• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

New Dublin Lord Mayor.

codology

Gerry Breen of FG is the new Lord Mayor of Dublin City,his deputy is Edie Wynn also of FG.

Lord Muck Savage

Lord Mayor in a 'Republic'?
What a strange 'Republic' we live in.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane

Lord Muck Savage

How can ardent republicans refer to themselves as Lord Mayor, or Lord anything for that matter in a supposed Republic?

beagan

The wonders of technology.

Newly elected Lord Mayor of Dublin announces that he is going to open the Mansion House every Wednesday between 8am-10am when himself and/or Deputy Lord Mayor Edie Wynne will be available to speak to the public.

As the applause dies down one Councillor says to another (except we all hear it just before the webcast finishes) "I like the times he's opening the Mansion House. None of the cranks will be up before 10 o'clock."

cain1798

Joan Collins goes SF rather than indo!
I don't think it's so much a pro-Sinn Féin vote as it is that she wasn't going to vote for anyone who backed bin charges and the estimates. Christy did, so she wasn't going to vote for him. Ní Dhálaigh voted against the Estimates so Joan backed her.

Interesting that the radicals in eirigí backed Christy for Mayor.

codology

Strange alright that one PBP and one eirigí councillor would vote for a mayor who fully supported the coucil estimates they claim to oppose.Well done to Cllr Collins who at least stuck to her principals.

The Salmon of Knowledge

Sinn Feiners commending people for sticking to principles, now that is a load of codology!

Perhaps the radicals in éirígí backed burke as he stood on a radical platform, namly if he was successful he would hand back the mayor's €70,000 expenses, so the money could be used to save 3 swimming pools in working class areas.

Smith, perry and minihan have all been on protests to save the swimming pools i would say thats why they backed him.

do sinn fein not support the saving of these swimming pools?

are they happy with these anti working class cutbacks in the 26, as the do the same in the occupied 6?

brughahaha

New Dublin mayor elected - The Irish Times - Mon, Jun 28, 2010

Oh this stuff is priceless , no wonder we're screwed!!!

He's going to turn Parnell St East into chinatown ..... hes 4 years too late ...its already happened .....maybe he's just hoping to take credit for it

He's also all about job creation....how in Gods name can a lord mayor cllr create jobs

Jesus these people are so far up themselves its amazing they can stand up!!!!!

cain1798

Perhaps the radicals in éirígí backed burke as he stood on a radical platform,
Judging by the responses I got from éirigí members whom I couldn't wait to text last night when I saw this, and who remember Christy from when they were in Sinn Féin, I think it's fair to say that's not the case.

They also hadn't known that she was going to vote that way so it's completely possible Minihan did it off her own bat. Certainly the two members I was talking to, both long standing and both Dublin based, hadn't known about it.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
I don't think it's so much a pro-Sinn Féin vote as it is that she wasn't going to vote for anyone who backed bin charges and the estimates. Christy did, so she wasn't going to vote for him. Ní Dhálaigh voted against the Estimates so Joan backed her.

Interesting that the radicals in eirigí backed Christy for Mayor.
but it shows the growing isolation of SF on the council that the indos got 8/9 votes to SF 4/3 for the Mayoralty and deputy gigs.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies