• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

New Pope is Jorge Mario Bergoglio

Habetis Papam.

Congrats to the RC's among you.

Now who is it?

dunno

One of the frontrunners according to the sage Mr Dobson. Wow what insight!

dunno

Cardinal Protodeacon Jean-Louis Pierre Tauran will announce the name.

wombat

Classic RTE this morning "now over to Rome, can you explain the significance of the black smoke?":lol:

Ryan Tubbs

It's "Habemus Papam" ......

The standard of Latin around here is really appalling.

LamportsEdge

Knew some chancer would do this. Mods, this OP is not in the right section of the forum. Foreign Affairs or Current Affairs at least but it is most certainly not 'Irish Culture and Community'.

I am going to keep pointing out these deliberate plants in this section of the forum until the penny drops that the forum is being misused for religious propaganda purposes.

He3

Classic RTE this morning "now over to Rome, can you explain the significance of the black smoke?":lol:
Turns out the white smoke was a false alarm. Cardinal Quirrel, tiring of th duration of the proceedings, had slunk into a corner for a couple of crafty and swift Gauloises Blondes Rouge, and the air-con did thee rest.

wombat

It's "Habemus Papam" ......

The standard of Latin around here is really appalling.
I think he means "you plural" but it doesn't look quite right. Its a long time since I did Latin:lol:

Narcissist

Knew some chancer would do this. Mods, this OP is not in the right section of the forum. Foreign Affairs or Current Affairs at least but it is most certainly not 'Irish Culture and Community'.

I am going to keep pointing out these deliberate plants in this section of the forum until the penny drops that the forum is being misused for religious propaganda purposes.
Remind me not to get stuck beside you at a dinner party...

wombat

If it makes you happy....

I opend this in th same forum used for other Papal threads. It's called "Culture and Community".

ManOfReason

Prod.

dunno

Relax. It won't be a 200 page mega thread on gay priests. No one will post much after the new Pope is chosen.

Windowshopper

Because it's so early my guess is Angelo Scola of Milan.