New Local Area Boundaries

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Voice of Unreason

Big enough changes in North Fingal. What is the dot in the new Lusk-Rush LEA near the new Balbriggan LEA? Mistake or an enclave?

Lord F.G

Good news for my party, In Dublin Bay North, We will have the excellent Naoise who could top the poll, and we have Gerry Breen back to take a second seat.
We have a huge talent pool , for the other two areas, and we have have Anthony Lavin and the Returning Keith Redmond to wrap up Howth Ward. I havent mentioned our current lars because they were merely a ruse, we needed them to do work the areas, perhaps next election we might give them a chance.

Analyzer

Good news for my party, In Dublin Bay North, We will have the excellent Naoise who could top the poll, and we have Gerry Breen back to take a second seat.
We have a huge talent pool , for the other two areas, and we have have Anthony Lavin and the Returning Keith Redmond to wrap up Howth Ward. I havent mentioned our current lars because they were merely a ruse, we needed them to do work the areas, perhaps next election we might give them a chance.
We ?

What is this "we" business ?

Does "we" include the tax non dom who gets regularly bailed out, by the rest of us ?

Lord F.G

We ?

Does "we" include the tax non dom who gets regularly bailed out, by the rest of us ?
I am a proud member of Fine Gael, i am just setting out our stall, and i will be working hard during this election making sure that both Naoise and Gerry take their two seats in Clontarf, and i hope to see us take two seats in the new artane and donaghmende wards, as for howth we already have two Cllrs

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Back to the good old days of the Gerrymander with these new boundaries.. FG got the fright of their lives at the last local elections when they had minimum six seaters, and saw piles of Shinners and Indo's elected.

So they quickly reverted to type and we're back to 4 and 5 seaters again.

The lower the number of seats, the less proportional representation..

Lord F.G

Back to the good old days of the Gerrymander with these new boundaries.. FG got the fright of their lives at the last local elections when they had minimum six seaters, and saw piles of Shinners and Indo's elected.

So they quickly reverted to type and we're back to 4 and 5 seaters again.

The lower the number of seats, the less proportional representation..
We dont need more shinners or protest parties, FG will romp home.

locke

The seem to have made a complete mess of the new Cork City boundaries. Worst of the lot is that Rochestown has been put in with Mahon/Blackrock, ignoring that there is a river between the two and no connections, apart from through Douglas,, which is in a different LEA. The situation around Blackpool on the Northside doesn't look much better. There could have been an opportunity for a central LEA, which has been missed and the city centre is again carved among several LEAs.

It's also notable that Cork and Dublin have a much higher population per councillor than elsewhere. I thought we were supposed to have done away with that (and considering councillors elect Senators, it's not very representative on a national level).

Round tower

In Mao the Ballina LA will be a dogfight, reduced by 2 CC, it's a basic area of the N. Mayo, from around Ceide Fields to the West, to Attymass on the East, to Mount Falcon to the South, basically it's the parishes of Ballina, Bonnyconlan, Ardagh, Crossmolina, Moyghounagh, Kilfine, Ballycastle, Lacken, Killala, Cooneal and a small part of Knockmore. At the moment u have

FG'S John O Hara, Jarlath Munnelly,
FF's Ann Mae Reape, Michael Loftus
Indp. Gerry Ginty

Clrs Seamus Weir, Neil Cruise and Michael Smith would be outside the LA under this review

Their is talk of ML stepping down so to leave Moore a clear run but that may change if FF can't get someone to stand in the Killala/Lacken/Ballycastle area. The FG debacle in the Crossmolina/Moyghounagh i would expect Lavelle will stand in Cross. and then u have SF who i would expect either Micheal Regan or Una Quin to stand.

fifilawe

bureaucrats creating work for themselves to convince county managers they are doing something.How many times has the border of Poland be redrawn since 1500? well many times due to war and population migrations but it was necessary for peace and stability.
Our counties and districts boundaries are moved at the whim of the governing county managers to suit their own selfish, political wishes, nothing to do with population movement just pure Gombeen parish pump blinkered vision.

Uganda

The other thing of interest is that Dublin as a whole has 186 councillors.

Manchester, on the other hand, has 93................................

hiding behind a poster

We ?

Who or what are you talking about?

hiding behind a poster

where ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise, so said a rather famous bard
If it's so obvious who or what he's talking about, I'm sure he or someone else will explain. Why wouldn't you?

Degeneration X

Big enough changes in North Fingal. What is the dot in the new Lusk-Rush LEA near the new Balbriggan LEA? Mistake or an enclave?
The LEAs were too big up here last time, they needed to be pared down, though Howth-Malahide stayed the same but was reduced to a 7 seater from an 8, which is bogus as it's variance is massively out of whack with the norm now!

Degeneration X

I am a proud member of Fine Gael, i am just setting out our stall, and i will be working hard during this election making sure that both Naoise and Gerry take their two seats in Clontarf, and i hope to see us take two seats in the new artane and donaghmende wards, as for howth we already have two Cllrs
I wouldn't be so sure about Redmond if I were you he barely scrapped over in last place in 2014 when it was an eight seater and now it's a 7. Also FG voters probably won't be too impressed by his party hoping and his non-existent work ethic as a councillor.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Surprised this isnt getting more attention given that it's the next known big election

As for myself, found out I am moving electoral areas again last night.. so another new shower of candidates to chat to at the doors next year

locke

Surprised this isnt getting more attention given that it's the next known big election

As for myself, found out I am moving electoral areas again last night.. so another new shower of candidates to chat to at the doors next year
Try moving Local Authority.

While I'm glad to be moving into Cork City from Cork County, with one exception, the sitting councillors have decided we aren't worth their time as they won't be moving with us. In the meantime, the city councillors who are likely to be standing here next year have realized that they have no sway on the county council and it's not worth the effort.

Popular Threads

Most Replies