• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

"New" IRA admits that it killed journalist in Londonderry

Antóin Mac Comháin

Lenny Murphy was an Ulster loyalist gang leader believed responsible for the murders of innocent Catholics..
'Never trust a convert, because they've too much to prove' - Someone, sometime, somewhere..

Due to a lack of evidence to try him for the killings, which his followers had already received long sentences for....
I've watched the interviews of the SB involved. It boggles the mind, so it does..

....Murphy was released in 1982 and returned to the Shankhill Road, where he embarked on a murder spree.
'The Shankill Butchers were responsible for the deaths of at least 23 people. Murphy's family denied he had had a violent nature or was involved with the Butchers: "My Lenny could not have killed a fly", said his mother Joyce. The UVF gave Murphy a paramilitary funeral attended by thousands of loyalists and several unionist politicians. On his gravestone in Carnmoney cemetery were inscribed the words: "Here Lies a Soldier".'

Horrific stuff altogether, even by the standards of the Dirty War.

Robo

Yea, because the Ballymurphy Massacre, Bloody Sunday and the Good Friday Agreement are connected to the killing in what way? Have the group responsible indicated that there's a co-relation between the attack and the absence of the Assembly?
Bad PR in their safe place...

Hillmanhunter1

I think if it was my child or teenager who had witnessed what happened I'd go to a solicitor. How about you?
I'd go to the police, that's what you do when you want to provide information about a crime. Investigating crime, and bringing criminals before a judge is their job.

Now, I've answered your question - why not have a stab answering one for me?

Do you agree that the murderers of Lyra McKee are criminals?

likesfish

76 metre shot at night with a handgun impossible to hit anything you were aiming at short of a block of flats.

Antóin Mac Comháin

Now, I've answered your question - why not have a stab answering one for me?
I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were clueless. I didn't realize it wasn't an act..

I think your attempts to label people are bizarre and childish, particularly posters on an anonymous forum, who most likely weren't at the scene of the accident..

I've seen you draw dots that don't exist and connect people to movements they don't belong to, and I know a budget of £2 million was allocated for 'information', so I hope I haven't done you wrong in the real world..

Antóin Mac Comháin

I asked you twice..
Well, you know what they say about the best definition of insanity..

Ar Éireann Ní Neosainn Cé Hí

Mhairbh tú mé, a bhrídeach, is nárbh fhearrde dhuit,
Is go bhfuil m'anam istigh i ngean ort 's ní inné ná inniu;
D'fhág tú lag anbhfann mé i ngné is i gcruth-
Ná feall orm is mé i ngean ort, a Róisín Dubh.

Tradition has it that a song composed in honour of one of the daughters of Aodh Mór Ó Néill, earl of Tyrone in the late 16th Century, which originated in the camps of Aodh Rua Ó Domhnaill, in the old Creggan area of Tír Eoghain during the rebellion against the English, found its way over the hills, to the ear of a Sassanach supping in a tavern in a local town. Curious, the Sassanach set forth on a journey in search of its origin, where soon he chanced upon an Inn, from where the air had come. To his astonishment, when he opened the door there was no sound of music. Vanished! Kapput! Gone! Retracing his steps he found the air had returned, but again, when he reached the Inn for a second time and opened the door, the music disappeared. However, on the third occasion, when he opened the door, he was greeted by Róisín Dubh, the singing blackbird of the Sídhe of Cnoic na Mara' ó Sliabh Ard Mhaca, and the old wans say that the fairies had a hand in it all..

Last edited:

Antóin Mac Comháin

I'd go to the police, that's what you do when you want to provide information about a crime. Investigating crime, and bringing criminals before a judge is their job.
"The real story of many an apparently sectarian killing in those days may really be of people dying because they saw or heard something they shouldn’t have.."

OK, that's fair enough. I respect you for your views and I wouldn't try to influence your decision in any way, but in return I think you should respect why other people may feel the need to be careful, as we know from the experience with the original crisis of the peace process that the authorities and the paramilitaries you feign to despise, were more often than not, one and the same thing: Lest we Forget Security Forces Created Shankill UDA

Hillmanhunter1

"The real story of many an apparently sectarian killing in those days may really be of people dying because they saw or heard something they shouldn’t have.."

OK, that's fair enough. I respect you for your views and I wouldn't try to influence your decision in any way, but in return I think you should respect why other people may feel the need to be careful, as we know from the experience with the original crisis of the peace process that the authorities and the paramilitaries you feign to despise, were more often than not, one and the same thing: Lest we Forget Security Forces Created Shankill UDA
Translation:

"Yes, I support the criminals who murdered Lyra McKee, don't go to the police because my mates might kill you".

Antóin Mac Comháin

''..I support the criminals who murdered Lyra McKee, don't go to the police because my mates might kill you".
The Stalinist mask finally slips.

The Nationalist organization I consider to be my political soul-mate, has no history of armed struggle, and policing falls outside its remit, but if I felt strongly enough about an issue of that nature, the onus would be on me to seek a mandate to influence the political decision making process, so wrong again..

Hillmanhunter1

The Stalinist mask finally slips.

The Nationalist organization I consider to be my political soul-mate, has no history of armed struggle, and policing falls outside its remit, but if I felt strongly enough about an issue of that nature, the onus would be on me to seek a mandate to influence the political decision making process, so wrong again..
You had plenty of chances to put a space between yourself and those criminals - that you chose not to shows your true colour better than any words.

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Regina Doherty wants an inquest into SF cover up of sex abuse
Paudie McGahon claimed he told a member of SF about the abuse - that SF member says he told McGahon to go to the police - If we are to believe SF, McGahon has come up with a story about a kangaroo court and is lying about everything that happened after he reported the abuse to SF

Think this will harm SF as McGahon does not appear to have any political motive for making his claims.

Peter72

Now that the wee boys got to dress up as G.I. Joe at Easter, can we lock them all up in a wee bog somewhere in South Armagh-istan?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies