Newsnight 17/11/2010

dresden8

Newsnight covering the Irish bail-out.

Shows some guy listening outside a door marked Ireland at the FinMin meeting. I wonder can he overhear anything?

British banks 164 billion into Irish banks. We own their bollix. For now.

MsAnneThrope

Jays, Lamont has Lenihan's eyes (including the bags) and stare, doesn't he? Spooky! At least he blinks though.

Thanks for the heads-up Dresden.

scruffmonkey

The Brits would really love the Euro to collapse, wouldnt they?
Not necessarily, as someone who works for a British employer, going from dealing with one currency in the eurozone back to dealing with 14 (the other two are irrelevant from our pov), it would not be a trivial cost.

Superindigoman

I'll tell you something about Britain and this is fact, having lived there for years, for my sins, britain will only ever report on bad and negative things when it comes to ireland, good and positive things that happen here, which do happen are never reported there, they only want to show Ireland in a bad light, bet there loving this, ask them about the celtic tiger, bet you they dont have a clue about it.

Mister men

I'll tell you something about Britain and this is fact, having lived there for years, for my sins, britain will only ever report on bad and negative things when it comes to ireland, good and positive things that happen here, which do happen are never reported there, they only want to show Ireland in a bad light, bet there loving this, ask them about the celtic tiger, bet you they dont have a clue about it.
What a load of BS. That newsnight piece is just telling it like it is. The euro WILL collapse in time and the small and weak countries (us) will be left in ruin. Time to face facts. Stop believeing the RTE/Irish media propaganda. We are finished.

sport02

I would challenge Brian Cowan to watch a re-run of this program, and see if he still wants to tell Bryan Dobson we are not negogiating a BAILOUT.

FalseFlag

Norman lamont gets it. Fight the krauts!

Norman Lamont is spot on. He knows this eu so called 'solidarity' aid package being pushed on Ireland is debt enslavement to save portugal and spain. BURN THE BONDHOLDERS!

NewRepublic

Just as well.

Dub guy

That's not true mate... I saw many news reports on British TV about the ''Celtic tiger'' during our ''boom''. Irish people & culture became very fashionable in Britain in the second half of the 90's onwards. Think popular culture stuff.. Boyzone, the Coors, Riverdance, Westlife etc!! they couldn't get enough of us!!! The ''peace process'' undoubtably helped too. As Newsnight reminded us George Osbourne visited Ireland in 2006 to ''listen & learn'' with a view to emulating our economic policies once he got into power!! How silly that looks now! they made him look a right ''eejit'' by quoting his statements on the Irish economy back then.

Warren Poynt

Noticed (from TV pics) Lenihan does not appear at all well.

Heavy dark bags under his eyes and the man walked with a limp.

Is this the second Lenihan FF family member that Fianna Fail will 'sacrifice' to protect its smelly, decaying 'corpus' ?

So, Biffo, his predecessor (Bert) and their Galway Tent/ Golden Circle cronies get an obviously sick man to carry the can for their misdeeds, chicanery and corruption !

What a bunch !

Are there no limits to which they will not stoop ?

Dub guy

RBS on the hook with Ireland to the tune of 40 BILLION Euro!! they are over 83% owned by the UK Government..
25 MINUTES of analysis etc at the top of Newsnight on Ireland's crisis!!

Partizan

Classic Zanu FF spin of donning the green jersey and blaming the Brits for our woes. As a metter of fact, during the bubble, the UK media reported extensively on Ireland. Now as we are in the midle of the worst crisis to his the Irish State, we have to go to the British media, BBC, Independent and Guardian to tell it as it is as our own media is simly toothless at best.

Chrisco

Power says we'll be "having a general election in a few months' time"

Partizan

RBS on the hook with Ireland to the tune of 40 BILLION Euro!! they are over 83% owned by the UK Government..
25 MINUTES of analysis etc at the top of Newsnight on Ireland's crisis!!
The Beeb's and C4 coverage has been top knotch.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies