New Politics

Aquilius

Is there room for a new and untested political party to form? One which has no baggage to the past and gives solid policy ideas for the country as a whole, not just a parish pump ideology but a national one...

If there was to be such a party to come into existence what would make you vote for them?

I've set this discussion up due to my impatience with and distrust in the establishment government and opposition parties. I feel this country can do better and with like minded individuals in power Ireland can flourish and reach its potential.

razorblade

As long as its Eurosceptic and wants to restrict immigration then im all for it, thats the sort of political party we need in this country.

Aquilius

As long as its Eurosceptic and wants to restrict immigration then im all for it, thats the sort of political party we need in this country.
I agree with you in the sense that for too long Ireland has never been represented properly at the European table, although I do for now remain in favour of being part of the EU there is many things I disagree with them on. As for immigration I'm all for getting tough on it, there needs to be enhanced background checks on individuals, even on those who are EU citizens.

ellie08

Is there room for a new and untested political party to form? One which has no baggage to the past and gives solid policy ideas for the country as a whole, not just a parish pump ideology but a national one...

If there was to be such a party to come into existence what would make you vote for them?

I've set this discussion up due to my impatience with and distrust in the establishment government and opposition parties. I feel this country can do better and with like minded individuals in power Ireland can flourish and reach its potential.

Social democrats?

Aquilius

Social democrats?
I'm looking for something more radical than the Social Democrats. It would be my intention if given the chance to completely overhaul the political and electoral system, along with the whole apparatus of the state.

rainmaker

Administrator
So you would be willing to compromise on the keeping Europe white thing and stringing up libtards from lamp posts?

It's always nice to find the middle ground.

razorblade

So you would be willing to compromise on the keeping Europe white thing and stringing up libtards from lamp posts?

It's always nice to find a middle ground.
What the hell are you on about just restrict immigration to those who work hard and contribute to the country who are law abiding citizens that's a common sense approach wouldn't you say.

statsman

I'd imagine the first thing you'd need would be some actual policies. They'd need to appeal to some actual posters, not the 600 regular socks on P.ie. They you'd need some candidates (again not the 600 regular socks on P.ie) And a name. Take your pick from Progressive Democrats, Renua or Social Democrats). Then come back and tell us how it's going.

Mick Mac

It's always nice to find the middle ground.
I don't see a market for keeping Europe for the Europeans but if there is a policy to string up people it could get traction.
The top 200 names get hanged. You'd canvass for you candidate not because you liked them but because of you absolutely could not stand them.

The Purge Party. Who are you voting for?

hammer

Is there room for a new and untested political party to form? One which has no baggage to the past and gives solid policy ideas for the country as a whole
Any new party would have no baggage, but would its candidates be whiter than white ?

Also who would vote for a party that didn`t look after local issues ? Most Irish people it would seem can be selfish !!

Mick Mac

What the hell are you on about just restrict immigration to those who work hard and contribute to the country who are law abiding citizens that's a common sense approach wouldn't you say.
It's a tactic, almost pavlovian at this point. You mention the I word and restrictions and you get that response.

Unless you are Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn. In that case mentioning restrictions gets ignored.

Henry94.

Just knuckle down to hard constituency work for about 20 years so people will trust you. Win a surprise seat in an election and get a handful elected the next time. Then prop up a government and get wiped out at the next election.

Mick Mac

Any new party would have no baggage, but would its candidates be whiter than white ?

Also who would vote for a party that didn`t look after local issues ? Most Irish people it would seem can be selfish !!
Take a look at past parties dedicated to the national issues.

PDs: ************************************ up over everyone in the service of Capital but they were all about modernization
Greens: ************************************ over everyone on behalf of capitalists but it's for the environment.

rainmaker

Administrator
I don't see a market for keeping Europe for the Europeans but if there is a policy to string up people it could get traction.
The top 200 names get hanged. You'd canvass for you candidate not because you liked them but because of you absolutely could not stand them.
We have a couple of TV channels in the UK who would snap this up for a percentage of the phone line cash.

rainmaker

Administrator
Who's going to tell him - I would but I've come in without my crayons again?

razorblade

Who's going to tell him - I would but I've come in without my crayons again?
Sorry you have lost me there who's him exactly anyway its a sensible proposal wouldn't you agree why import those who will be dependent on welfare, refuse to integrate and frankly have cultural values and beliefs completely at odds with western society you're only asking for trouble.

raetsel

Why not call it

"B̶r̶i̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ White Paddies First" .............................................?

Oh, and why not use a white faced leprechaun as the logo, in keeping with the pygmy thinking of the members?

redhead

Aaaaah, it's starting to make sense, the different personas.

It's a bit like creating a boyband, ensure there's one for every teenage girl to relate to.

Hunter-Gatherer

An Irish UKIP. Would be good

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies