New Look RTE Website Launches

Aindriu

Very pretty. Are they going to be less pro Fianna FAIL now as well? :rolleyes:

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
You have to hand it to RTE they do the online stuff very well
I have to disagree. Their site was badly organised, cluttered and difficult to navigate at least up until yesterday. Users suffered far too regular technical problems with streaming (with or without video).

I sincerely hope it's improved. It certainly looks better.

constitutionus

looks better.

but thats about it as things you used to be able to do no longer work. trying to get a full list of the stocks for instance on the business page.

its restricted now to a page by page basis.

still at least now you dont need bloody realplayer to watch stuff. was just watching the footage of the first chilien miner getting out of that mine.

great stuff.

Garland Names the Skies

I have to disagree. Their site was badly organised, cluttered and difficult to navigate at least up until yesterday. Users suffered far too regular technical problems with streaming (with or without video).

I sincerely hope it's improved. It certainly looks better.
Because it got cluttered over time. Whence the redesign. It's previous template was never designed to hold that much content

Iarmhi Gael

With 12% growth internationally on Internet Marketing - RTE would need to get their online act into gear.

Judging by the Ads on the Home page RTE are not getting the companies. They are in fact advertising RTE Property, which I'm sure they are trying to copy UTV's Propertynews which is very successful.

Bloody Hell, seems all they are advertising is RTE Motors, RTE Travel, RTE property. I'm sure the likes of Autotraders & Daft will be looking into RTE's operations when trying to set up new revenue streams.

Super8

Standard off-the-shelf template with a bespoke skin.

Works fine though, clean and easy to navigate.

Anglo Celt

It could have been a lot worse!

Don't like the font and I think the different sections on the homepage could have been a little more distinctive of each other. Some customisation like the BBC website would have been nice. All in all like every report card I ever got in school: not bad but could do much better. :)

polarbear

Correction

Because it got cluttered over time. Whence the redesign. It's previous template was never designed to hold that much content
Not whence, which means 'from where' i.e. 'from whence you came'. It's 'hence' which, broadly speaking, means 'therefore' :). Good point though, it's a major reason for website redesigns.

So anyway

Looks like I'm fairly much alone in preferring the old site, always thought its lay-out was better than, say, the BBC's. Mainly just find the homepage very Sesame Street and block-y.

Dorris

You don't use in house to design your website, when you do, the staff know where everything is and nobody else does, their back log of online programs is very messy, a program should start with the program and not the news for the 8th of August, where if you aint careful, you might find yourself declaring war on a country that already apologised. Missing portions of programs is a dreadful mess, to listen to fifty minutes or so and lose ten is an awful experience. The online schedule never changes , even when programs are cancelled, shortened or whatever.

Complaints are largely ignored or passed in parcels by Pat. The pointing out of factual mistakes is largely ignored, although they did quote a correction that I put on Wikipedia. Apparently Kevin Barry was shot, the excuse for this was that the woman remembering this was very old and it fitted with the program to leave this in, I actually believe that the program maker had no idea that this was untrue, thereby allowing hundreds of thousands of people to be educated in fantasy form, he was hung, against his own wishes, he wanted to be shot as a soldier, rather than hung as a criminal. They seem to want the program to be, rather than just let it be. Mooney was quite happy to lie about cameras being directly outside Orwell's London home, he obliviously thought it to be funny, pretending to inform people, while taking the leak, is not good radio. Rarely do they know what you are inquiring about, as their nails, although containing many secrets, don't like detail.

Just Jack

It's an improvement.

maxthedog

Radio streaming still a bit crap. But probably on the to-do list.
radio streaming seriously crap, every time I want to turn on the radio, it tells me I must have real-player installed. I do and I have.

Today FM and Newstalk.. click the play icon and on straight away.

FFRTE ,Another goverment quango who must milk the taxpayer when it come too getting its I.T. to work.

Just Jack

radio streaming seriously crap, every time I want to turn on the radio, it tells me I must have real-player installed. I do and I have.

Today FM and Newstalk.. click the play icon and on straight away.

FFRTE ,Another goverment quango who must milk the taxpayer when it come too getting its I.T. to work.
I can’t get any of the media to function on the site, even after its renovation.

Dorris

I've just gone to listen to last nights Late Date on Radio 1, it is 39 minutes long, Tuesdays is the same. There are nearly two hours missing, will they fix it? no. Will I tell them? No, because everything I tell them, they ignore. I'll be glad when my cousin is not their boss anymore, I wont be able to run that around my head. The presenters are sometimes, absolutely brilliant, the rest of it appears to be a joke that must be perpetuated, until they find a punchline that makes it funny.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies