• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Newspaper Alleges Pope Resigned Over Gay Sex In The Vatican.

rant_and_rave

Italian newspaper La Repubblica has alleged that the Pope resigned after being presented with a report which revealed details of gay sex in the Vatican and a network of gay clerics involved in homosexual intrigues.

Of course the existing of homosexual clerics at high levels in the Vatican has been common knowledge on politics.ie for years but it's only now that mainstream media have cottoned on.

You can read more here:

mr_anderson

This is terrible news.
An all-male institution is no place for gay men !

Eoin Coir

Only hope now is for Sean Brady to be made Pope. He will clean up the mess, and he is surplus to Armagh.

Eoin Coir

i often wonder how long it takes to unbutton all those small buttons in those long frocks they wear.

rant_and_rave

This development has implications for the child abuse scandal. Were RCC clerics trying to cover up the child abuse or hush up the homosexuality? Did any of the sex offenders threaten to blackmail or expose their superiors. The Vatican expose is just the tip of the iceberg. There needs to be an investigation into homosexual networks within the Irish Church.

The Owl

This is what happens when an organisation's rules state that its members be celibate. I presume that because women are mortal sins walking around tempting every man they meet to break their vow of celibacy, that needs must and should this story be true then the majority of the "Gay Brigade" in the Vatican are not in fact Gay but rather, desperate, and a hole in a wall would be considered sexy after some time denying men's rather pathetic need to shove you know what somewhere, anywhere.

The Catholic Church is destroying itself from the inside, no need for us atheists to do anything.

Eoin Coir

Gov here must call in Nuncio Brown and ask whats going on. There are some Irish priests working in Vatican, we must show concern for their welfare and offer consular assistance.

The Owl

Is there any amount of bullsh1t speculation as to the reasons for the Pope's resignation that won't be taken at face value completely uncritically by certain people?

Virtually any conspiracy speculation will be swallowed whole so long as it isn't the reason the Pope himself gave.
I think that the pope's resignation has simply brought to the light that which has been known about for a very long time. The recent play within the Vatican - The Butler Did it - brought the whole sorry mess right into the Pope's quarters. I somehow doubt that the Pope himself would be out partying every night as he is an 85 year old man with a serious illness. I assumed that the Pope resigned because he did not have the strength to deal with the magnitude of the scandal about to break and the onging scandal of the Paedophiles Safe Heaven within the Catholic Church.

petaljam

This development has implications for the child abuse scandal. Were RCC clerics trying to cover up the child abuse or hush up the homosexuality? Did any of the sex offenders threaten to blackmail or expose their superiors. The Vatican expose is just the tip of the iceberg. There needs to be an investigation into homosexual networks within the Irish Church.
Ah, the old paedophilia = homosexuality line. You have to laugh.

Or maybe not.

Aren't hypocrisy and a feeling of complete impunity more likely to be the common factor in both these affairs than any specific sexual leanings? Unless you mean that every single member of the church who took part in the cover-up was gay? And sexually active too of course, to be vulnerable to blackmail.

(It also implies a singular lack in even the slightest moral courage of any who weren't practicing homosexuals themselves - well, I know that is true anyway, but if it turned out Irish priests and bishops weren't blackmailed themselves but still participated in the cover-up knowing, or suspecting, that it was being organized by some coterie of highly-placed homosexuals, well, given the church's teaching on homosexuality you have to wonder what it would take for the non-abusing, non-homosexual priests to stand up and be counted.

Unless, as I say, they were all gay, in which case what does that say about any of what the church teaches on morality?)

Crazy horse 6

Haha delighted. Hope the whole rotten corrupt organisation is brought down by this. Pedos the lot of them.

LamportsEdge

One suspects that apart from the story itself which I saw in the mainstream press yesterday this would indicate to me that in the manner which the story arose there may be manouverings by certain cardinals.

Whatever about homosexuality in and around the clerics at the Vatican the one thing we do know historically is that it is a centre of particularly vicious politics. There always has been a store of very long and very sharp knives available to the population therein.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Is there any amount of bullsh1t speculation as to the reasons for the Pope's resignation that won't be taken at face value completely uncritically by certain people?

Virtually any conspiracy speculation will be swallowed whole so long as it isn't the reason the Pope himself gave.
Do you accept that this report exists?

Do you accept that it may have been a factor?

I have no idea whether it was a factor or not in the Pope's decision, but I wouldn't be willing to dismiss it out of hand.

We appear, however, to be getting very little information on what the report actually alleges.

dizillusioned

One suspects that apart from the story itself which I saw in the mainstream press yesterday this would indicate to me that in the manner which the story arose there may be manouverings by certain cardinals.

Whatever about homosexuality in and around the clerics at the Vatican the one thing we do know historically is that it is a centre of particularly vicious politics. There always has been a store of very long and very sharp knives available to the population therein.
Iz you sayin' like dem Cardinals are bitchy?

mr. jings

Nothing would surprise me about that bunch. Their god alone knows how much misery, shame, intolerance and discrimination has been fomented, spread and perpetuated by their vile stance on homosexuality. Throw in their standard rank hypocrisy, and they deserve all their current decline.

dresden8

men's rather pathetic need to shove you know what somewhere, anywhere.
It's the only reason you're here love. Otherwise men would be off having fun with their mates, not listening to the blah, blah, blah.

mr. jings

On the plus side, it's heartening to know that the hierarchy aren't always covering their asses. Boom!