News @ 1. Sean tearing Gilmore an new one..

DeathKnell

Flip flopped, unsure, replayed the Late late interview.. Eamonn getting seriously caught out. Sean says, 'only doing what many people have been trying to do for several months is to find out your actual position'

Gilmore exposed as changing his tune about the cuts.. Exposed as a populist boll0x..

Alexis Colby

Rourke really went for him
'i have bern trying to pin you and coleagues down for some time now'

gilmore totally flip flopped,some many times he does were he is

powderfinger

Some clown now selling the depression.
Get yizzer free deck of cards in tomorrow's Daily Star.

WTF?

redhead101

Flip flopped, unsure, replayed the Late late interview.. Eamonn getting seriously caught out. Sean says, 'only doing what many people have been trying to do for several months is to find out your actual position'

Gilmore exposed as changing his tune about the cuts.. Exposed as a populist boll0x..
O'Rourke: Do you stand over your Late Late show interview?

Gilmore: Yes

Am I missing something here?

Josh Lyman-

One of the most obvious flip flops I have ever seen from an Irish politician and there have been many. Gilmore is being found out for sure.

President Bartlet

Gilmore has been escaping a serious insight into what Labour will do as the media kept focusing on FG and Enda and so benefited from that - but now trying to pin him down to a position shows him up and the flip flopper he is.

DeathKnell

Ya.. He said that he would if they were unfair, then he played the late late show interview where he said he would not reverse any cuts.. Then he said he might . Then Sean asked him about the Min Wage, he said that they would reverse it. But thats not a budgetary matter Eamonn says Sean, well blusters Gilmore.. You have take each cut on its merits... blah.. blah.. blah..said that the days of promises are over

So yes, you missed Gilmore getting caught out playing to the Gallery. The sort of politics he just said were over...

DeathKnell

Flip flopped on what exactly?
The cuts.. Said he would not reverse any cuts, then he said he would if they were 'unfair'

That is the definition of a flip flop..

BodyPolathick

Not the first time O'Rourke has taken on the government

Sean O Rourke worth every penny we pay him. He should teach Dobbo and Pat Kenny a thing or two and how to interview the elites

justme1

One of the most obvious flip flops I have ever seen from an Irish politician and there have been many. Gilmore is being found out for sure.
Flip flopped on what? Found out on what?

MaceFace

Didn't Rabbitte claim on Vinny the other night that Gilmore was in favour of the Croke Park agreement and said it publically numerous times.

Typical Labour strategy, and its a pity because FG are the only people I can vote for - and I hate them :?

Ask Not

Eh, no he wasn't.
Sorry, I forgot, the country is in a mess and handed over to unelected foreigners because of the Labour party. It had nothing to do with the FF'ers at all, silly to think that. Yep, it's all Gilmore's fault.
Yawn.

DJCB33

Situation changed so his stance changed, as he said on LLS promises are a thing of the past

Johnnybaii

I was considering voting Labour for the past couple of months but am unsure – have found myself impressed by SF in the past 2 weeks and Gilmore has been weak when pressed.

That was a terrible performance from Gilmore, none of these questions were unexpected, why was he not better prepared??

I don’t necessarily agree that he was caught flip-flopping but he was atrocious at making his point with clarity.

Spent last night at the Fintan O’Toole talk in Cork and it was brilliant. Complete political reform in Ireland is desperately badly needed.

Josh Lyman-

Flip flopped on what? Found out on what?
Did you hear the interview??

Gilmore pointing out the problems with the four year plan.
He then re-iterated that if he was in power he would not change the budget as 'the time for promises were over'
Then when pressed further he said that he would look at changing the grossly unfair elements in the budget including the minimum wage.

Maybe he should take McBrearty's line, 'we can't change the budget cause it's da law'
This is Labour's big chance to be a major player in Irish politics but they have to firm up their policies.
FG are beating them hands down in this regard.

Berty

Did people not know this before that Late Late interview?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies