New Poll In Scotland Shows Surge In Support Of Independence Post Brexit Vote

firefly123

I'd imagine another no vote would put it to bed for a generation so the play might be to let brexit happen and see where everything lies after about 5 years. If it's a success then the snp might integrate more and just be a Scottish party rather than a Scottish independence party. If it's a failure then it's referendum time baby!

DexterGreen22

Not hearing much talk recently about another Scottish Independence referendum. It all just seemed to die away.

Is a second Scottish independence referendum likely to be on the cards any time soon?
No, the Scottish Globalist Party have underestimated the hostility towards the EU from their own voters. Abut one-third were in favour of leaving the EU.
36% of SNP and Labour supporters backed Brexit, finds survey (From HeraldScotland)

Not only do the the SNP have to convince Unionists to come of to their side, they have to convince SNP voters hostile to Brussels as well.
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news...ont-vote-yes-independence-means-rejoining-eu/

I voted Yes in 2014 but the idea of Nicola being in charge of this country's immigration policy in an independent Scotland isn't something I would be too enthusiastic about. I fear Edinburgh would end up like London, the natives a minority in their own Capital.
Much like Metroploitan luvvies, the SNP are also prone to virtue signalling when it comes to refugees/migrants/invaders.

'Meanwhile Bob Geldof offered to house not one, not two, but three refugee families last July after branding the government’s response an ‘absolute sickening disgrace’. However, when Mr S approached, he declined to make a public comment at this time regarding the refugee situation — though Steerpike is assured that refugees remain a cause close to his heart.

But what of the First Minister? While the Local Government Association represents councils in England and Wales, Nicola Sturgeon previously said she’d happily have a Syrian refugee stay in her home in Scotland. Although Sturgeon’s spokesman admits that she is yet to do so, they say this is simply because there has been no need to. It turns out that ‘it has so far been possible to house refugees without asking individuals or families to provide shelter’. Of course with a number of Syrian refugees who have been given sanctuary in Rothesay complaining that the area is ‘where people come to die’, Mr S suspects they wouldn’t say no to the offer of a stay in the beautiful Bute House, in Edinburgh.

So in short, it appears that of the three, not one has taken in refugees nor do they have any current plans to do so'.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/08/year-nicola-sturgeon-refugees/

blinding

No, the Scottish Globalist Party have underestimated the hostility towards the EU from their own voters. Abut one-third were in favour of leaving the EU.
36% of SNP and Labour supporters backed Brexit, finds survey (From HeraldScotland)

Not only do the the SNP have to convince Unionists to come of to their side, they have to convince SNP voters hostile to Brussels as well.
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news...ont-vote-yes-independence-means-rejoining-eu/

I voted Yes in 2014 but the idea of Nicola being in charge of this country's immigration policy in an independent Scotland isn't something I would be too enthusiastic about. I fear Edinburgh would end up like London, the natives a minority in their own Capital.
Much like Metroploitan luvvies, the SNP are also prone to virtue signalling when it comes to refugees/migrants/invaders.

'Meanwhile Bob Geldof offered to house not one, not two, but three refugee families last July after branding the government’s response an ‘absolute sickening disgrace’. However, when Mr S approached, he declined to make a public comment at this time regarding the refugee situation — though Steerpike is assured that refugees remain a cause close to his heart.

But what of the First Minister? While the Local Government Association represents councils in England and Wales, Nicola Sturgeon previously said she’d happily have a Syrian refugee stay in her home in Scotland. Although Sturgeon’s spokesman admits that she is yet to do so, they say this is simply because there has been no need to. It turns out that ‘it has so far been possible to house refugees without asking individuals or families to provide shelter’. Of course with a number of Syrian refugees who have been given sanctuary in Rothesay complaining that the area is ‘where people come to die’, Mr S suspects they wouldn’t say no to the offer of a stay in the beautiful Bute House, in Edinburgh.

So in short, it appears that of the three, not one has taken in refugees nor do they have any current plans to do so'.

They will happily volunteer the poorest areas in the country to takes as many as can be put there .

The hypocrisy of these elites has to be seen to be believed.......

midlander12

Yes, there were similar 'offers' in Ireland when the migrant crisis was headline news in 2015. The upshot of it all was that a few dozen Syrians were dispatched to Ballaghadereen, which I suspect would attract similar ephitets to those ascribed to Rothesay above.

Sturgeon apparently said the other day that she was embarrassed by the word 'National' in her party's name and would prefer if it was not there - it was an inheritance from the 1930's, she explained to a Turkish writer, according to the BBC. It kinda sums her and her party up - their version of 'independence' appears in any event to involve clinging to Brussels' skirt rather than Westminster's.

The main preoccupation of the SNP over the next few years will not be another indyref but to hold onto power if they can at the next Holyrood elections (in 2021 I think) and to pray there isn't another Westminster election before that. Virtually all their 35 seats are now marginal - a swing of 5% would dispatch 30 of them, mostly to Labour. So greatly straitened times ahead for 'progressive' virtue signalers of Edinburgh, unless events take yet another dramatic turn as they did both in 2015 and 2017.

jvghan

The Brexit referendum result is not going down too well in Scotland.
Earlier today a prominent anti Independence advocate from the recent Scottish independence referendum told BBC news he now favours Scottish Independence and told the BBC reporter, many former NO voters to independence are moving over or are prepared to listen more to the argument for Scottish independence.

Now tonight, a poll shows just about six in ten Scots would vote for Independence.

Aiden Kerr, the political editor of STV television in Scotland has tweeted tonight.
Tomorrow's Sunday Post newspaper has a poll with 59% support for Scottish independence

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl0vTWlWIAAjvjl.jpg
Laugh or Cry?

jvghan

It is inevitable now. Scottish people knew they made a mistake within hours of voting the last time as all the promises were withdrawn. This time around they won't make the same mistake. The EU might even decide that they are the legitimate heirs to the UK and accept their membership without any of the process. After all every Scottish citizen is currently an EU citizen. How can the EU deny them?
The SNP is working on it as I type. There could be a referendum by October - which would nicely coincide with the Tory leadership election.

Scottish Labour have made noises about supporting independence.

two posters, I just can't take serious and now you know why. Proper EU Mugs.

PBP voter

All down to the same factors as last time plus Brexit.

English people living in Scotland and Scottish women.

Most Scottish men are loser drunks, chronically obese and work shy.

Women are the one getting all the good education and the top jobs.

They will decide if it happens or not.

Long term as as the women leave for London for better jobs it will be easily carried.
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/stv.tv/...elated-brain-damage-hospital-admissions-soar/
He said: "It's worrying that these statistics continue to rise and means more people are having their lives badly impacted by drinking too much alcohol.

"Scotland already has one of the worst records in Europe for alcohol consumption and, despite increased awareness, the problem only seems to be getting worse."

Telstar 62

Polls in 2018 showed that a majority of Scots want to remain in
the UK - but the SNP still aren't listening. :sneaky:

Dame_Enda

The prospect of a second independence referendum is probably the main reason the SNP lost so many Westminster seats last time to the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour.

rainmaker

Administrator
The prospect of a second independence referendum is probably the main reason the SNP lost so many Westminster seats last time to the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour.
That is what the SNP themselves concluded. Even Salmond, the most successful leader in their history, & who came the closest ever to realising their aim of independence, lost his seat to a Tory,

DJP

I think the SNP are according to the polls predicted to win back a lot of the seats they lost? A lot is going to happen over the next couple and few years and I wouldn't be surprised if a clear majority of Scots back independence over the period.

Sweet Darling

I think the SNP are according to the polls predicted to win back a lot of the seats they lost? A lot is going to happen over the next couple and few years and I wouldn't be surprised if a clear majority of Scots back independence over the period.
The Scots are a defeated nation, Depended on the money sent up by the London taxpayers each year. They wave their empty whiskey bottles about after watching Braveheart every now and then when they get all worked up.

Skin the Goat

Polls in 2018 showed that a majority of Scots want to remain in
the UK - but the SNP still aren't listening. :sneaky:

A Poll in 2018 showed that a majority of people wanted to repeal the eighth amendment to the constitution in the Republic of Ireland - but YOU still aren't listening. :sneaky:

Roomtwo

The Scots are a defeated nation, Depended on the money sent up by the London taxpayers each year. They wave their empty whiskey bottles about after watching Braveheart every now and then when they get all worked up.

Sigh ...... it's whisky bottles we wave about after watching Braveheart.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom