• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

New study out, 50% of ‘Misogynistic’ Tweets Posted by Women

silverharp

ironic eh? , based on a couple of studies now , women as likely or more likely to be critical or mean to other women on the internet. I'm sure feminists are in full damage control mode now that there is a crack in their arguments. It might be useful to bear in mind if upstanding institutions or quangos here try to virtue signal about suggest that something needs to be done to protect the wimminz on line

Study: 50% of 'Misogynistic' Tweets Posted by Women - Breitbart

A new study reveals that around 50% of misogynistic tweets are sent by women, disproving the widely perceived view that online “abuse” comes mainly from men.
In an investigation carried out by think tank Demos, it monitored two words associated with misogyny and used algorithms to distinguish between tweets intended aggressively and those that were more conversational in tone.

The news will come as a shock to feminist campaigners who have long claimed that men are the main perpetrators of internet trolling.

It also follows a 2014 study from cosmetics firm Dove which found out of over five million negative tweets relating to beauty and body image, 80% were sent by women.

A campaign has been launched by British politicians entitled #reclaimtheinternet to prevent “abuse” against women on social media.

GDPR

ironic eh? , based on a couple of studies now , women as likely or more likely to be critical or mean to other women on the internet. I'm sure feminists are in full damage control mode now that there is a crack in their arguments. It might be useful to bear in mind if upstanding institutions or quangos here try to virtue signal about suggest that something needs to be done to protect the wimminz on line

Study: 50% of 'Misogynistic' Tweets Posted by Women - Breitbart

I like the cartoon.

RodShaft

It seems to be a very limited study which monitored the use of two words only?

We are not told which words.

I am not sure of the value of this.

If your point is that women can dish out abuse as well as men can, that's been my experience, but I've nothing to back that up, it might be just my experience, or even my perception fuelled by my personal biases.

I've never actually tried to count abusive communications and measure them as against gender.

GDPR

It seems to be a very limited study which monitored the use of two words only?

We are not told which words.

I am not sure of the value of this.

If your point is that women can dish out abuse as well as men can, that's been my experience, but I've nothing to back that up, it might be just my experience, or even my perception fuelled by my personal biases.

I've never actually tried to count abusive communications and measure them as against gender.
No, but one is entitled to ones general impressions.

The thing is, if as a man you did have a negative experience of some female posters, even if a majority of your negative experiences were from female posters and even if you could prove via posts this negative experience, as a man you'd still be reluctant to say so, would that not be true to say?

Whereas females feel just dandy, forced even I sometimes get the impression, to voice, as they see it, any male led negative experience, with or without any proofs.

RodShaft

I told you before. I'll do anything you want.

Ya don't have to shove my face into my dinner.

Just whistle!

Good morning Rural.

Rural

I told you before. I'll do anything you want.

Ya don't have to shove my face into my dinner.

Just whistle!

Good morning Rural.
Hi there!:)

The film is Casablanca and for some reason, I really didn't enjoy that film at all!

RodShaft

No, but one is entitled to ones general impressions.

The thing is, if as a man you did have a negative experience of some female posters, even if a majority of your negative experiences were from female posters and even if you could prove via posts this negative experience, as a man you'd still be reluctant to say so, would that not be true to say?

Whereas females feel just dandy, forced even I sometimes get the impression, to voice, as they see it, any male led negative experience, with or without any proofs.
The only person on this site I've no respect for is a man.

I am willing to bury the hatchet with anyone else, and indeed have never been involved in a cat fight on here where I haven't tried to reach out.

So, therefore, I am not prepared to tarr someone just because of their gender. I am no less reluctant to throw back on one gender or another.

Eagle once saw fit to comment nastily on a poster's penis size. I suggested something similar back to her about her own equivalent. So, no. I'm not reluctant to fire back based on gender.

I do think there is a difference between initiating nasty posts, and responding in kind.

Prester Jim

You know how to whistle, don't you?

Name the movie.
To have and to have not, was astounded to hear she was only 17 in her first role opposite Bogey (who I love).

RodShaft

Hi there!:)

The film is Casablanca and for some reason, I really didn't enjoy that film at all!
Well of all the bars...

I loved it.

Telling a woman that you've never loved her, because you know it's the safest and best thing for her, when really she is the only thing you think of day and night...

Well that really got me in the feels.

Prester Jim

And for the OP, I am completely unsurprised, I have almost as many female friends as male ones and this is utterly obvious news. Many women are appallingly mean to each other, not my wife though, she is a very good and nice person.

Prester Jim

Correct and wasn't she something.
Yes, but only 17 (20 in that film though, just looked it up) so it creeps me out a little to think so, the distance in time and the way she dressed accounts for some of it.
Makes you wonder about the exploitation that happened back then though.

Rural

And for the OP, I am completely unsurprised, I have almost as many female friends as male ones and this is utterly obvious news. Many women are appallingly mean to each other, not my wife though, she is a very good and nice person.
Some people can be extremely mean and selfish, I think that gender only comes into the method of meanness.

GDPR

Yes, but only 17 (20 in that film though, just looked it up) so it creeps me out a little to think so, the distance in time and the way she dressed accounts for some of it.
Makes you wonder about the exploitation that happened back then though.
Herself and Bogey got together after that first film and lasted the pace until his death.
Both movie greats.

silverharp

I'd agree with that, even the sutff that comes up about what female politicians wear, men have no interest, its other women generating that news and then women politicians complaining that they commented on their appearance because patriarchy and sexism

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies