Newtownabbey Riots,Why.

idle tim

RTE were reporting serious disturbances last night involving up to 250 youths in the Rathcoole estate area,investigations by the Historical crimes division seem to be the catyalist,anybody got any links?How serious was the trouble?.

Cruimh

Bus burnt and car hijacked in Newtownabbey disorder

It is understood there were a number of police raids in the area earlier on Monday.
Ken Wilkinson, a representative of the UVF-linked Progressive Unionist Party, said he understood the trouble was linked to three searches in the area over the past two days by officers from the Historical Enquiries Team.

Robo

RTE were reporting serious disturbances last night involving up to 250 youths in the Rathcoole estate area,investigations by the Historical crimes division seem to be the catyalist,anybody got any links?How serious was the trouble?.

That BBC link covers all that happened, police did raids in the afternoon and in the early evening some rioting or at lest car and bus burning happened. O Neil's Road area.

Maírtín

Typical Unionist thugs, the actions of neanderthals. Maybe they should go out and hets jobs, maybe actually contribute something to society

Robo

Typical Unionist thugs, the actions of neanderthals. Maybe they should go out and hets jobs, maybe actually contribute something to society
Teenagers and immature adults jumping at the chance of a bit of rioting, hardly typical Unionism. It was not until the searchs were finished that they started to play silly buggers, facebook rent a mob.

Maírtín

Teenagers and immature adults jumping at the chance of a bit of rioting, hardly typical Unionism. It was not until the searchs were finished that they started to play silly buggers, facebook rent a mob.
I didnt say it was "typical unionism", i said they are typical unionist thugs

I wonder will the cops be publishing their photos?

Iarmhi Gael

I didnt say it was "typical unionism", i said they are typical unionist thugs

I wonder will the cops be publishing their photos?
Why should the PSNI publish Photos.

Surely they should go in and arrest anyone involved in these disturbances. Take them off the streets and bang them up. They are all about 11-15 yeas old doing this.

Maírtín

Why should the PSNI publish Photos.
I didnt say they should, i asked will they publish them?

Surely they should go in and arrest anyone involved in these disturbances. Take them off the streets and bang them up. They are all about 11-15 yeas old doing this.
All 11-15 year olds doing this?

They were talking about it on the radio and they were saying that grown men were involved as well as youths.

Cops are saying that paramilatries were involved plus masked men were hijacking.

And a 34 year old was arrested

Unionist scumbags

Northern Voice

Turning over an 80 year old lady's home by the PSNI has little justification. It is only a matter of time before these sort of disturbances occur given the fact the HET is fundamentally one sided against loyalists.

damon

Turning over an 80 year old lady's home by the PSNI has little justification. It is only a matter of time before these sort of disturbances occur given the fact the HET is fundamentally one sided against loyalists.
All I know about this is from listening to the Nolan Show this morning. And that was the kind of line that the guy from the PUP gave. One home searched was of an elderly woman in poor health - and for what (?) asked the PUP man. The cases were all old and there was no need to go barging into people's homes as if it was all really urgent. There would be no forensics.... and so home invasions were heavy handed.

The PUP man said the UVF weren't involved, and it was just kids organising via Facebook.
Having only visited Rathcoole twice on the bus, I have no idea what went on last night.
Beating up the bus driver was completely out of order though. Was he found out to be a catholic or something?

Foreign Agent

Poor little rioters. I'm sure you will be just as understanding the next time there's rioting in Ardoyne.

saoirsegodeo32

hold on this was linked to raids for drugs, not the first time loyalists have orchestrated such rioting in the past few weeks

Robo

hold on this was linked to raids for drugs, not the first time loyalists have orchestrated such rioting in the past few weeks
School holidays, the kids are at it tonight and will likely run with it for a few days. Het or drugs the kids don't care, its all fun to them.

Edit.

I believe the UDA is non to pleased with the rioting and the kids/others have been told to go home, which would make sense as the HET investigion are looking into the murder of Mr English and other crimes involving locals at the hands of the North Belfast UVF. Likely to be a lot of arrests over the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Antrim

They are at it again tonight:

BBC News - Renewed disturbances in Rathcoole area of Newtownabbey

These guys are unbelievable. I used to live a mile up the road from were this happened. The last time they did this they burnt down the Northern Bank, the Chinese, their local parole board, either DUP or UUP constituency office can't remember which and xtra-vision their video shop.

Now this is probably about five years later and they still don’t have a Bank, Chinese, Local parole board, DUP/UUP consistency office or a video(DVD) shop.

Idiots, they took away all these local amenities for what?

Well at least there is a chemist, pizza place, flower shop and hairdressers, maybe they will burn these down this time.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies