• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Netanyahu making peace impossible?

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Its sad news today. Netanyahu, Israeli PM, has said the settlements in the Westbank are to be allowed to expand, to accomodate "natural growth", his words.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Netanyahu says settlements can expand

This is not only a clear slap in the face for Fatah, who control the Westbank, but more suprisingly, Barak Obama, who dicussed the issue with Netanyahu only a few days ago.

The new Whitehouse has already given their support to the Westbank government and promised to play their part in getting the road map back on track. But Netanyahu it seems is determined not to engage in the roadmap or any workable peace process.

How is the US administration to repsond to this? Especially if US citizens and soldiers are put in harms way due to Netanyahus self serving political agenda?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
It underlines that Israel is a colonial-power and an Aparteid state, against which UN sanctions should be imposed. But don't expect them to be, given the Zionist control of American policy in the Middle East, and therefore over the US veto at the UNSC. The Zionist influence over German foreign policy (based on bending to Israel's every demand to prove it's no longer anti-semitic), will also stymie any chance of EU sanctions. The expansion of the Zionist Reich will continue for the time being. In that context, a consumer-boycott is the best we can do to express our disapproval.

Reactions: Kf

Kf

Perhaps Obama's discussions included a "as is" message. Hence the horrible racist leader of the most racist 'democracy' in the world can feel confident in stating that the colonial takeover of the west bank can continue.

Green eyed monster

'Peace' was fully possible during the era of Apartheid in South Africa, all the blacks had to do was accept their status, take whatever meagre opportunities are open to them (shining shoes, cleaning toilets etc) and not cause violence... peace can exist in such a way... which is why the goal in the Middle East must not just be expressed as merely a search for 'peace', it must be defined as a quest for justice and equality too.

I have no doubt that the 'peace' spoken about by Netanyahu or H Clinton is of the apartheid South African kind, with no justice, no equality and the settlements are just one of the most egregious proofs that i am right.

Waterboarded

'Peace' was fully possible during the era of Apartheid in South Africa, all the blacks had to do was accept their status, take whatever meagre opportunities are open to them (shining shoes, cleaning toilets etc) and not cause violence... peace can exist in such a way... which is why the goal in the Middle East must not just be expressed as merely a search for 'peace', it must be defined as a quest for justice and equality too.

I have no doubt that the 'peace' spoken about by Netanyahu or H Clinton is of the apartheid South African kind, with no justice, no equality and the settlements are just one of the most egregious proofs that i am right.
The Ziontologists are a bit late arriving on this thread.

Trampas

Its sad news today. Netanyahu, Israeli PM, has said the settlements in the Westbank are to be allowed to expand, to accomodate "natural growth", his words.

The term used was "natural growth" within the boundaries of existing settlements. The word "expansion" suggests something else entirely.

L'Chaim

It underlines that Israel is a colonial-power and an Aparteid state, against which UN sanctions should be imposed. But don't expect them to be, given the Zionist control of American policy in the Middle East, and therefore over the US veto at the UNSC. The Zionist influence over German foreign policy (based on bending to Israel's every demand to prove it's no longer anti-semitic), will also stymie any chance of EU sanctions. The expansion of the Zionist Reich will continue for the time being. In that context, a consumer-boycott is the best we can do to express our disapproval.
Apartheid state my h*le!. Apartheid is rampant in the middle east alright insofar as Jews aren't allowed to worship at the temple mount in case it offends Muslim sensibilities. Jews aren't allowed live in Ramallah, Jenin, Jerico etc. Arabs made a law that if an Arab sells land to a Jew he can be executed. Dreadful apartheid! No Jewish building in Jordan, no Jewish marriages in Lybia, no Jews allowed practice their religion in Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon etc. Egypt is planning to revoke citizenship for Egyptians married to Israelis. Now that's all apartheid.

I'll tell you what apartheid is. It's the misogynistic, anti-gay, anti-Christian, anti-Jew culture that's rampant all over the Arab world. The Arab/Muslim brethren are the true purveyors of apartheid throughout the world.

fergalr

Obama should start linking military aid to progress in the peace process. That might focus minds even more in Israel and Egypt.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
The term used was "natural growth" within the boundaries of existing settlements. The word "expansion" suggests something else entirely.
I do not think there is such a great differance. The boundries of the settlements expand to accomodate the growth from within the settlement. Hence, more land is used by the settlement. There is also the issue of more agricultural land being needed to support that larger and growing settlement. So it is, by definition, expanding settlements. An influx of new settlers from outside the Westbank cannot be viewed as the only way a Settlement expands. Netanyahu is parsing phrases to cover over the fact more Palistinian land is being utilised by Settlers.

lapsedmethodist

Apartheid state my h*le!. Apartheid is rampant in the middle east alright insofar as Jews aren't allowed to worship at the temple mount in case it offends Muslim sensibilities. Jews aren't allowed live in Ramallah, Jenin, Jerico etc. Arabs made a law that if an Arab sells land to a Jew he can be executed. Dreadful apartheid! No Jewish building in Jordan, no Jewish marriages in Lybia, no Jews allowed practice their religion in Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon etc. Egypt is planning to revoke citizenship for Egyptians married to Israelis. Now that's all apartheid.

I'll tell you what apartheid is. It's the misogynistic, anti-gay, anti-Christian, anti-Jew culture that's rampant all over the Arab world. The Arab/Muslim brethren are the true purveyors of apartheid throughout the world.
How do you account for the fact that Jews in what was, until the end of the first world war,
existed without any pogroms at all ? And how do you account for the fact that resistance to Israel was in its early days led by Christians and not Muslims.
And by account for, I don't mean the re-writing of history by Pipes, Horowitz, Hanson, Bat Y'eor and the rest of Americas loonies.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com

turdsl

Obama better learn fast,Israel will put manners on him very fast if does not toe the line
after all the LDF might go back to murdering children again

eoinod

Netanyahu's return to ruling the roost could not have come at a worse time. If only Tzipi Livni had won... she could have accomplished much with Obama now it is unlikely that they will both preside at the same time...

But Natanyahu's support base and coalition partners are the ultra right Zionists so in light of the recent meeting with Obama I wouldn't take this too seriously, it is possibly just Benhji's playing to the gallery or what not. Still not good though considering how much anger such remarks could incite but Netanyahyu has to back down somewhat for his and Israel's own good and I am sure that he realises this by now.

Darth Brooks

Netanyahoo plays with caravans.

:D Israel makes a big push for peace. After decades of landgrabbing and ethnic cleansing they manage to move two caravans on. ( Although one of them came back later ;)).

Leitrim County Council has a better record of removing illegal caravans than the Post Zionists jokers in the Knesset. Is anybody buying any of this stale Neocolonialist sh'te ? I presume we can only agree with the report when it says there were no unusual incidents. Same old !

PM: We won?t freeze life in settlements - Israel News, Ynetnews

On Monday, Civil Administration officials destroyed two improvised caravans at the Nahalat Yosef agricultural farm, located about 3 kilometers (1.8 miles) from the settlement of Elon Moreh. Another caravan was relocated into the settlement. There were no reports of unusual incidents.

former wesleyan

Still true six years later,He had no interest in any peace process,or a two state solution.
He lied to the world,and now he has a big problem,everyone believes him on his comments about the two state solution.
Are you and Parkes a tag team ? He digs up ancient threads too.

Adrian.Parkes

Are you and Parkes a tag team ? He digs up ancient threads too.
Well I got the idea from our resident Moldovan Yanshuf... but the History is fascinating... especially when you realize this Ancient Biblical land of Israel was a myth... and that the Jews actually came from Mesopotamia.. iRAQ!

So much for the right of return! Maybe I can use that BS line to go to Africa and push someone out of their house... it is much warmer there in winter! lol

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies