New politics? Stepaside garda station re-opens

gatsbygirl20

They closed Kiely's in Mount Merrion there for a while, and then just up the road they closed Glenalbyn swimming pool.....The government imposing savage cuts on the most vulnerable, as usual....

Wait 'til the new swimming pool is opened in Micí Marbh and then you'll see complaining. Dem blueshirts is all the same....................

Socratus O' Pericles

Crime would reduce in Stepaside if it had a less silly name.

It's obviously driving the locals to crime.
Great band.petunia

[video=youtube;YHcs5qE6d_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcs5qE6d_8[/video]

Not............

ShoutingIsLeadership

Is Lord Ross still writing each week in the Sindo

While Ministers occasionally write articles ( or have them written ) on current topics, I don't think a Minister should have a weekly column
Didn't Willie O'Dea have one for years?

Mushroom

Taoiseach has no objection to publication of garda station re-opening report - Independent.ie

A disgraceful attack on the Minister for Talking Populist Crap in a posh accent by FF's Angry Dwarf.

"The head of the Public Accounts Committee has accused the Government of "interfering" and "infecting" a garda decision concerning the re-opening of closed stations.

Sean Fleming, chairman of the Public Accounts Committee told RTÉ's Morning Ireland that the decision to re-open Stepaside Garda Station was "infected".

Mushroom is 100% confident that Minister Shameless Ross had absolutely nothing to do with the cabinet decision to re-open Stepaside garda station.

Indeed, Mushroom wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the photograph below had been photoshopped as part of a scurrilous attempt to blacken Ross's image as a man of unimpeachable high principle, honesty and integrity.

Last edited:

hammer

Didn`t Rossi say in discussions with Mehole that Fianna FAIL would have been even more facilitating :)

Did little Sean Fleming miss that ?

Lúidín

Class ties are stronger than party policies as we're all batting on the same wicket in Sythe County Dublin. Well played chaps!

Round tower

It is tough for politicians, they get slammed for doing noting for their constituency, when they do they are accused of cronyism.

Round tower

Taoiseach has no objection to publication of garda station re-opening report - Independent.ie

A disgraceful attack on the Minister for Talking Populist Crap in a posh accent by FF's Angry Dwarf.

"The head of the Public Accounts Committee has accused the Government of "interfering" and "infecting" a garda decision concerning the re-opening of closed stations.

Sean Fleming, chairman of the Public Accounts Committee told RTÉ's Morning Ireland that the decision to re-open Stepaside Garda Station was "infected".

Mushroom is 100% confident that Minister Shameless Ross had absolutely nothing to do with the cabinet decision to re-open Stepaside garda station.

Indeed, Mushroom wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the photograph below had been photoshopped as part of a scurrilous attempt to blacken Ross's image as a man of unimpeachable high principle, honesty and integrity.

How many times do u hear people complaining of politicians making promises during a GE and reneging on them when the election is over, Ross is doing what he promised he would do before the election

Mushroom

How many times do u hear people complaining of politicians making promises during a GE and reneging on them when the election is over, Ross is doing what he promised he would do before the election
True - pandering to the gullible electorate with populist promises.

The main difference between Ross and Smirker Murphy is that Ross talks posh and wears a suit and tie whereas Murphy talks common and wears charity shop clothes.

Mushroom

It is tough for politicians, they get slammed for doing noting for their constituency, when they do they are accused of cronyism.
I appreciate that I'm unusual in Irish politics, but when I elect a politician to my national parliament, I'm interested in what he can do nationally. I don't want him trying to get extra cash for local roads as our local Gombeen TD Michael "dimmy" Collins is doing.

Give me national elections by List system any day! - that would get rid of the Rosses, the Healy-Raes, the tax-thieves Wallace and Lowry and every other slack-jawed non-party gob************************e in Leinster House.

Orbit v2

A lot of rural voters make no bones about expecting politicians to deliver for their constituency, and their politicians are happy to oblige. At least everyone is up front about it. The difference with Ross, is acting the same way, but with this middle-class urban pretense of disdain for clientelism. He's fooling nobody.

Disillusioned democrat

I appreciate that I'm unusual in Irish politics, but when I elect a politician to my national parliament, I'm interested in what he can do nationally. I don't want him trying to get extra cash for local roads as our local Gombeen TD Michael "dimmy" Collins is doing.

Give me national elections by List system any day! - that would get rid of the Rosses, the Healy-Raes, the tax-thieves Wallace and Lowry and every other slack-jawed non-party gob************************e in Leinster House.
I was surprised last week to learn that Germany is 50% "list" based.

I find it very, very arrogant of our politicians, media, etc., that list system is never discussed or debated.

Given our propensity for gombeen politics I think it would be the answer to many of the problems that makes Ireland dysfunctional. Imagine a cancer like Lowry getting re-elected if he had to face voters outside Tipp?

ainm_eile

I was surprised last week to learn that Germany is 50% "list" based.

I find it very, very arrogant of our politicians, media, etc., that list system is never discussed or debated.

Given our propensity for gombeen politics I think it would be the answer to many of the problems that makes Ireland dysfunctional. Imagine a cancer like Lowry getting re-elected if he had to face voters outside Tipp?
FF and SF support list systems in their manifestos.

ergo2

Give me national elections by List system any day
! - that would get rid of the Rosses, the Healy-Raes, the tax-thieves Wallace and Lowry and every other slack-jawed non-party gob************************e in Leinster House.
The Party List system would give too much power to party HQs.

Popular Threads

Most Replies