• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

New Flag for Northern Ireland

freedomlover

My own suggestion would be for a plain white flag with a red hand in the middle. The unionists would be very happy with this as the red hand is also one their emblems. As a Tyrone GAA supporter, this is also by a happy coincidence the Tyrone GAA flag, so GAA supporters in Tyrone would also be very positive about it. The only people I could see objecting would be supporters of Armagh, Down, Derry, Antrim and Fermanagh. Buy, hey, who cares about them?

johnfás

jerryp said:
Keith-M said:
My proposal;

That looks like something I had on a Parka jacket years ago !
Looks like something from the Dutch Presbyterian Church of Ireland :D

Holland

Ireland

Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Champa

LowIQ

Ard-Taoiseach

How about a neutral white background to a photo of Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams snogging the dentures out of each other?

Ard-Taoiseach

The Trinity Politick said:
[quote="Keith-M":2eztpusb]My proposal;

How completely unoriginal[/quote:2eztpusb]

I'm not too sure, the floral arrangement saves it from complete unoriginality.

beardyboy

well I have come up with a haggis and glens of antrim spuds with shamrock garnish as a symbol

Ard-Taoiseach

beardyboy said:
well I have come up with a haggis and glens of antrim spuds with shamrock garnish as a symbol
Instead of that, how about that becomes the new Ulster dish? Like bacon and cabbage for the ROI and fish and chips/tikka masala for GB?

The Trinity Politick

Ard-Taoiseach said:
[quote="The Trinity Politick":1luyan7q][quote="Keith-M":1luyan7q]My proposal;

How completely unoriginal[/quote:1luyan7q]

I'm not too sure, the floral arrangement saves it from complete unoriginality.[/quote:1luyan7q]

Its been posted again and again and again. In fact every time someone starts a 'flag for a UI/NI' thread, someone posts that flag.

Pointless thread

Ard-Taoiseach

The Trinity Politick said:
[quote="Ard-Taoiseach":2s6ie3wf][quote="The Trinity Politick":2s6ie3wf][quote="Keith-M":2s6ie3wf]My proposal;

How completely unoriginal[/quote:2s6ie3wf]

I'm not too sure, the floral arrangement saves it from complete unoriginality.[/quote:2s6ie3wf]

Its been posted again and again and again. In fact every time someone starts a 'flag for a UI/NI' thread, someone posts that flag.

Pointless thread[/quote:2s6ie3wf]

Really? I can't say I recall the last time I saw that attempt at a new flag for Ireland/part of Ireland.

CookieMonster

Ard-Taoiseach said:
How about a neutral white background to a photo of Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams snogging the dentures out of each other?
You sick puppy.

Champa

Ard-Taoiseach said: