• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

New sports columnist at the News of the world - Bertie Ahern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanley

Anyone surprised NOTW is from Rupert Murdoch's stable who also look after the young wan, Bertie gave them exclusive use over FAI matches, used to regularly give interviews to Sky News which use to portray him as an intl statesman.

Biffo should stop this immediate, put the boot in hard and relentless.

yehbut_nobut

Anyone surprised NOTW is from Rupert Murdoch's stable who also look after the young wan, Bertie gave them exclusive use over FAI matches, used to regularly give interviews to Sky News which use to portray him as an intl statesman.

Biffo should stop this immediate, put the boot in hard and relentless.

Think I just figured out why Ahern is whoring himself so much. Is it

A) Because the grubby chancer loves filthy lucre?

or

B) Because the grubby chancer knows there's not a hope that he'll get his costs from the Tribunal, and is building up his downpayment on the massive bill for the massive lies he told?

Or is it

C) a combination of A) and B)

path

Given his great command of the English language he'll need a good sub editor

Pretty much sums up his tenure as our Prime Minister

Rebus2008

No surprise. The crook has no shame.

the type of morons who read News of World are still calling for him to return and breathe life into the tiger. I'm still amazed how he can stroll down to croker from fagans and not be lynched.

One hope is the day when he's on front poage of N.o.W getting baged up while his beaming profile is on the rear page giving that weeks gg tips

Question R24U

The great unwashed may not think that he was a spoofer on economics but when they realise that he is utterly clueless on sport they might make a connection between the Bertie Boom and the fact that they are now unemployed.

(I suppose there is no truth in the rumour that he was at the Four courts to support the Thomas Cook workers).

dalywise

Didn't he appear on The Premiership as a panellist while he was still Taoiseach.
Yes he did. That was a pre 2002 election ploy by RTE and was part of a 2 year campaign by RTE to present the tosser in soft focus profiles etc. At the same time, RTE commissioned a drama documentary on the Hep C scandal that portrayed Michael Noonan as Dracula. Little wonder that FF won that election by a landslide. Ahern had the top brass and presenters of RTE including Kenny, Finucane, Ryan, O'Callaghan (whose own brother is FF!) who slobbered daily as they ass licked the racehorse expert. They combined it with daily interviews with Ahern admirers such as Noel Whelan, Sean Donnelly, and virtually all Indo journalists. They continued it to 2007 and as such RTE are as much to blame for the state we're in as Ahern, Cowen and McCreevy. Abolish the license fee and let RTE survive on advertising.

alonso

just another tit in a tabloid i suppose...
so how many hours will he spend a week on this and how many will he spend doing his actual job?

Rebus2008

for the decency and dignity of thedail, could some journalist from alternative ask the obvious question:

- how he time to write a column when he has no time to represent his constitiuents by voting in the dail? I saw a figure which showed that he's voted on a miniscule amount of occasions

meatshirt

Ah lads I'm sure he'll get an oul' ghostwriter in for this gig.

No doubt Cecelia can dig a few numbers out of her address book for him ...

flavirostris

- how he time to write a column when he has no time to represent his constitiuents by voting in the dail? I saw a figure which showed that he's voted on a miniscule amount of occasions
I think that would be missing 85% of Dáil votes since stepping down as Taoiseach

Dunlin3

I'd call for a boycott of the paper but there's probably no one here that reads it!

His photo was in the Indo today a couple of times. In the one in the middle of the paper both Albert and Sean Haughey are sitting behind him. Sean Haughey seems to be looking over at him and thinking what a w@nker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies