"New" IRA admits that it killed journalist in Londonderry

Hillmanhunter1

Your opposition to political violence is conditional and politically motivated? Are you confident that you haven't been blindsided by a few glaring oversights by any of the intellectual giants of Irish Media? Where is the logic in being opposed to political violence"
It is not that I am opposed to political violence per se - there is no political violence in Northern Ireland in 2019 - just murderous, criminal thuggery.

The rioting in the Creggan, the murder of Lyra McKee, the bank robberies, the shakedowns of drug dealers - none of this is done to create a New Ireland. It is done for personal profit and the maintenance of mafia control within communities.

Hillmanhunter1

You have called for posters you disagree with to be banned, and suggested that you have drawn up a list here:

After you wrongly accused people, including me, of being apologists for murder, as you done here:

That may or may not be the case, but anyone could make a similar claim about anyone opposed to the GFA, when it happened, 21 years ago, up to and including the largest unionist party, the DUP.

My opposition to political violence isn't conditional on support or opposition to any referendum. The GFA was signed more than 20 years ago, and what separates me and the overwhelming majority of people from you and your fellow travelers, is that we're not looking for brownie points for living ordinary, mundane and peaceful lives, whereas the difference with the thuggery you endorse, and the thuggery of your opponents, is quantitative, and that's the reason you come across as an out-and-out scumbag, while trying to occupy the higher moral ground.
I have called for posters to be banned, that's not incompatible with believing in free speech - some posters have crossed the line into incitement to hatred, others engage in nothing more than childish trolling, and in both of those circumstances they should be banned - I imagine you may in fact agree?

As for being an apologist for murder, if you are willing to describe the killers of Lyra McKee as criminals and to call upon anyone with information about the killers to go to the authorities then I unreservedly withdraw that.

As for the DUP, yes they opposed the GFA, but they accepted the result of the referendum and operated the framework it created. That is very different to Saoradh/New IRA - you are drawing a false equivalence.

I have read your final paragraph 3 times and I have no idea what you are saying.

Hillmanhunter1

I can't see any contradiction in being opposed to the killers of Nelson and the killing of McKee, and I would contact a solicitor if I was unfortunate enough to have strayed upon such a scene.
Those are the weasel words of an apologist, and I will not let you squirm away.

You refused to describe the murderers of Lyra McKee as criminals, and you failed to say that anyone with information should go to the authorities.

All the rest is just blather!

Hillmanhunter1

Nope. I told you what I would do if I found myself in the unfortunate situation of being an eyewitness. I never suggested what anyone else should do. I don't see the contradiction in upholding the law, being a law abiding citizen, 'believing in the rule of law' to paraphrase Rosemary Nelson, and at the same time, being opposed to the thuggery which led to the death of Rooney, Nelson and McKee, regardless of how people voted in a referendum more than 20 years ago. It's really not that complicated, but if you want to pretend there's a world of difference between 'criminal' and 'thuggery', knock yourself out!
Bollox, bollox, bollox.

Stop with the undergraduate sophistry. I asked you twice if you would describe the murderers of Lyra McKee as criminals, and if you would say that anyone with information should go to the authorities.

You have demurred.

There is only one cohort unable to say these words, those who sympathise with her murderers.

Hillmanhunter1

This is Mandy Duffy. Mandy is the Vice-Chairperson of Saoradh:

Mandy is a sister-in-law of Colin Duffy, a prominent figure in criminal "republican" circles.

Hillmanhunter1

Hillmanhunter1

Now go troll elsewhere with your bigoted nonsense.
Do you support Saoradh?

Yes or no?

No weasel words, or smart-alickery, or trolling other contributors.

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Can't find that one in the media but came across the one about the unionist councillor who was kicked out of his party for distributing untruthful content about his opponents in leaflets he distributed during the election campaign.
In the great scheme of things, arranging for your brother, who had admitted to him that he was a paedophile, to work with children is far worse than distributing leaflets with untruthful content

Mickeymac

In the great scheme of things, arranging for your brother, who had admitted to him that he was a paedophile, to work with children is far worse than distributing leaflets with untruthful content

Disgusting comments on this Lyra McKee thread, no evidence at all her brother or family had anything to do with any paedophilia.

Should hang your head in shame.

Hillmanhunter1

I came to this thread to praise Lyra....certainly not to demonise her pal.
No, you came on this thread to deflect criticism of the criminals who killed her.

Should hang your head in shame.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom