new divorce referendum 2017?

Accidental sock

Wouldnt be fair on women when the biological clock is not in their favour
No need to get married to have rug-rats.

If the choose to......quickie-marriage (which it would be anyway) with the safety net of a quickie divorce if needed.

Calvin J. Hamilton

No need to get married to have rug-rats.

If the choose to......quickie-marriage (which it would be anyway) with the safety net of a quickie divorce if needed.
Hay if men got equality in parental rights, that could be brilliant, so you could have legitimate kids without having to put up with HER and paying for her

Accidental sock

Hay if men got equality in parental rights, that could be brilliant, so you could have legitimate kids without having to put up with HER and paying for her
...or her having to put up with HIM and paying for him.

Harmonica

where are you getting that number from? there is no way that near covers separations or other breakdowns.
Why does Ireland have the lowest divorce rate in the EU? - Independent.ie

According to the most recent Central Statistics Office figures - released earlier this year, but pertaining to 2013 - the crude divorce rate here is 0.6 out of 1,000. That compares with 2 per 1,000 for the UK.
Separations & breakdowns are irrelevant for this discussion as they happened even when there was no divorce.

This is just another example of the culture of death that permeates all aspects of Irish society now.
We used to be a great country now its a liberal sh1thole
The rot started with divorce in 1995, slippery slope to fag marriage then wholesale infant slaughter.
Sick and disgusting
Yeah, we need to get back to the glory years where the church had uncontrolled power & f***ked kids.

Pabilito

Josepha Madigan, she who unseated shatter in the recent election, has brought a private members bill seeking to cut the waiting time for a divorce from 4 years to 2. it's a long overdue revisiting of the divorce laws in this country given that we have a 2 stage, in most cases, process; most couples apply for a judicial separation after 1 year to seek the reliefs and then apply for a divorce when the 4 years is up.

this generally creates a lot of stress, legal fees and rancour. the bill would reduce a lot of this with the added bonuses of freeing up court time, reducing stress and rancour and also reducing the waiting times for legal aid and also free up badly needed legal aid monies. so its a win win all around.

the interesting question is why this isn't a government proposal rather than a private members bill. I see the journal is trying to spin it that enda is very much for this but if he is why isn't it a govt bill ?

There’s no such thing as “no fault divorce”.. it’s always someone’s fault as in one who walked away from the marriage or one who didn’t make the effort..

This “No Fault” thing is fanciful.

D

Deleted member 34656

Josepha is an excellent family lawyer and of the first, and still among the few, to genuinely embrace the use of mediation in separations and divorces.

As for your No vote, what gives you the right to dictate to those who marriages have broken down and condemn them, and possibly their children, to additional years of hell?

Nobody is forcing you to divorce, oh I forget you have "fiance", perhaps we should seek to introduce legislation to ban cohabiting and force people currently doing so to get married.
Separation and divorce have nothing to do with family.

I heard her interviewed on pat Kenny and was not impressed. He asked her a question about maintenance being reduced for first family children because daddy claims cost of second children reduces his available income. She responded that maintenance can always go down. :roll: she didn't seem too bright.

Her point is that the faster people can get on with having more children they can't cope with or afford, the better it is for the lawyers. Constantly renegotiating maintenance in court? Hell yes!

gleeful

Marriage and divorce shouldn't even be in the constitution. We'd save ourselves a lot of money on referenda if these things were governed by ordinary law.

Dame_Enda

It seems to me that celebrities are giving bad example with their Britney style quickie divorces. I'm not remotely religious but marriage should be carefully thought through. If you can't be faithful ask for an.open marriage.

ShoutingIsLeadership

High rates of child poverty as a result of relationship or marital breakdown. Also children been raised in broken homes are statistically likely to underachieve academically, have behavioural problems or in extreme circumstances more likely to be involved in crime.

Also more social welfare payments as a result of high divorce rates.
You think that restricting divorce will fix broken homes?

ShoutingIsLeadership

High divorce rates are a sign of family breakdown and inability to commit to lifelong marriage.

Most normal people see these things as a problem and socially undesireable.

Divorce is a symptom of the problem. How does it cause those problems?

You'd prefer to lock people's problems behind closed doors and pretend that somehow Ireland is different or morally superior? Just like abortion?

devoutcapitalist

Josepha is an excellent family lawyer and of the first, and still among the few, to genuinely embrace the use of mediation in separations and divorces.

As for your No vote, what gives you the right to dictate to those who marriages have broken down and condemn them, and possibly their children, to additional years of hell?

Nobody is forcing you to divorce, oh I forget you have "fiance", perhaps we should seek to introduce legislation to ban cohabiting and force people currently doing so to get married.
I'm married now thanks. As for divorce a lot of couples take the easy way out instead of putting the necessary effort in to save their marriages at the first sign of marriages.

Of course there are many irreconcilable marriages for a number of reasons eg adultery, domestic violence, deserted wives or husbands but one can't dispute that many couples take the easy way out.

VHF

This is just another example of the culture of death that permeates all aspects of Irish society now.
The rot started with divorce in 1995, slippery slope to fag marriage then wholesale infant slaughter.
Sick and disgusting
Oh my bloody god, any wonder Ireland remains at least a decade behind other's. I have to say it, whist I hold freedom of speech and expression as high, I find your tone quite disturbing on several levels. Genuinely shocked by that post - very Alabama-esk. We'll be rounding up a mob yet. Seriously though, have a bit of common sense and taste when posting and try leave emotion's at the door.

storybud1

Surely gays trapped in an unhappy same sex marriage would be pleased?

I'll get my hat..
No need to worry about Panti and his marriage ?? (funny that, is he not married ? ) he would have a prenup anyway if allowed and just continue on self promoting his pubs, books, movies, etc, with the gay media,

Was he in the papers this week over a nothing story ? funnily enough he was ? no surprise with our scum media,

When people paid attention to a drag queen with hundreds of lovers as a moral compass about marriage, then you know it's time to stop buying Irish media, utter trash.

FunkyBoogaloo

Sick and disgusting
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best laugh I've had on here in ages.

You're a troll, right?

gerhard dengler

ManUnited

Separation and breakdown is marriage failure. So too divorce.

The rate of marriage failure is far higher than 0.6 per 1,000.

As a society we need to look at the reasons why marriages are failing.
Or you could just mind your own business.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Societies business is everyones business, fookwit.
Actually it isn't. It is entirely possible to be passive in one's interest in society and not cause any problems for society at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom