New rural party in the offing?

Breanainn

razorblade

According to the Irish Times, many TDs currently regarded among the Rural Independents are considering joining forces as either an alliance or a formal party to campaign against abortion and various rural issues. Among the members would be Danny Healy-Rae, Michael Collins and the peripatetic Noel Grealish:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/independent-tds-consider-forming-anti-abortion-alliance-1.3294834?mode=amp
Danny Healy Ray that says it all then.

Plebian

According to the Irish Times, many TDs currently regarded among the Rural Independents are considering joining forces as either an alliance or a formal party to campaign against abortion and various rural issues. Among the members would be Danny Healy-Rae, Michael Collins and the peripatetic Noel Grealish:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/independent-tds-consider-forming-anti-abortion-alliance-1.3294834?mode=amp
Hah, there's fierce competition for the bead rattler vote ( vastly overestimated that vote is, ask Dana).

In principle it's a good idea minus the extremely tiresome anti-abortion crap.

automaticforthepeople

What about the brother Michael? Cute Kerry hoors having a foot in both camp when it comes to independents, they want it both ways! Real sign that this red neck party won't last long, Noel will go down in politics as being the last TD in 2 different parties.

tipofdiceberg

Hah, there's fierce competition for the bead rattler vote ( vastly overestimated that vote is, ask Dana).

In principle it's a good idea minus the extremely tiresome anti-abortion crap.
Anything is better than the obedient lapdog Party system that exists today. FFG are sh### and are ruining the fabric of our society.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

not sure what they are talking to SIPO about they are already a recognised Dail group, more funding? the programme for government promise of more funding to alliances hasn't appeared yet thats up to the government.
7. Political Funding
We will seek to extend state funding, on the same basis on which political parties are funded, to political groups who stood on a common policy platform in the general election.
https://merrionstreet.ie/MerrionStreet/en/ImageLibrary/Programme_for_Partnership_Government.pdf

johnny365

Rural red neck party hoping to poach Catholic taliban members from from ff and fg.

MsDaisyC

Antichoice, pro drunk driving, pro graaaants for de faaarmers... anything else for the Cute Hoor Party?

ticketyboo

FFS....another political party...give me peace.....
More egotistical knobheads who think they'll build a mass movement and transform society...nay, the world...
Meanwhile, all the current evidence says that the idiots who comprise the electorate in this state are renewing their faith in the pack of utter bastards who brought them to ruination and have either forgotten or just don't understand, because they have goldfish memories or lack a functioning brain cell or are invested in the utterly corrupt state in which we live....
I despair...I honestly do....and consequently seldom visit this site or bother to post any more.....because no matter how bad things get for those who have lost their homes, wait till they are safely dead for operations, send their children to play in hotel corridors...they are still outnumbered by those for whom the "recovery" has taken root and say, fúck you, it's not my problem....
And the Taoiseach sends out a swat team to attack people with "bad behaviours".....deify the muppets who think they are the only squeezed middle,coping class tossers who in their tiny minds subsidize a whole range of spongers......and actually seek to criminalize volunteer groups who try to keep the homeless alive...
And what would you possibly say face to face to a member of this government who implores people not to highlight the homeless crisis let it damage our reputation internationally....?
Our reutation, by the way, is that we are a shower of cheapskate hoors who' ll try any sneaky shortcut of low CT rates or tax write offs as a lazy way of creating employment....

Dame_Enda

I'd support a rural party as long as it was not socially conservative. Which probably means not this one but we'll see.

sadmal

I'd support a rural party as long as it was not socially conservative. Which probably means not this one but we'll see.
It is socially conservative, they are against abortion and drink driving laws that stop rural people driving.

Breeal

A party that doesn't believe in killing children, it'll get my vote.

Mahrock

Hard to see the strategic policy objectives here, other than forcing pregnant greyhounds to to run over hares while drunk and on learner permits.

Itsalaugh

A 4day working week so people can spend a few days home from the big smoke.
Reducing the cost of private transportation - fuel, insurance - maybe make up the difference with wider tax diffef^ntials on larger engine cars.
I'm a Dub but recognise a vibrant rural Ireland is important to maintain much that is distinctive about Ireland and a thriving rural scene self-perpetuates, sufficient services, amenities availabe which becomes a magnet for lifestyle change people.

petaljam

Are there any women in this party at all? Yet another bunch of male conservatives pretending to care about foetuses when what they really want is to shut those bloody women up.

Anyway, to stand for elections, doesn't a party need not just one or two women, but 50% now?

Breeal

Are there any women in this party at all? Yet another bunch of male conservatives pretending to care about foetuses when what they really want is to shut those bloody women up.

Anyway, to stand for elections, doesn't a party need not just one or two women, but 50% now?
Maybe they were all 'aborted' before they had a chance to join a political party.

Dame_Enda

Renua's downfall was in part because the founders were well known to have left FG over abortion, plus the very visible divisions within the party between pro-life leaders and a handful of pro-choicers like I think Eddie Hobbs. So lessons will have to be learned.

Breeal

Renua's downfall was in part because the founders were well known to have left FG over abortion, plus the very visible divisions within the party between pro-life leaders and a handful of pro-choicers like I think Eddie Hobbs. So lessons will have to be learned.
Lucinda's stance on abortion was admirable as was her willingness to defy the whip over her principles (rare in politics). I think their flat tax rate was their downfall in the end.

sadmal

I was earlier informed by another poster that the only rural Independent TD's are all men and this party will be made up only of Independents with the exception of John Hanifin who is a FF Senator and from Dublin but is against abortion too so that's ok.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies