• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

New History of The Communist Party of Ireland 1921-2011 - Volume I 1921-1969

Ramon Mercadar

New history of the irish Communist Party
The Communist Party of Ireland 1921 – 2011
Volume I: 1921 – 1969 (Brocaire Books)
by Dr. Matt Treacy
Author of The IRA 1956-1969, Rethinking the Republic

Launched by
Paddy Prendiville - Editor The Phoenix

Book Launch Tuesday 4 December @ 8.00pm - The Flowing Tide Lower Abbey Street

Matt Tracey's previous book, The IRA 1956-1969 - Rethinking the Republic

https://www.facebook.com/BrocaireBooks

Ramon Mercadar

An interesting comment on Indymedia, will Seanie Lemass be there?

Tumbles
by Eamon Hayes Fri Nov 30, 2012 22:01 hayesedwardo at yahoo dot com
I hope this leads to a serious discussion about the role of Marxism in Irish political movements. Unfortunately a lot of the discussion on other forums was dominated by the author throwing the terms 'Stalinist' and 'Gulags' around a lot. He also managed to insult a whole range of people via Facebook and has done himself no favours.
Will the famous Seanie Lemass of Politics.ie be invited? Or Phelan from politicalworld, or even Tumbles from Cedar lounge revolution? The launch could do with their input.
https://www.indymedia.ie/article/102794?comment_limit=0&condense_comments=false#comment293526

Niall996

I was stuck for ideas on what to buy the mother in law for Christmas.

onlyasking

An interesting comment on Indymedia, will Seanie Lemass be there?
Communists in a country like Ireland, now there's a fairly brave cohort.

My father, though an ISME type businessman, had sympathies with some communist movements, mainly on the grounds of their part in anti-colonialist movements in Africa and South America. An uncle, from a completely different family and background, suffered quite seriously in his community through being a communist.

Neither of them in their own way had much time for the clergy, though my father knew a couple of priests who were very sympathetic to Liberation Theology. Definitely not your average deferential Irishmen.

Ramon Mercadar

Any excitement at the launch? Missed it.