Newtownards Rd now one of the best places to live in Northern Ireland

automaticforthepeople

Once a No Go area run by the UFF and UDA, Newtownards Rd or Ballyhackamore as it is re-branding itself as is now rated as the best place to live in Northern Ireland. The area was of course represented by Peter Robinson who was a one time estate agent and there's very little about property that he or some one in his family doesn't have their finger on.
It makes you wonder about some of other places such as Bangor which effectively was passed by during the troubles.

Surely now the Northern Secretary can review the allocation of monies to community workers in this area?
They've done their bit and now scarce resources can be deployed to other parts of Belfast where the political class has failed gloriously over the last 2 decades such as West Belfast?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/which-area-in-belfast-has-been-named-best-place-to-live-in-northern-ireland-36710241.html

devonish

Once a No Go area run by the UFF and UDA, Newtownards Rd or Ballyhackamore as it is re-branding itself as is now rated as the best place to live in Northern Ireland. The area was of course represented by Peter Robinson who was a one time estate agent and there's very little about property that he or some one in his family doesn't have their finger on.
It makes you wonder about some of other places such as Bangor which effectively was passed by during the troubles.

Surely now the Northern Secretary can review the allocation of monies to community workers in this area?
They've done their bit and now scarce resources can be deployed to other parts of Belfast where the political class has failed gloriously over the last 2 decades such as West Belfast?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/which-area-in-belfast-has-been-named-best-place-to-live-in-northern-ireland-36710241.html
Ok, you obviously don't know the area, Ballyhack was never a no-go area, there's no rebranding - the area has been known as Ballyhackamore for as long as I can recall. There's still social deprivation, thugs and gangs etc on the lower Newtownards road area, which is probably the area which has created the image of the Newtownards Road in your wee mind.

Craigmore..

Zoo

Inaccurate description of the area desribed on op. Obviously the author of the OP is clueless and hasn't the slightest idea about the geographic make up of the City and a sectarian and bigoted element of which he wants money reallocated to West Belfast. Shameless.

flavirostris

Until I can drive up there in a Dublin registered car and not have to worry about Unionist scobies vandalising my car, I don't care how desirable it is.

automaticforthepeople

Ok, you obviously don't know the area, Ballyhack was never a no-go area, there's no rebranding - the area has been known as Ballyhackamore for as long as I can recall. There's still social deprivation, thugs and gangs etc on the lower Newtownards road area, which is probably the area which has created the image of the Newtownards Road in your wee mind.
Not a no go area? I'll leave this here so.
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/i-don-t-want-someone-else-s-family-torn-apart-1-1893335

between the bridges

Until I can drive up there in a Dublin registered car and not have to worry about Unionist scobies vandalising my car, I don't care how desirable it is.
Moi is sure she'll be grand...

AhNowStop

Zoo

Inaccurate description of the area desribed on op. Obviously the author of the OP is clueless and hasn't the slightest idea about the geographic make up of the City and a sectarian and bigoted element of which he wants money reallocated to West Belfast. Shameless.
ffs, you're even too stupid to realise he was actually having a dig at SF ....

You really are an unadulterated clown of other-worldly proportions :shock:

edit .. fuk me, reading these other posts, youse are all the same .. what a clueless bunch :roll:

Lord Talbot

parts of Dublin where that's the case mate.

vivabrigada

Zoo

There are deprived loyalist areas in West Belfast so directing funds in that direction isn't sectarian or bigoted.
Except in your wee bitter world.

Se0samh

I often see southern registered cars parked in loyalist areas, a surprising number of people from unionist areas work in the Republic. Being known locally probably affords some sort of protection but not everyone is a thug...

Sword of Gideon

A lesson in geography would help you. Ballyhackmore is not on the Newtownards Road. There has been a Roman Catholic school and church in the area for many years, so how could it have been a no go area.

Mickeymac

ffs, you're even too stupid to realise he was actually having a dig at SF ....

You really are an unadulterated clown of other-worldly proportions :shock:

edit .. fuk me, reading these other posts, youse are all the same .. what a clueless bunch :roll:

Indeed sir, auto is a one trick pony, everything he posts on here is a denigration of SF, he is one of the more obsessed AH's on site.

hollandia

You're an idiot.

My brother lives in Ballyhackamore, and I've parked there many times with a southern Reg car, with no hassle whatsoever.

hollandia

A lesson in geography would help you. Ballyhackmore is not on the Newtownards Road. There has been a Roman Catholic school and church in the area for many years, so how could it have been a no go area.
https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Ballyhackamore/@54.595318,-5.870646,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x99c512ec35aa3e0e?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdlYOk0fHZAhVB16QKHSDkCCIQ_BIIqAEwCg

Ballyhackamore is an area on the Upper Newtownards Road.

https://st-colmcilles.net/

Welcome
Welcome to our Parish Web Site.

The Parish of St. Colmcilles is located in East Belfast and our church, is on the Upper Newtownards Road. We are approximately 2 miles from the city centre.
Is there something in the water tonight, as this thread is an exercise in mass stupidity and/or ignorance?

Se0samh

death or glory

There are deprived loyalist areas in West Belfast so directing funds in that direction isn't sectarian or bigoted.
Except in your wee bitter world.
And in North Belfast, I can think of a Loyalist community in Ardoyne that could do with the money.

Spirit Of Newgrange

So a genie comes out of the Lamp and offers you a home in either : Newtonards Road or in Donnybrook ? tricky decision

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies