• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

CptSternn

So anyone else concerned about the newest feud?

It started with the violence at the Cathedral, where two traveller families went at it with knives, stanley blades, machetes and slash hooks in the Cathedral on Thursday.

This was followed by some various attacks in housing estates on Friday.

And of course today when a few car loads stopped traffic at the Maid Of Erin roundabout and just started going at it again with knives, slash hooks, and machetes in the middle of traffic. Gards who arrived on the scene were also attacked and their patrol car was rammed at some point.

Five arrested after incident in Ennis | clare.fm

Ennis Mayor horrified by Cathedral attack | clare.fm

Garda appeal over violent row at Ennis Cathedral | clare.fm

anfieldabff

Our very own " Ethnic Minority"

It started with the violence at the Cathedral, where two traveller families went at it with knives, stanley blades, machetes and slash hooks in the Cathedral on Thursday.

And of course today when a few car loads stopped traffic at the Maid Of Erin roundabout and just started going at it again with knives, slash hooks, and machetes in the middle of traffic. Gards who arrived on the scene were also attacked and their patrol car was rammed at some point.

The ammount of resources of the state that are wasted on these cretins really annoys me.
These fools have no respect for themselves or any law of the land, yet expect us to put them up on a pedistal.

Spirit Of Newgrange

ever heard of a pedestal bin ?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Well, the traveller thread's turn on the merry-go-round has come around sooner than I thought.

No doubt we'll get copious amounts of comments regarding all travellers rather than those involved.

Continue.

APettigrew92

Arrest everyone involved and try them through due process.

The random 10-12 aßholes who go out of their way now and again to wreak havoc in the media circles hardly accurately represent the overwhelming majority (anywhere between 15,000-300,000) whom do not break the law over some redundant arguments.

Ramon Mercadar

Best to stick to the topic. I don't understand how so few people are killed in these fights given the use of slash hooks, machetes etc.

eoghanacht

Best to stick to the topic. I don't understand how so few people are killed in these fights given the use of slash hooks, machetes etc.

A lot of postering, there not weapons of attack more weapons to deter violence.

Tea Party Patriot

I'd say a lot of it is sabre rattling between both sides, lets face it as you point out it doesn't make sense that a lot of people aren't killed. The Gardaí have on occasion seized hundreds of weapons from up to 70 or 80 people at a time. If they really went at it there would be a lot of dead bodies around, so all for show.

Tea Party Patriot

Arrest everyone involved and try them through due process.

The random 10-12 aßholes who go out of their way now and again to wreak havoc in the media circles hardly accurately represent the overwhelming majority (anywhere between 15,000-300,000) whom do not break the law over some redundant arguments.

I doubt estimates on the number of people making up the travelling community vary that widely?

im axeled

the keystones broker a peace deal between these cretins, yet if a few members of the tax paying communtiy tried the same lark they would end up playing poker with the quinn jnr.

ipod

Banned

What will Pavéé Point say "It is part of our culture "?

Radix

Were these the people Mary Robinson lit her proverbial candle for?

One does wonder.

CptSternn

3 injured and five detained after Ennis ramming incident | clare.fm

Three people including a garda have been hospitalised after a violent incident in Ennis during which a patrol car was rammed.
Five others were arrested and are being held at Ennis Garda Station .
This incident happened at around 6.30 last night at the Maid of Erin Roundabout in Clare's County Town.
Its understood that one vehicle, containing members of the travelling community followed a van and then rammed it and then ploughed into a garda patrol car that came upon the scene.
The car then allegedly circled the roundabout a number of times colliding with several other vehicles.
In total three people including a member of the gardaí were injured and all were taken to Limerick Regional hospital for treatment.
The scene was then sealed off from the Maid of Eirn Roundabout to Club Bridge for a forensic examination.
During a follow up operation, five people , three men and two women were arrested and are being held for road traffic and public order offences- a number of weapons including a hatchet were also seized.

Clanrickard

the keystones broker a peace deal between these cretins, yet if a few members of the tax paying communtiy tried the same lark they would end up playing poker with the quinn jnr.

Ennis Town Council has hired some sort of go-between so that the Tinkers can settle down and stop attacking each other. A sickening waste of rate payers money. One person on boards made the valid point that possession of a slash hook should deemed a criminal offence if one is found in possession of it outside of a farm or agricultural setting. It should be prima facie evidence of intent to use violence and commit gbh.

As an aside the cowardly moderators on boards.ie Clare section shut down a thread on the Cathedral incident.

realistic1

The legal profession loves to hear the above reports. Loads of Legal aid,suspended sentences and more business in the future for Irelands great Legal profession.

carruthers

What will Pavéé Point say "It is part of our culture "?

A bit a faction fightin' is part of all our cultures boss. Most of our forefathers gave it up about one hundred years ago when the authorities came down very hard on such behavior. Same with football hooliganism, a severe crackdown and it's not the problem it once was. Time to put away the carrot and reach for the big stick.

greengoose2

Pity Darwin isn't still around. This crowd would make a great study project.

Another study project would be Pavee Point and the supporters of this ancient ethnic culture.

As for those Stanley knives and slash hooks - these items are tools which are associated with WORK. The buckos wielding them would not be used to the functionality of anything got to do with work!

CptSternn

Here is the question I have - why are they not prosecuting them like they would everyone else?

If I did the above and used my car as a deadly weapon and rammed A DOZEN other motorists while trying to knock down someone, not to mention I used my car to ram a Garda and hospitalised them, I would be locked away for life, and rightly so.

That is attempted murder, use of a deadly weapon, and I dunno about the law here but in places like America if you try and kill a member of the police it is life without parole.

Add to that the new organised crime laws enacted a few years ago and you wonder why they are still at it? I say if the justice system here DID THEIR JOB and locked a few away for life or at least 20-30 years the rest wouldn't be so eager to go out and do things like HIT A DOZEN MOTORISTS WHILE USING THEIR CAR AS A WEAPON.

Do you think they had insurance? Do you think even if they did what they have paid in is enough to cover a dozen or more claims currently being submitted this morning? Guess what everyone, your car insurance is going up for two reasons - one, when insurance companies pay more, so do we ALL. Secondly, they base your insurance on the number of claims submitted in an area. Everyone in ENNIS will now be hit with a double whammy next time they go to get auto insurance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom