Next Boom?

deepness

Frogs...no flies on the greens ya know..

Seriously i think the whole green energy thing is a sector that could boom but will be a few years more before it happens.

We had the dotcom boom & bust followed by property boom & bust. Any ideas what will the next area of boom & bust as surely there will be something? Will there be an unsustainable boom in the green energy sector?

Its got to be on green issues.

The Green Economy.

Or the so called Knowledge economy which seems every country in the world is striving for!

Interista

I reckon there'll be a boom for lawyers dealing with home repossessions and mortgage defaults.

deepness

Probably..isnt every boom followed by bust? Although i'd hope that the world has learnt something from the last year or two..i wouldnt be convicved either though

Still at this moment in time im sure we will just all be happy to be in a boom again!

Cassandra Syndrome

If this crisis could cause a major paradigm shift in economics than it will have been worthwhile. The Renaissance was born from the ashes of the First Great Depression in the 14th century.

This could be an opportunity to create a new monetary system with a new style of banking.

Other than that, I have my bunker as a Plan B.

truthisfree

We had the dotcom boom & bust followed by property boom & bust. Any ideas what will the next area of boom & bust as surely there will be something? Will there be an unsustainable boom in the green energy sector?
There could be, and a bust will follow as a whole lot of the green solutions to energy are just pie in the sky. Wind energy, Wave, any form that is mechanically intensive will never see another decade out without serious re-invention. Solar is on it's way and will be huge also Nuclear will dominate the western landscape for the foreseeable future.

MsAnneThrope

In 2017 FF Taoiseach Michael Lynn along with Finance Minister Seán Fitzpatrick, Minister for Trade, Enterprise & Employment Nicky Byrne and Minister for Construction Ger Killally will kickstart another property bubble.

toughbutfair

Most boom and busts are still good e.g. railway companies that went bust still left behind brand new tracks all over USA, .com bust left behind good I.T infrastucture etc . Okay, property left nothing but others were good.

Green thing will go boom, lots of companies try to make money, most will lose but the few survivers will then dominate it.

I think Gold is currently boom and will go bust but that is an investment than an industry.

Transport may boom with the increased amount of people rushing to get out of Ireland.

Middleaged

In 2017 FF Taoiseach Michael Lynn along with Finance Minister Seán Fitzpatrick, Minister for Trade, Enterprise & Employment Nicky Byrne and Minister for Construction Ger Killally will kickstart another property bubble.
Those funny fags are messin with your head.....

PrinceMax

No 'boom' for another twenty years, I'd say. All the debt run up during the last 'boom' needs to be repaid first.

Truth.ie

The end of oil supply (20-30 years?) and rising cost in transportation will lead the the bust of globalisation.
Eating mangos on Christmas Day and going to Barcelona for a nights drinking will again be the domain of the elite. Huge job losses in transportation, but more jobs in locally produced products.

ang

Debt Collectors.

staunch ff

Who cares what type of boom we have as long as we have one. Cannot see it being as good as the property boom where so many gained. Still feel sorry for the relatively few who lost out

Harmonica

I think Gold is currently boom and will go bust but that is an investment than an industry.
Good example. A friend who bought gold a couple of years ago was asking me if I thought the price was good value now. Of course I don't follow the price so he was just testing the waters - when the average person gets involved trading you know the bust is around the corner. This could easily be applied to dotcom shares & property flipping.

The trick is to get on the new pyramid scheme early & get out before everyone is in trying to make a fast buck ;)

lady go ga ga

the black market boom alive and well

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies