar. They take in hundreds of millions each year of money that is supposed to go to the people of Gaza. By now, most if not all of the leaders of Hamas, are billionaires. Peace would cost them a fortune, literally.

Abbas supports ethnic cleansing of jews and is a parasite secretly earning millions to build himself a palace and a lifestyle that no other Palestinians can even dream about. Hamas needs the conflict to continue so they can stay in luxury in their mansions in Qatar.

People talk about Netanyahu being right wing. Compared to the leaders of PLO and Hamas, Netanyahu is a free love, dope smoking, hippy.

There are the problems that no one wants to know about in the west in case they have to accept not everything is the fault of jews in the Israeli-Palestine conflict.

For the record if people in the west actually gave a damn about palestinians, which they clearly don't, they would have been screaming about ISIS killing at least 10,000 and probably more palestinians, in the camps in Syria. No jews were involved so the loudest voices in the west were silent, as they don't care about the palestinians in reality.
Whatever corruption goes on in the PLO and Hamas, as I am sure it does, it is not an excuse for Israeli crimes.

Nemesiscorporation

Whatever corruption goes on in the PLO and Hamas, as I am sure it does, it is not an excuse for Israeli crimes.
OK, I will bite. What about Palestinian crimes? They tend to be at minimum an order of magnitude beyond anything in Israel to a few orders of magnitude worse than in Israel depending on what we are talking about such as land rights, womens rights, disabled rights, lgbt rights, etc.

Some quick questions.

Do you consider the constant killing of LGBT people in Palestinian areas to be acceptable?

Do you oppose Palestinian LGBT people getting asylum in Israel, namely Tel Aviv?

Do you oppose the legal ban on jews owning land in PLO and Hamas controlled areas, or even Jordan for that matter?

Do you support stoning to death or throwing down wells of women who are deemed fallen, as in Palestine?

Do you support or oppose the teaching of children that all jews have to be killed in PLO and Hamas areas?

Well?

mossyman

OK, I will bite. What about Palestinian crimes? They tend to be at minimum an order of magnitude beyond anything in Israel to a few orders of magnitude worse than in Israel depending on what we are talking about such as land rights, womens rights, disabled rights, lgbt rights, etc.

Some quick questions.

Do you consider the constant killing of LGBT people in Palestinian areas to be acceptable?

Do you oppose Palestinian LGBT people getting asylum in Israel, namely Tel Aviv?

Do you oppose the legal ban on jews owning land in PLO and Hamas controlled areas, or even Jordan for that matter?

Do you support stoning to death or throwing down wells of women who are deemed fallen, as in Palestine?

Do you support or oppose the teaching of children that all jews have to be killed in PLO and Hamas areas?

Well?
Yes of course I condemn those crimes. Why would I not? I condemn all Palestinian crimes, human rights abuses and terrorism.

Nemesiscorporation

Yes of course I condemn those crimes. Why would I not? I condemn all Palestinian crimes, human rights abuses and terrorism.
Then why are you constantly singling out Israel?

The biggest killer of Palestinians recently has been ISIS, over 10,000 and rising. Once the mass graves are properly investigated, that number will rise substantially. Why are there not demonstrations against ISIS and calls to wipe ISIS of the face of the Earth, like there are calls to wipe Israel of the map?

Ever think about that?

PBP voter

PBP voter

B'Tselem Investigation: Soldier killed Iyad Hamed in Silwad though he posed no danger to anyone | B'Tselem

On 26 August 2016, at about 12:00 Noon, soldiers shot and killed Iyad Zakaria Muhammad Hamed, 37, married with two children, close to a military observation tower overlooking Route 60. In the first of several versions reported by the media, the military initially claimed that Hamed had fire shots at the tower. This was later replaced by the claim that he threw a Molotov cocktail. Eventually, the military alleged that Hamed had run toward them while they were on patrol near the tower, and that they performed the suspect apprehension procedure, which included firing into the air.

mossyman

Then why are you constantly singling out Israel?

The biggest killer of Palestinians recently has been ISIS, over 10,000 and rising. Once the mass graves are properly investigated, that number will rise substantially. Why are there not demonstrations against ISIS and calls to wipe ISIS of the face of the Earth, like there are calls to wipe Israel of the map?

Ever think about that?
Because I don't see anyone on here making excuses for ISIS. Nearly everyone supports wiping out ISIS.

With respect to Israel people actually try to defends Israel's crimes. Hence why they are the subject of intense debate.

Last edited:

Nemesiscorporation

B'Tselem Investigation: Soldier killed Iyad Hamed in Silwad though he posed no danger to anyone | B'Tselem

On 26 August 2016, at about 12:00 Noon, soldiers shot and killed Iyad Zakaria Muhammad Hamed, 37, married with two children, close to a military observation tower overlooking Route 60. In the first of several versions reported by the media, the military initially claimed that Hamed had fire shots at the tower. This was later replaced by the claim that he threw a Molotov cocktail. Eventually, the military alleged that Hamed had run toward them while they were on patrol near the tower, and that they performed the suspect apprehension procedure, which included firing into the air.

OK, explain to me the reason you do not oppose Hamas sending over 10,000 rockets in to Israel?

Why do you consider that acceptable?

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

"I will continue to work tirelessly for peace."
By peace it will be the force of tanks, air strikes and guns.
By peace it will be the seizure of your lands.
By peace it will be the shooting of your people and your children.
By peace it will be the starvation of your families by sanction.

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
The "peace" of the victor, when the vanquished peoples no longer present a threat of retribution or resistance.

Nemesiscorporation

Because I don't see anyone on hear making excuses for ISIS. Nearly everyone supports wiping out ISIS.

With respect to Israel people actually try to defends Israel's crimes. Hence why they are the subject of intense debate.
When there was a vote on bombing ISIS in the EU parliament, European United Left–Nordic Green Left (SF and Ming) voted against it.

PBP opposes attacking ISIS.

PBP voter

OK, explain to me the reason you do not oppose Hamas sending over 10,000 rockets in to Israel?

I agree with Dan and the founders of my country.

[video=youtube;fTS09G__CqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTS09G__CqQ[/video]

mossyman

I think most pro-Palestinian posters condemn it. I certainly condemn it.

Palestinian rockets have killed about 30 Israeli civilians in the past 15 years. That is awful and it should be condemned. But the Israelis have used these attacks to justify totally disproportionate attacks on the Palestinians, killing thousands of civilians, while at the same time taking more of their land and making a Palestinian state unviable.

Also it is important to note that Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian territory and is actively stealing their land and has been doing so since 1967. It is important to consider this context when discussing the rocket attacks.

mossyman

When there was a vote on bombing ISIS in the EU parliament, European United Left–Nordic Green Left (SF and Ming) voted against it.

I wasn't aware of that. I'm in favour of wiping out ISIS.

PBP voter

I think most pro-Palestinian posters condemn it. I certainly condemn it.

Palestinian rockets have killed about 30 Israeli civilians in the past 15 years. That is awful and it should be condemned. But the Israelis have used these attacks to justify totally disproportionate attacks on the Palestinians, killing thousands of civilians, while at the same time taking more of their land and making a Palestinian state unviable.

Also it is important to note that Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian territory and is actively stealing their land. It is important to consider this context.
If you don't fight you don't win.

Would their be a Jewish state today without all this?

June 12 – A British explosives expert was killed trying to defuse an Irgun bomb near a Jerusalem post office.
August 26 – Two British police officers, Inspector Ronald Barker and Inspector Ralph Cairns, commander of the Jewish Department of the C.I.D., were killed by an Irgun mine in Jerusalem.[87][88]
1942[edit]
February 12 – Lehi leader Avraham Stern was shot and killed by British detectives in Tel Aviv.[citation needed]
1944[edit]
February 12 – British immigration offices in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and Haifa were attacked by Irgun.
February 14 – Two British constables were shot dead when they attempted to arrest Lehi fighters pasting up wall posters in Haifa.[89]
February 18 – A police patrol shot and killed a Jewish civilian who had not replied swiftly enough to its challenge.[89]
February 24 – A British police official and four CID officers were wounded in bombings.[89]
February 27 – Simultaneous bombing attacks were launched against British income tax offices.[89]
March 2 – A British constable was shot and severely wounded after coming upon Irgun fighters putting up a poster.[89]
March 13 – Lehi killed a Jewish CID officer in Ramat Gan.[89]
March 19 – A Lehi member was shot dead while resisting arrest by the CID in Tel Aviv. Lehi retaliated with an attack in Tel Aviv that killed two police officers and wounded one.[89]
March 23 – Irgun fighters led by Rahamim Cohen raided and bombed the British intelligence offices and placed explosives. A British soldier and Irgun fighter were killed. An Irgun unit led by Amichai Paglin raided the British intelligence headquarters in Jaffa, and Irgun fighters led by Yaakov Hillel raided the British intelligence offices in Haifa.[90]
April 1 – A British constable was killed and another wounded.[89]
July 13 – Irgun fighters broke into and bombed the British intelligence building on Mamilla street in Jerusalem.[90]
September 29 – A senior British police officer of the Criminal Intelligence Department was assassinated by Irgun in Jerusalem.[91]
November 6 – Lehi fighters Eliyahu Bet-Zuri and Eliyahu Hakim assassinated British politician Lord Moyne in Cairo. Moyne's driver was also killed.
1945[edit]
January 27 – A British judge was kidnapped by Irgun and released in exchange for Jewish detainees.
March 22 – Lehi members Eliyahu Bet-Zuri and Eliyahu Hakim were hanged in Cairo.
August 14 – Irgun fighters overpowered and disarmed two British sentries, and then blew up the Yibne Railway Bridge.[92]
October 10 – Haganah fighters raid the Atlit detainee camp, which was being used by the British to hold thousands of illegal Jewish immigrants from Europe, freeing 208 inmates.[89] The raid was planned by Yitzhak Rabin, commanded by Nahum Sarig, and executed by the Palmach.
November 1 – Night of the Trains – Haganah fighters sabotaged railroads used by the British, and sank three British guard boats. At the same time, an Irgun unit led by Eitan Livni raided a train station in Lod, destroying a number of buildings and three train engines. One Irgun fighter, two British soldiers, and four Arabs were killed.
December 27 – Irgun fighters raided and bombed British Intelligence Offices in Jerusalem, killing seven British policemen. Two Irgun fighters were also killed. Irgun also attacked a British Army camp in Northern Tel Aviv. In the exchange of fire, a British soldier and Irgun fighter were killed, and five Irgun fighters were injured.[93]
1946[edit]

The King David Hotel after the bombing, photo from The Palestine Post

British paratroopers enforce curfew in Tel Aviv following the King David Hotel bombing, July 1946

Zionist leaders arrested during Operation Agatha, in a detention camp in Latrun

Jewish civilians guarded by a soldier of the Parachute Regiment wait to be interrogated during a search in Tel Aviv for Jewish militants, July 1946
January 19 – Jewish fighters destroyed a power station and a portion of the Central Jerusalem Prison with explosives. During the incident, two persons were killed by police.[94]
January 20 – Palmach attacked the Givat Olga Coast Guard Station. One person was killed and ten were injured during the raid. A Palmach attempt to sabotage the British radar station on Mount Carmel was thwarted. Documents seized by the British indicated that the attacks were retaliation for the seizure of a Jewish immigrant ship two days before.[94][95]
February 22 – Haganah fighters attacked a police Tegart fort with a 200 lb bomb. In the firefight that followed, Haganah suffered casualties.[96]
February 23 – Haganah fighters attacked British mobile police forces in Kfar Vitkin, Shfar'am and Sharona.
February 26 – Irgun and Lehi fighters attacked three British airfields and destroyed dozens of aircraft. One Irgun fighter was killed.[97]
March 6 – A military truck carrying 30 Irgun fighters disguised as British soldiers approached a British army camp at Sarafand, where the fighters infiltrated into the armoury and stole weaponry. An exchange fire began after the fighters were discovered. The remaining weapons and ammunition in the armoury were destroyed by a mine, and the truck then drove off at high speed. Four Irgun fighters were captured, two of them women. Two of the captured fighters were wounded.[98]
March 25 – The Jewish immigrant ship Wingate was fired on by British police as it docked in Haifa, killing a Palmach member.
April 2 – Irgun launched a sabotage operation against the railway network in the south, inflicting severe damage. The retreating fighters were surrounded after being spotted by a British reconnaissance aircraft. Two British policemen were killed, and three British soldiers were wounded. Two Irgun fighters were killed, four wounded, and 31 arrested.[99]
April 23 – Dozens of Irgun fighters disguised as British soldiers and Arab prisoners infiltrated the Ramat Gan police station, then ordered the policemen into the detention cell at gunpoint, blasted open the door to the armoury and looted it. Irgun porters loaded the weapons onto a waiting truck. A British policeman on the upper story shot dead the Irgun Bren gunner covering the raid from a balcony on the building opposite the police station, then fired at the porters, who continued to load weapons under fire. One Irgun member was killed as he ran to the truck, and Irgun commander Dov Gruner was wounded and subsequently captured by the British. After the weapons had been loaded, the truck drove off to an orange grove near Ramat Gan.[100]
April 25 – Lehi fighters attacked a Tel Aviv car park that was being used by the British Army's 6th Airborne Division, killing seven British soldiers and looting the arms racks they found. They then laid mines and retreated.[101] Some British soldiers retaliated by damaging Jewish property.[102]
June 16–17 – Night of the Bridges – Haganah carried out a sabotage operation, blowing up ten of the eleven bridges connecting British Mandatory Palestine to the neighbouring countries, while staging 50 diversion ambushes and operations against British forces throughout Palestine. Haganah lost 14 dead and 5 wounded in the operation.[103] The British responded with raids on Kfar Giladi, Matsuba, and Bet HaArava, encountering only minor resistance. Three Jews were killed, 18 wounded, and 100 detained.[104]
June 17 – Lehi attacked railroad workshops in Haifa. Eleven Lehi members were killed during the attack.[105]
June 18 – Irgun fighters took six British officers hostage. They were later released after the death sentences passed on two Irgun fighters were commuted.
June 20 – British troops searching for the six officers abducted on June 18 killed two Jewish militants.[106]
June 29 – Operation Agatha – British military and police units began a three-day operation, searching three cities and Jewish settlements throughout Palestine and imposing curfews, arresting 2,718 Jews and seizing numerous arms and munitions which were found unexpectedly. The Jewish Agency building was raided, and numerous documents were confiscated. During the operation, four Jews were killed and 80 injured.[94]
July 22 – King David Hotel bombing – Irgun fighters bombed the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, which was home to the central offices of the British Mandatory authorities and the headquarters of British forces in Palestine and Transjordan. A total of 91 people were killed, including 28 British soldiers, policemen and civilians. Most of the dead were Arabs. Another 46 people were injured. Irgun suffered two casualties when British soldiers became suspicious and fired at a group of Irgun fighters as they fled from the scene, wounding two. One of them later died from his injuries.[107]
July 29 – British police raided a bomb-making workshop in Tel Aviv.[94]
July 30 – Tel Aviv was placed under a 22-hour curfew for four days as 20,000 British soldiers conducted house-to-house searches for Jewish militants. The city was sealed off and troops were ordered to shoot curfew violators. British troops detained 500 people for further questioning and seized a large cache of weapons, extensive counterfeiting equipment, as well as $1,000,000 in counterfeit government bonds that was discovered in a raid on the city's largest synagogue.[94]
August 13 – A crowd of about 1,000 Jews attempted to break into the port area of Haifa as two Royal Navy ships departed for Cyprus with 1,300 illegal immigrants on board, and a ship with 600 more was escorted into the port. British soldiers fired on the crowd, killing three and wounding seven.[94]
August 22 – Palyam frogmen attached a limpet mine to the side of the British cargo ship Empire Rival, which had been used to deport Jewish immigrants to Cyprus. A hole was blown in the ship's side.
August 26 – British troops searched two Jewish coastal villages for three Jews involved in the Empire Rival incident. During the operation, 85 persons, including the entire male population of one of the villages, were detained.[94]
August 30 – British soldiers discovered arms and munitions dumps in Dorot and Ruhama.[94]
September 8 – Jewish fighters sabotaged railroads in fifty places in Palestine.[94]
September 9 – Two British officers were killed by an explosion at a public building in Tel Aviv.[94] A British police sergeant, T.G. Martin, who had identified and arrested Lehi leader and future Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, was assassinated near his Haifa home.[108]
September 10 – British forces imposed a curfew and searched for militants in Tel Aviv and Ramat Gan, arresting 101 people and wounding four.[94]
September 15 – Jewish fighters attacked a police station on the coast near Tel Aviv, but were driven off by gunfire.[94]
September 20 - Bombed Haifa Station[109][110]
October 6 – A member of the Royal Air Force was shot and killed.[94]
October 8 – Two British soldiers were killed when their truck detonated a mine outside Jerusalem. A leading Arab figure was wounded in another mine attack, and mines were also found near government house.
October 30 – Irgun launched an attack in the Jerusalem Railway Station, killing two British guards.
October 31 – The British embassy in Rome was damaged by a bomb.[94]
November 1–2 – Palmach sank three British naval police craft.[89]
November 9–13 – Jewish underground members launched a series of land mine and suitcase bomb attacks against railroad stations, trains, and streetcars, killing 11 British soldiers and policemen and 8 Arab constables.[94]
November 17 – Three British policemen and a Royal Air Force sergeant were killed when their truck hit a mine near Lydda.[94][111]
November 18 – British police in Tel Aviv attacked Jews on the streets and fired into houses in retaliation for the mine attack that occurred the previous day. Twenty Jews were injured.[94] Meanwhile, a British engineer trying to remove mines planted near an RAF airfield was killed and four other men were injured when one of the mines exploded.
November 20 – Three people were injured when a bomb exploded in the Jerusalem tax office.[94]
November 25 – The Jewish immigrant ship Knesset Israel was captured by four British destroyers. Efforts to force the Jewish refugees onto deportation ships were met with resistance. Two refugees were killed and 46 wounded. Haganah attacked the Givat Olga police station and the Sydna-Ali coastal patrol station, wounding six British and eight Arab policemen.[89]
November 26 – The British launched a massive search operation and established a 1,000-man cordon on the Plain of Sharon and in Samaria, looking for the perpetrators of the previous days attacks and illegal weapons. Jewish settlers put up violent resistance to the soldiers. The British reported 65 soldiers and 16 policemen wounded, while the Jews had 8 dead and 75 wounded.[89]
October 8 – Two British soldiers were killed and three wounded when their truck hit a mine.[112]
October 31 – The British embassy in Rome was bombed by the Irgun, wounding three.
December 2–5 – Six British soldiers and four other persons were killed in bomb and mine attacks.[94]
December 28 – An Irgun prisoner who had been sentenced to 18 years in prison and 18 lashes was whipped.
December 29 – Night of the Beatings – Irgun fighters kidnapped and flogged six British soldiers. The British responded by ordering their soldiers back into army camps and setting up ro******************************************s. A car with five armed Irgun men carrying a whip was stopped. British soldiers opened fire, killing one Irgun fighter. The remaining four were arrested.[113]
1947[edit]

Irgun men in British Army uniforms, preparing to stage the Acre Prison break

A British security zone in Jerusalem, dubbed "Bevingrad" after Ernest Bevin, 1948.
January 2 – A British soldier was killed when the Bren gun carrier he was riding was hit by a mine.[114] The Irgun also launched a flamethrower attack against a military car park in Tiberias.
January 8 - Twelve Irgun members were arrested in Rishon LeZion.
January 5 – Eleven British soldiers were injured in a grenade attack on a train in Banha carrying British troops to Palestine from Egypt.[94]
January 12 – A Lehi member drove a truck bomb into a police station in Haifa, killing two British and two Arab constables, and wounding 140.[94]
January 26 – A retired British major, H. Collins, was abducted in Jerusalem, badly beaten, and chloroformed. A British judge was kidnapped the following day. Both men were released when British High Commissioner Alan Cunningham threatened martial law unless the two men were returned unharmed. Collins subsequently died from chloroform poisoning, as the chloroform had been improperly administered by his captors.[94][114]
March 1 – Irgun bombed the Officers Club on King George Street in Jerusalem, killing 17 British officers and wounding 27, resulting in martial law that lasted 16 days. Immediately after martial law was declared, two Jews were shot and killed, one of them a four-year-old girl standing on the balcony of her home. During the period of martial law, 78 Jews suspected of membership in the Jewish resistance were arrested.[115]
March 2 – Three British soldiers were killed by a landmine disguised as a stone that detonated as their vehicle was passing on Mount Carmel.[114]
March 3 – A mine blew up a British scout car near Tel Aviv, killing three soldiers and injuring one.[116]
March 4 – Five British soldiers were injured when their truck was wrecked by a mine near Rishon LeZion, and four Arabs were injured when a Royal Air Force vehicle was blown up by a mine near Ramla. A British military office in Haifa was bombed, and a small-scale raid hit an army camp near Hadera.[117]
March 9 – A British Army camp was attacked in Hadera.[94]
March 11 – Two British soldiers were killed.
March 12 – Irgun attacked the Schneller Camp, which was being used as a barracks and office of the Royal Army Pay Corps. One British soldier was killed and eight were wounded. A British camp near Karkur was also raided, shots were fired at the Sarona camp, and a mine exploded near Rishon LeZion.
March 23 – One British soldier was killed when a train on the Cairo-Haifa line hit a mine in Rehovot.[114]
March 29 – A British officer was killed when Jewish fighters ambushed a British cavalry party near Ramla.[94]
April 2 – The Ocean Vigour, a British freighter used to transport captured illegal immigrants to Cyprus, was damaged in a bomb attack by Palyam, the naval force of the Palmach.[94]
April 3 – A British military truck was damaged and blown off the road by a mine in Haifa, injuring two soldiers of the 6th Airborne Division.[118] The British transport ship Empire Rival was damaged by a time-bomb while en route from Haifa to Port Said.[94]
April 7 – A British patrol killed Jewish militant Moshe Cohen.[94]
April 8 – A British constable was killed in retaliation for Cohen's death.[94] A Jewish boy was also killed by British troops.
April 13 – The Jewish immigrant ship Theodor Herzl was captured by the British. Three Jewish refugees were killed and 27 injured during the takeover.
April 14 – The Royal Navy captured the Jewish immigrant ship Guardian. Two Jews were killed and 14 wounded during the takeover.[94]
April 17 – The British Army leave centre in Netanya was attacked by three Jewish fighters who shot a sentry dead, tossed three bombs and then escaped.[119]
April 19 – Four Irgun fighters (Dov Gruner, Yehiel Dresner, Mordechai Alkahi and Eliezer Kashani) were hanged by British authorities. Irgun retaliated with three attacks; a British soldier was killed during a raid on a field dressing station near Netanya, a civilian bystander was killed during an attack on a British armoured car in Tel Aviv, and shots were fired at British troops in Haifa.[94]
April 21 – Irgun member Meir Feinstein and Lehi member Moshe Barzani killed themselves in prison with grenades smuggled to them in hollowed-out oranges, hours before they were to be hanged.[94]
April 22 – A British troop train arriving from Cairo was bombed outside Rehovot, killing five soldiers and three civilians, and wounding 39.[94] In a separate incident, two British soldiers were killed in Jerusalem.[114]
April 25 – Lehi bombed a British police compound, killing five policemen.[94]
April 26 – A British police official was assassinated.

The prison wall after the break
May 4 – Acre Prison break – Irgun members working with Jewish prisoners inside Acre Prison managed to blow a hole in the wall, and assault the prison, freeing 28 Jewish prisoners. Nine Irgun and Lehi fighters, including commander Dov Cohen, were killed during the retreat.[120] Five Irgun fighters and eight escapees were later captured.
May 6 – A British counter-terrorism unit led by Roy Farran abducted 16-year-old Lehi member Alexander Rubowitz, later torturing and killing him.[121]
May 12 – Two British policemen were killed by Jewish fighters in Jerusalem.
May 15 – Two British soldiers were killed and seven injured by Lehi. A British policeman was also killed in an ambush.
May 16 – A British constable and a Jewish police superintendent were assassinated.
June 4 – Eight Lehi Letter bombs addressed to high British government officials, including Prime Minister Clement Attlee, were discovered in London.[94] A British soldier was killed in Haifa.[114]
June 28 – Lehi fighters opened fire on a line of British soldiers waiting in line outside a Tel Aviv theater, killing three soldiers and wounding two. One Briton was also killed and several wounded in a Haifa hotel. A Jewish fighter was also wounded.
June 29 – Four British soldiers were wounded in a Lehi attack at a Herzliya beach.[94]
July 17 – Irgun carried out five mining operations against British military traffic in the vicinity of Netanya, killing one Briton and wounding sixteen.[94]
July 16 – A British soldier was killed by a vehicle mine near Petah Tikva.[114]
July 18 – A British soldier was killed.[94]
July 19 – Irgun attacked four locations in Haifa, killing a British constable and wounding twelve. A British soldier was also killed.
July 20 – A British soldier was killed.[94]
July 21 – A Haganah raid knocked out a British radar station in Haifa that was being used to track Aliyah Bet ships. Elsewhere, mortar shells were fired at the headquarters of the British 1st Infantry Division in Tel Litwinsky, a British staff car near Netanya was fired on, and a British soldier was killed when his truck hit a mine near Raanana.[122]
July 25 – A British soldier was killed and three others were injured when their jeep hit a mine near Netanya. Jewish fighters also blew up railway track near Gaza and damaged a railway bridge near Binyamina.[123]
July 26 – Two British soldiers were killed by a booby trap.
July 27 – Seven British soldiers were wounded in an ambush and mine explosions.[94]

Clifford Martin and Mervyn Paice killed by the Irgun
July 29–31 – The Sergeants affair – British authorities hanged Irgun fighters Avshalom Haviv, Yaakov Weiss and Meir Nakar. In retaliation, Irgun hanged British intelligence corps sergeants Mervyn Paice and Clifford Martin, who had previously been abducted and held as hostages, afterwards re-hanging their bodies from trees in a eucalyptus grove near Netanya. A mine laid underneath exploded as one of the bodies was being cut down, injuring a British officer.[124][125] In a separate incident, two British soldiers were killed and three wounded by a land mine near Hadera planted by Irgun fighters. British soldiers and policemen reacted by rampaging in Tel Aviv, breaking windows, overturning cars, stealing a taxi and assaulting civilians. Groups of young Jews then began stoning British foot patrols, causing them to be withdrawn from the city. Upon learning of the stonings, members of mobile police units drove to Tel Aviv in six armored cars, where they smashed windows, raided two cafes and detonated a grenade in the second one, and fired into two crowded buses. Five Jews were killed and fifteen wounded.[126][127]
August 1 – An anti-British riot broke out during the funeral procession of the five Jews killed the day before, and 33 Jews were injured. In Jerusalem, an attack by Jewish fighters on a British security zone in Rehavia was repulsed. One attacker was killed and two captured.[94]
August 5 – Three British police officers were killed by a bomb at the Jerusalem Department of Labor building.[128]
August 9 – Irgun bombed a British troop train north of Lydda, killing the Jewish engineer.[94][129][130]
August 15 - 2 Arabs (including 13-year-old boy) killed in Jaffa, 1 Jew killed in Kfar Saba, 1 Arab killed in [Ramat Gan].[131]
August 15 - Orange Grove attack by Haganah: 11 Arabs, including 4 children (3 girls and a 3-year-old boy), their parents and adult sibling were killed in an orange grove outside Tel Aviv. The Haganah claimed responsibility, four workers were killed by machine gun fire and the family of seven when the house they were sleeping in was dynamited.[131]
August 18 – A British police cadet was killed on Mount Zion.[114]
August 22 – Two British soldiers were injured when the military truck they were traveling in was hit by a mine.[132]
September 3 – A postal bomb sent by either Irgun or Lehi exploded in the post office sorting room of the British War Office in London, injuring two.[133]
September 21 – A British messenger was killed.
September 26 – Irgun fighters robbed a bank, killing four British policemen.[134]
September 27 – A Jewish illegal immigrant was killed by the British.
September 29 – 10 killed (4 British policemen, 4 Arab policemen and an Arab couple) and 53 injured in Haifa police headquarters bombing by Irgun. One ton of explosives in a barrel was used for the bombing and Irgun said it was done on the first day of Sukkot to avoid Jewish casualties.[135][136][137][138]
September 29 - Irgun bombed the Cairo-Haifa train, twenty miles south of Haifa partially derailing it. One person was hospitalized.[135]
October 13 – Two British soldiers were killed in Jerusalem.
November 12 – A total of 21 were killed in British-Jewish clashes.
November 14 – Four Britons were killed in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
November 17 - 2 Britons (a soldier and a constable) killed and 28 others wounded in bombing/shooting at Jerusalem cafe.[130]
December 8 - 4 Arabs and 4 Jews (including a woman and a 3 year old) were killed during an Arab attack on Beit Yaakov outside Tel Aviv (this was the first mass Arab attack on a Jewish village).[139]
December 9 – 7 Jews and 1 Arabs died in clashes in Haifa. A British soldier was also killed in Haifa and another seriously wounded by molotov cocktails thrown at their cars by Jewish insurgents.[114][139]
December 10 – A British soldier was killed and another wounded in Haifa.[114] Two Arabs wounded in an Irgun bombing in Haifa later died.[140]
December 11 - 11 Jews and 9 Arabs were killed and 46 Arabs and 14 Jews injured, one British soldier wounded died later.(AP reported 41 total deaths, other sources reported 35). Nine of the Jewish deaths along with four injuries occurred during an attack on a bus convoy near Hebron. Four of the Arab deaths and 30 of the wounded were from bombing of a Lebanese-Arab bus in Haifa.[140][141]
December 12 – Jewish underground bombing attacks on buses in Haifa and Ramla killed 2 British soldiers, 20 Arabs and 5 Jews. Thirteen of the Arab deaths occurred during a Jewish attack on the village of Tira near Haifa. One Arab was wounded in another Jewish attack on the village of Shefat. A British Airways bus was attacked and burned near Lydda by Arabs, four people (including one Czech official) were killed.[142][143]
December 13 - Irgun bombings: 3 Arabs killed and 22 wounded (3 critically) by bombs thrown from taxi at Jerusalem's Damascus Gate, the casualties included children. A bomb thrown from a car into a Jaffa cafe killed 6 Arab adults (including an 11-year old) and injured 40 others (three were under 12). 24 armed Jewish men dressed as soldiers attacked the village of Yehudiya near Petah Tikva shooting guns and blowing up houses, 7 Arabs were killed (two women and two children, 3 and 4 years old among them) and 7 others seriously wounded (two women and girl of 4 among them).[138][140]
December 14 - 14 Jews were killed and 9 injured along with 2 British soldiers when troops from the Trans-Jordan Army fired on a bus convoy near Beth Nabala. The Jordanian troops were said to be responding to a grenade attack from the convoy. An 18 month old Arab toddler was killed and a man wounded by a grenade thrown at an Arab bus in Jerusalem. A Jeiwsh policeman was killed near Beersheba[144]
December 16 - 2 Jews and one Arab killed near Beersheba. Three Arabs killed near Gaza (reportedly by Arab assailants).[145]
December 18 - Haganah attack on [Al-Khisas]: 10 Arabs including five young children were killed when two cars of gunmen drove through the village firing guns and blew up two houses. The raid was ordered by Haganah as a reprisal attack for the killing of two Jewish settlement policemen.[138]
December 24 - 4 Arabs and 2 Jews killed, 26 wounded in shootings on streets and buses in Haifa.[146]
December 25 – Lehi members machine-gunned two British soldiers in a Tel Aviv cafe.[94]
December 29 – Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs wounded when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi at Jerusalem's Damascus Gate.[147]
1948[edit]
February 12 – A British soldier was killed by a sniper in Haifa.[148]
February 19 – Two British soldiers were killed.[148]
February 23 – Two British policemen were killed.[148]
February 29 – As part of the Cairo-Haifa train bombings, Lehi fighters mined a train that included coaches used by British troops north of Rehovot, killing 28 British soldiers and wounding 35.[149]
March 3 – A British soldier was killed by a Jewish sniper.[148]
March 29 – A British soldier was killed by a vehicle mine in Jerusalem.[148]
April 6 – Irgun fighters led by Ya'akov Meridor raided the British Army camp at Pardes Hanna, killing seven British soldiers.[150]
April 20 – Jewish snipers attacked British soldiers and policemen throughout Haifa, wounding two policemen and a soldier. British forces returned fire and killed five snipers.[151]
May 3 – A Lehi book bomb posted to the parental home of British Major Roy Farran was opened by his brother Rex, killing him.[121]

mossyman

If you don't fight you don't win.

Would their be a Jewish state today without all this?
I am aware the State of Israel owes its existence to terrorist organizations like Lehi and Irgun. I am also aware of the hypocrisy of the Israeli shills when they condemn Hamas terrorism but refuse to acknowledge this fact.

Still I don't support terrorism as a rule. That is the deliberate targeting of civilians. Not all Hamas activity is terrorist, but the portion that is I condemn.

PBP voter

We also opposed many of the interventions by the US and others that have made a mess of the region.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies