New jobs in Co Wicklow. But when?

Barroso

I've just been looking at RTÉ's website, and came across this piece of news:

187 jobs have been announced for Co Wicklow over the next three years.

Carbon Crowley, which offers energy efficiency solutions to large and small businesses and which is located in the Powerscourt House in Enniskerry, said the jobs will be mainly engineering and administrative roles.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar welcomed the expansion of a domestic Irish company and one whose work contributes to environmental sustainability.

Mr Varadkar was joined at the launch by Minister for Health Simon Harris and Junior Minister for Agriculture Andrew Doyle.
While it is nice to think that these jobs will materialise, I think people will be understand if I express my doubts, as it looks more like a photo op for Vlad and two of his local merry men, possibly in the run up to an election.

The article (if I could dignify it with the word) is píss-poor, giving no real details, and no breakdown as to where the jobs will be and no projection as to when the jobs will come on stream.

Maybe this is intentional, as this will give Vlad and his merry men another opportunity to stand before the cameras between now and the election, and promise the jobs all over again.

The piece doesn't even tell us why the politicians are in attendance - have we, the people, funded the expansion in some way, or is it just a feel-good puff piece?

Finally, a tongue in cheek question: will RTÉ do another article in 3 years' time telling us how many of the 187 jobs have actually materialised? Answers on a postcard, please.

Fritzbox

I've just been looking at RTÉ's website, and came across this piece of news:

While it is nice to think that these jobs will materialise, I think people will be understand if I express my doubts, as it looks more like a photo op for Vlad and two of his local merry men, possibly in the run up to an election.

The article (if I could dignify it with the word) is píss-poor, giving no real details, and no breakdown as to where the jobs will be and no projection as to when the jobs will come on stream.

Maybe this is intentional, as this will give Vlad and his merry men another opportunity to stand before the cameras between now and the election, and promise the jobs all over again.

The piece doesn't even tell us why the politicians are in attendance - have we, the people, funded the expansion in some way, or is it just a feel-good puff piece?

Finally, a tongue in cheek question: will RTÉ do another article in 3 years' time telling us how many of the 187 jobs have actually materialised? Answers on a postcard, please.
Why don't you create some jobs in Co. Wicklow?

I think people will be understand if I express my doubts,
Who gives a sh!t about your doubts - who are you, the Skibbereen Eagle?

Popular Threads

Most Replies