New 'Election/Clinic' Posters appearing today - 10th Feb 2017!

Gibby

I mentioned this earlier after another pie.ster noted election style posters have appeared near them recently.

Today driving home after work, I noticed Pat Deerings smirking face leering down at me from two different election-style posters on the back roads just outside Carlow town.

Of course they both say in small text that it's just an ad for his 'clinic'. :roll:

I'll have a proper look at them tomorrow and to see if they have a sticker covering any important details such as "vote no.1".

Anybody else see election-style posters up around your areas?

ger12

Yes, about a month ago.

Seems that the jitters have been there awhile.

shiel

Lets get the Celtic Tiger government back again.

Lets get the Irish media licking their arses as before.

It is a pity that all that was discontinued when they bankrupt the country.

Northsideman

Finian mcGrath used to be at this prior to attaining his lofty office, haven't seen any lately but who knows, there's a whiff of uncertainty out there right now (events) which could shatter this government so what out.

Neilob

What amazes me is that the Garda Commissioner has survived the week so far. In many respects the pattern is following the crisis that cut Callinan down to size - he managed to get off with the 'disgusting' comments for a couple of weeks while the media concentrated on Shatter. The same process is in train here - media have been distracted by the political storm.

As to how it has come to this in Leinster House is just astonishing. The performance of the Taoiseach has been utterly shambolic, but this is a side story as far as I am concerned. The issue is that it is utterly ridiculous that the Commissioner stays in place when there is a crisis engulfing the force - it's laughable at this stage.

If anything the Commissioner should resign immediately and an independent visitation board of the Gardaí be established to immediately to investigate the corporate governance of the force and make recommendations for significant change. This is an entirely separate thing to the Tribunal of Inquiry. A Board of Visitors can make changes to culture and corporate governance immediately. Tomorrow if necessary. However Kenny and Fine Gael will be very loathe to admit they seriously screwed up in not opening the post to international competition after Callinane and what they are reaping now is thoroughly deserved. If I recall, the Taoiseach took personal management of the crisis with Callinane and Shatter and it is exceptionally doubtful that he was not aware of the rape allegations against Sg.t McCabe - it's just not credible for either him of the Minister for Justice to say they only heard of it in the Prime Time programme.

I see McDowell is on the case - the wagons are circling and the latest travesty reported in the Examiner during the week, involving Keith Harrisson is gathering traction, as it inevitably was. The Commissioner, for the good of An Garda Siochana, has to go.

fergal1790

I mentioned this earlier after another pie.ster noted election style posters have appeared near them recently.

Today driving home after work, I noticed Pat Deerings smirking face leering down at me from two different election-style posters on the back roads just outside Carlow town.

Of course they both say in small text that it's just an ad for his 'clinic'. :roll:

I'll have a proper look at them tomorrow and to see if they have a sticker covering any important details such as "vote no.1".

I thought it had to be for a public meeting to make the posters legal? advertising his own clinic would require planning permission afaik.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

posters for public meetings ok but clinics?

Eoin Coir

Deering is a good looking chap, sort of long horse face ?

an modh coinniolach

Facebook ads earlier this week.

We mightn't be under starter's orders but were certainly in the warm up.

PeaceGoalie

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies