New Evidence about Raonaid Murray

darkhorse

Firstly, I have great sympathy for the family of Raonaid who was so brutally murdered 10 years ago, and I hope this post does not cause any offence to them.
But I do wonder about the 'new evidence' that has been announced today by the gardai. I seem to recall these same reports of sightings of individuals who were seen in the area around the time of the murder - some years ago.
And todays new evidence coincides with the lauch of a book on Raonaid's muder which is being given out free with the Sunday World, I have to suspect that there is a connection.
We all know how Paul Williams of the Sunday World gets the inside story from the gardai all the time and how he returns the favour by defending the Garda cause at various times. And nothing wrong with that - that how journalism works with politicians and any other sources.
But I have to suspect that there is no new evidence at all and that there is some connection with the lauch of the book / Sunday World story.
Is there any new evidence or are the Gardai simply helping boost Sunday World / book sales and returning the favour to PW and co.?

Note: Scissors sisters victim, Swaleh Noor, admitted seperately to various people that he murdered Raonaid. He was also known to have been swimming at Sandycove beach that very day with those sisters. He is also known to have stayed behind when they headed home in the evening - saying that he wanted to rape someone. He came back late to their flat and was bloodstained by some accounts. He seems like a very very likely culprit. The Gardai dont deny these facts but say there is no proof.

Last edited:

Elvis Parsley

Firstly, I have great sympathy for the family of Raonaid who was so brutally murdered 10 years ago.
But I do wonder about the 'new evidence' that has been announced today by the gardai. I seem to recall these same reports of sightings of individuals who were seen in the area around the time of the murder - some years ago.
And todays new evidence coincides with the lauch of a book on Raonaid's muder which is being given out free with the Sunday World, I have to suspect that there is a connection.
We all know how Paul Williams of the Sunday World gets the inside story from the gardai all the time and how he returns the favour by defending the Garda cause at various times. And nothing wrong with that - that how journalism works with politicians and any other sources.
But I have to suspect that there is no new evidence at all and that there is some connection with the lauch of the book / Sunday World story.
Is there any new evidence or are the Gardai simply helping boost Sunday World / book sales and returning the favour to PW and co.?

Note: Scissors sisters victim, Swaleh Noor, admitted seperately to various people that he murdered Raonaid. He was also known to have been swimming at Sandycove beach that very day with those sisters. He is also known to have stayed behind when they headed home in the evening. He came back late to their flat and was bloodstained by some accounts. He seems like a very very likely culprit. The Gardai dont deny these facts but say there is no proof.
Not to be flippant and in no ways any disrespect to the Murray family but surely there must be DNA from his body parts and her body that can confirm
or refute this.

darkhorse

Not to be flippant and in no ways any disrespect to the Murray family but surely there must be DNA from his body parts and her body that can confirm
or refute this.
No there was no sexual assault or any dna evidence from anyone

Elvis Parsley

No there was no sexual assault or any dna evidence from anyone
I'm aware that a sexual assault did not take place, but I find it hard to believe that there was no foreign DNA on Raonaid's body, i.e. under the fingernails, or did the gardai not do their job at the time.

SilverSpurs

Firstly, I have great sympathy for the family of Raonaid who was so brutally murdered 10 years ago, and I hope this post does not cause any offence to them.

Note: Scissors sisters victim, Swaleh Noor, admitted seperately to various people that he murdered Raonaid. He was also known to have been swimming at Sandycove beach that very day with those sisters. He is also known to have stayed behind when they headed home in the evening - saying that he wanted to rape someone. He came back late to their flat and was bloodstained by some accounts. He seems like a very very likely culprit. The Gardai dont deny these facts but say there is no proof.
Time to revive this thread as the latest appeal for information has been issued on the 15th anniversary. While I would desperately like to see the scumbag caught realistically unless they spontaneously 'fess up the case will not be solved. Too much time has passed, forensics will be useless and it would be plausible to say you couldn't remember where you were that night.

It’s fifteen years since Raonaid Murray was murdered, gardaí issue fresh appeal

kerdasi amaq

Isn't that hearsay, and so, not admissible as evidence? The suspect cannot be questioned and so it's pointless attempting a prosecution. A nightmare case.

Then, there is also the politically correct bubble mentality which wants to believe that Africans are innocent of any crime, even if convicted. So, there is a motive for the TPTB to cover up the action of dead man, if they can. Don't scare the sheeple.

freewillie

From today's news, it seems that the Gardai have definitively dismissed the idea that she was killed by Swaleh Noor.
Have they ruled out Captain Cooke?

Johnny Zordan

Its funny how Raonaids family never do any media interviews appealing for new infomation. Her brother should go on the late late show

Levellers

Strange how the family have never campaigned for justice unlike other murder victims.

wombat

Strange how the family have never campaigned for justice unlike other murder victims.
They have never really recovered from the girl's death, its a very sad case.

eoghanacht

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies