• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Newstalk - TheRightHook Friday 19 Oct - Eddie Hobbs article WSJ

jman0war

I tried to listen back to the Eddie Hobbs interview on TheRightHook and am a bit shocked that a part is missing.

During the interview Philip Molloy is having a go at Eddie Hobbs for writing a piece to the Wall Street Journal.
Philip criticizes Eddie for publishing his opinion in the WSJ and should have "worn the green jersey" and instead published it locally in Ireland.

Eddie then goes on to explain that due to his relationship with RTE, he is basciallly not allowed to publish such a piece in Ireland.

But crucially, this bit is removed from the NewsTalk archive of the interview.
It's a criticizm of state-run broadcaster and the allegation is essentially that as a jounalist, he is muzzled.
Pretty important stuff I think.

Is it possible NewsTalk have intentially removed this criticism from their archive?

Hear it for yourself:
NewTalk.ie
Listen Back
The Right Hook
Friday 19th October

Interview starts at the end of Part 2.
The portion of the interview missing is the very end of Part 2, beginning of Part 3.

tirnacrann

I tried to listen back to the Eddie Hobbs interview on TheRightHook and am a bit shocked that a part is missing.

During the interview Philip Molloy is having a go at Eddie Hobbs for writing a piece to the Wall Street Journal.
Philip criticizes Eddie for publishing his opinion in the WSJ and should have "worn the green jersey" and instead published it locally in Ireland.

Eddie then goes on to explain that due to his relationship with RTE, he is basciallly not allowed to publish such a piece in Ireland.

It's a criticizm of state-run broadcaster and the allegation is essentially that as a jounalist, he is muzzled.

Is it possible NewsTalk have intentially removed this criticism from their archive?

Hear it for yourself:
NewTalk.ie
Listen Back
The Right Hook
Friday 19th October

The portion of the interview missing is the very end of Part 2, beginning of Part 3.
Of course its possible , anybody anyway off agenda on newstalk has been removed , part of the elites plan to deny the irish people the truth

rash mulligan

I was in the car on the way home and caught this live.

Philip Molloy is a ph*kin sac !!!

He did not contest the content of the piece , his only problem was that the Americans had a glimpse of our reality and the fact that no one is taking measures to help fix the situation.

Eddie's article made for a nice response to the bulls8te TIME rag article.

Thank you Eddie, well done.

Prester Jim

Hear it for yourself:
NewTalk.ie
Listen Back
The Right Hook
Friday 19th October

What in the name of God would Newstalk, scythe of God against the PS, be doing censoring Eddie Hobbs?
Bullsh1t! and Hobbs is all over the place spreading his venom, no-one limits him, if RTE don't allow him to spout his skewed figures and nonsense views they are the only ones who aren't.
Why do Hobbs and eoghan harris believe they have the right to go on RTE and propound whenever they like anyway?
The ego on them both is staggering and with Eddies shoulder chip it is a wonder he can walk.

Analyzer

I don't agree with Hobbs in many respects, and I think he is a hypocrite in the sense that he has his own agenda - while he gets great mileage out of throwing abuse at other people for having their agendas.

But, I was suspicious when the peice was released, as to why it was not in any Irish newspaper.

For example, Quislings like Suds can write an article in THESH!TERIMES whenever they wish, and it fits right into the company policy.

Even if I do not agree with Hobbs, his right to make his views public is of paramount imprtance.

Once again we see a cosy consensus in operation with the objective of screwing working people.

truthisfree

Hear it for yourself:
NewTalk.ie
Listen Back
The Right Hook
Friday 19th October

I am pretty sure that he commented on radio last week that he is not allowed say certain things on RTE, am no fan of Hobbs, quite the opposite but this is quite outrageous if true.

irish_bob

philip molloy is a luvie , champagne socilist , he should stick to reviewing movies which he,s only average at

Analyzer

Interestingly enough Seanie Fitz once demanded that Eddie Hobbs be put off Pravda for good, after the "Rip off Republic" series.

And because this went public at the time, Hobbs was instead downgraded to a personal debt program.

It seems as if the objective of Seanie Fitz has now been comprehensively attained.

And Seanie Fitz is one who likes to be seen "wearing the green jersey" in acts of superficial patriotism.

patfitzbally

shock,horror!! rte and parts of irish media censure anti establishment truths ,welcome to the last 25yrs of irish politics

ManfredJudge

It is the beret that accompanies the green jersey that Eddie Hobbs is unable to pull off unlike Seanie Fitz!

sport02

Is that a union head Eddie Hobbs is ripping to pieces on Primetime. A joy to watch. Go Eddie.

langrishe

Is that a union head Eddie Hobbs is ripping to pieces on Primetime. A joy to watch. Go Eddie.
Just caught the end of it but couldn't agree more, especially when i heard said beardie was on 162k a year! These guys claim to represent the ordinary working man yet are as aout of touch as any government minister. that siad, I think there is an issue whereby new entrants to public service are getting completely screwed - by their unions and their colleagues. While their pay and conditions may be more realistic it is ridiculous that they receive less pay for the same job purely because the ladder was pulled up before they joined. Typical example of the 'we take care of our own' attitude in this country

Kevin Doyle

I think there is an issue whereby new entrants to public service are getting completely screwed - by their unions and their colleagues.
Are you one of them?

White Horse

I can't listen to the Right Hook when Molloy stands in.

Hook is bad enough, but Molloy is too much.

gatsbygirl20

No, the Hobbit is doing his usual snake-like shtick....sneering at what the union chief is earning.

The union chief's wages--not being funded by the taxpayer--have as much relevance to this debate as the Hobbit's own earnings from his myriad...um...enterprises. That is, no relevance whatever

The union chief did point out that the average PS pension is 20k, after 40 years of pension contributions, from which tax, USC, and a 6 to 12% PS pension cut are deducted.......yet the Hobbit and his ilk try to pretend that this is in some way "gold-plated"

A mere 1% of PS pensions are over 60k but the Hobbit likes to pretend that the other 99% are on these pensions also.

That there is a world-wide pension crisis, as people live longer, is a different and serious matter

There is no money to fund private sector contributory pensions, PS contributory pensions,old age non-contributory pensions....

This is not just a PS problem like the hobbit likes to pretend it is...

Pissyknickers

The union chief, head of Unite, brought the comparison on himself by foolishly trying to bash. The link is entirely relevant because it was put to him that his pay was benchmarked to the Cork county Manager's at €162k, five times average wages and 50% more than the Spanish Prime Minister. Hasnt he partaken in the benchmarking conspiracy to self enrich, a fair point.

newsjunkie9

Are Newstalk signed up to jobsbridge? Its so bad they had Irish Rail PR man doing the show last week. :roll:
I don't listen to Newstalk. A. because they employ inexperienced journalists and researchers. b. they allow inexperienced people present their programmes.

Barry Kenny I was told presented the Hook show last week. He is Irish Rail's PR manager. What would he have done if a major story about Irish Rail broke in the media last week while he was presenting the show? Would he have interviewed himself for a quote and explanation?
Having him presenting the show is a conflict of interest. He, himself should have declined the offer, assuming he was asked, but maybe he offered!

This week we have the coffee man, ex Dragon's Den guy and presenter of the Business show on Sunday's at the helm. His name escapes me, no it doesn't it is Bobby Kerr. What experience and training does this dude have in presenting serious current affairs shows? Is he au fait with the Libel Laws and the Broadcasting Act?
It is a joke.

A year ago we had Jim Glennon, former insurance man and FF TD from Balbriggan standing in for Hook. The very same Jim Glennon who is chairman of Edelman PR Ireland. This guy is wheeled out as a political commentator for the lunchtime show, and he also gives his opinion on rugby matters, being a former Leinster coach and rugby international in the amateur era. Surely, a conflict of interest here?