New Newstalk Schedule

spidermom

Been in work the last 2 days so haven't listened to all the new shows completely but have to say am fiercely underwhelmed!
Its like Daytime TV on the radio!

Anybody feel the same or are you impressed by the new line up?
Maybe I'm being a bit previous and should give them time!

tigerben

haven't listened to it , miss Ivan Yates and I'm not a fan of music radio but hate the new line up. Have 4fm on in the morning but I miss the news .

ShoutingIsLeadership

The new evening show, has served to show just how p1ss poor George Hook was in that slot. Decent political panel segment on it today.

Expose the lot of them

Williams, Coleman and other incoherent fools who cannot pronounce 'th' and who indulge in self- satisfied rightwing rants in the mornings. Vacuous females, with equally poor diction in in tbe afternoons, not a brain nor an original thought between them.

Come back Ivan and George all is forgiven.

spidermom

The new evening show, has served to show just how p1ss poor George Hook was in that slot. Decent political panel segment on it today.
Although Sarah McIninery has taken a leaf out of Vincent Brownes book and kept interrupting!
The political slot was about the best of it though!

Gave up listening to George some time ago!

ShoutingIsLeadership

Williams, Coleman and other incoherent fools who cannot pronounce 'th' and who indulge in self- satisfied rightwing rants in the mornings. Vacuous females, with equally poor diction in in tbe afternoons, not a brain nor an original thought between them.

Come back Ivan and George all is forgiven.

You're not happy with people indulging in self-satisfied right wing rants...so you want George and Ivan back?!

ShoutingIsLeadership

Although Sarah McIninery has taken a leaf out of Vincent Brownes book and kept interrupting!

She did a bit...I put it down to nerves

Socratus O' Pericles

I hate Hook, Tubridy, Marty Whelan and Anton Savage.

constitutionus

Been in work the last 2 days so haven't listened to all the new shows completely but have to say am fiercely underwhelmed!
Its like Daytime TV on the radio!

Anybody feel the same or are you impressed by the new line up?
Maybe I'm being a bit previous and should give them time!
lasted 2 min of the breakfast show on its first day. i dont know what the fuk they were thinking with willliams. collete wasnt too bad today but the show is badly flawed IMO now and im basing my decision to listen to it on who's presenting. faaaaar to easy to bugger off to morning irleand.

the pat kenny slot is a blinder. i can see him making BIG inroads into turbidys listernership as the breakfast show tended to disappear up itself for the final hour and now ive got something decent to get me all the way to sean o rourke at 10 . its probably the BEST move theyve made with the new line up and gives the option of something to stick with should SOR be crap (or MLOD'ED)

"HIGH NOON" with george is basically the right hook. it feels kinda weird to get to 12.30 and not have a show end but its alright so far and does the job till 1pm for the RTE news should it get a bit naff.

refuse point blank to listen to moncreif. lifes too short to deal with that much brainwashed PCness.

chris and sarah on NT drive is as bland as i expected . bearly stuck around before switching to matt or drivetime.

all in all i give Newstalk credit for shaking up their schedule, but its more miss than hit for me and it REALLY stands out how much of closed shop media is here. wheres all the foreigners guys ! theres 500 million people out in euroland and THIS is all ya could get?

so much for "diversity"

:D

Bea C

Okay, I suppose she's only started, so be fair!

What always fascinates me is the abusive rants George gets in: if you'd hate him that much, wouldn't you just switch station?
I often wonder is he sending them to himself :roll:

Expose the lot of them

You're not happy with people indulging in self-satisfied right wing rants...so you want George and Ivan back?!
Both George and Ivan have a certain entertainmen value, are reasonably well informed, very well informed and knowledgable compared to the new crop, and most important of all, can speak properly.

willow68

Makes one wish Dunphy was back on de radio. I will never forget Finkelstein vs Dershovitz. That was great radio. Lightweights on nowadays.

ShoutingIsLeadership

lasted 2 min of the breakfast show on its first day. i dont know what the fuk they were thinking with willliams. collete wasnt too bad today but the show is badly flawed IMO now and im basing my decision to listen to it on who's presenting. faaaaar to easy to bugger off to morning irleand.

the pat kenny slot is a blinder. i can see him making BIG inroads into turbidys listernership as the breakfast show tended to disappear up itself for the final hour and now ive got something decent to get me all the way to sean o rourke at 10 . its probably the BEST move theyve made with the new line up and gives the option of something to stick with should SOR be crap (or MLOD'ED)

"HIGH NOON" with george is basically the right hook. it feels kinda weird to get to 12.30 and not have a show end but its alright so far and does the job till 1pm for the RTE news should it get a bit naff.

refuse point blank to listen to moncreif. lifes too short to deal with that much brainwashed PCness.

chris and sarah on NT drive is as bland as i expected . bearly stuck around before switching to matt or drivetime.

all in all i give Newstalk credit for shaking up their schedule, but its more miss than hit for me and it REALLY stands out how much of closed shop media is here. wheres all the foreigners guys ! theres 500 million people out in euroland and THIS is all ya could get?

so much for "diversity"

:D
Tubridy in the morning:

Someone else reads the news for a few minutes;
Tubs does a brain dump of whatever is in his mind, for a few minutes;
chats about the papers or news or whatever, for a few minutes;
Ad break;
music;
Pointless ten minute interview with some non-entity about some twitteresque event;
Ad;
Song;
Maybe another short interview;
ad; and
all interspersed with texts...ALL of which are positive - critical ones are never read out.

Paid better than An Taoiseach.

constitutionus

i think the guy thought all his christmas's came at once when gene wilder died.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Both George and Ivan have a certain entertainmen value, are reasonably well informed, very well informed and knowledgable compared to the new crop, and most important of all, can speak properly.

Hook is utterly clueless, and isn't the most coherent. He can be entertaining...suited to the radio loose women slot

New Threads

Most Replies