new divorce referendum 2017?

runwiththewind

So does the other party, presumably.

What's the other party called...
Respondent. And they don't have to turn up unless they are defending the proceedings.

Cato

No. you just have to be living apart for four years.

EDIT: And living apart can mean living in the same house and sharing the same bed but not being intimate
I'm assuming here that 'intimate' means being 'sexually intimate', which would seem to imply that some form of sexual activity is a necessary part of marriage. Is that so?

runwiththewind

No, but I'm divorced now..
A judge cannot deal with an application that's not before him. You were not granted a divorce unless divorce proceedings were also brought before the court the same day.

runwiththewind

I'm assuming here that 'intimate' means being 'sexually intimate', which would seem to imply that some form of sexual activity is a necessary part of marriage. Is that so?
What's called normal marital relations. That doesn't necessarily have to include sex.

It could include normal family life, ie, eating together, holidaying together etc.

Cato

What's called normal marital relations. That doesn't necessarily have to include sex.

It could include normal family life, ie, eating together, holidaying together etc.
Thanks for clarification.

DeBanksofDeLee

why not just 1 year wait like the north? the Quakery hocus pocus brigade never like the Norths example of divorce because it just goes to show in 1 section of this island no fault divorce doesn't lead to Beverly hills divorce rate. face facts divorce is a civil right, leave adults private live alone.

RoscommonFF

I look forward to your contributions with great interest. I hope that when you get thread starting rights, you expand on this so as to fully explain the decline and fall of the nation from the glorious 1950s to today.

Agog, I am, in anticipation.
It may come as a surprise to you but Christian morality still exists in this country. Damn right there has been a decline. What's your solution? Weaken us even further? No wonder IS are winning.

RoscommonFF

Oh my bloody god, any wonder Ireland remains at least a decade behind other's. I have to say it, whist I hold freedom of speech and expression as high, I find your tone quite disturbing on several levels. Genuinely shocked by that post - very Alabama-esk. We'll be rounding up a mob yet. Seriously though, have a bit of common sense and taste when posting and try leave emotion's at the door.
"Alabama - esque" is how it should be phrased.
I am a teacher so I know my basic grammar.
If you're disturbed you should take a look in the mirror. I on the other hand sleep peacefully with a clear conscience.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom