New politics? Stepaside garda station re-opens

Socratus O' Pericles

Imagine a set of criteria for opening formerly closed stations.

You know:

proximity of nearest open station,
population,
crime stats
and so on.

Followed by a transparent application of these criteria by an independent body, that would go some way to countering the claims of cronyism and pork.

Aristodemus

Wait until this Government gets demands for rural stations and rural post offices to reopen/ stay open. This has the potential to be one of the all time terrible administrations ever

Socratus O' Pericles

Wait until this Government gets demands for rural stations and rural post offices to reopen/ stay open. This has the potential to be one of the all time terrible administrations ever
They are very susceptible to the need to keep all the Independent's happy, pet projects galore is a real danger.

wombat

The answer to health problems is an A&E at every crossroads. The answer to crime is a sargeant and 2 Gardai scratching their holes at the crossroads.I don't know what problems the dancing maidens solve but crossroads are very vital pieces of infrastructure

statsman

It's what we voted for.

statsman

The answer to health problems is an A&E at every crossroads. The answer to crime is a sargeant and 2 Gardai scratching their holes at the crossroads.I don't know what problems the dancing maidens solve but crossroads are very vital pieces of infrastructure
Dancing members of the oldest profession, you mean.

gatsbygirl20

Wait 'til the new swimming pool is opened in Micí Marbh and then you'll see complaining. Dem blueshirts is all the same....................

Opening stuff is risky.

But closing stuff is suicide.

Try not to open things or close things, if you can avoid it. Steady as she goes..

Aindriu

Crime in the Stepaside area increased by 15% after they closed the Garda station. They aren't too far from an infamous halting site and also from an infamous social housing estate.

freewillie

When services are closed the authorities usually say that additional resources are being allocated to the next nearest facility to take up the extra workload. This does not happen. If the people in the areas where Garda stations closed actually saw additional patrols (or indeed any patrols) they would be satisfied but that does not happen

Socratus O' Pericles

Opening stuff is risky.

But closing stuff is suicide.

Try not to open things or close things, if you can avoid it. Steady as she goes..
I think the thread may now be closed, you present an open and shut case.

blokesbloke

Crime would reduce in Stepaside if it had a less silly name.

It's obviously driving the locals to crime.

blokesbloke

Go raibh maith agat, mo chara, but I must say, in fairness now, that the other two lads had put some work in and lined it up for me and 'twas an open goal, like :)
Meh, too modest.

I think it was quite a subtle one even I would probably have missed - and I rarely miss a double entendre!

Emily Davison

Crime would reduce in Stepaside if it had a less silly name.

It's obviously driving the locals to crime.
There's worse names that that spring to mind. And I don't mean Ballygobackwards.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies