Next Chief Justice

Sister Mercedes

Vincent Browne is a barrister and I hear he's become available this week. He'd get my vote over all of the other favourites.

ger12

The IT suggested Mr Justice Frank Clarke, Mr Justice Donal O’Donnell and Ms Justice Elizabeth Dunne.

Clarke commands a lot of respect across the board. Dunne is very able (and a woman).

Sister Mercedes

If Finlay Geoghan gets the gig watch Montrose and the Irish Times applaud it as a progressive, diverse appointment. The daughter, daughter in law and wife of Supreme Court justices.

Sister Mercedes

I still reckon it will be a woman. Leo has the attention span of the Joe Duffy Show and gender equality is in the news this week.

Wagmore

I still reckon it will be a woman. Leo has the attention span of the Joe Duffy Show and gender equality is in the news this week.
Yeah, that's Leo to a tee, perception over product every time.Any transgenders up for the gig?

Congalltee

Vincent Browne is a barrister and I hear he's become available this week. He'd get my vote over all of the other favourites.
Did you ever explain why you have such hatred of judges? Was it family law, licence suspension or some unjust conviction?

Golden Phoenix

It would be interesting to have an assessment and evaluation of the outgoing Chief Justice's (Mrs Susan Denham) performance in the post.

brughahaha

Yeah, that's Leo to a tee, perception over product every time.Any transgenders up for the gig?
Very much the centre right zeitgeist at the moment ...vacuous pretty boys who are all spin over substance ....Leo , Trudeau, Macron ......

brughahaha

Did you ever explain why you have such hatred of judges? Was it family law, licence suspension or some unjust conviction?
I'll let Sister answer for herself ....but IMO , the legal profession , the Four Goldmines and the Law Library are the black rotten heart enabling all that is wrong with Ireland

Sister Mercedes

It would be interesting to have an assessment and evaluation of the outgoing Chief Justice's (Mrs Susan Denham) performance in the post.
I could write it myself. "Excellent judge, outstanding, intellectual colossus ..." just cut and paste from every other judicial assessment in this country ...

Congalltee

I'll let Sister answer for herself ....but IMO , the legal profession , the Four Goldmines and the Law Library are the black rotten heart enabling all that is wrong with Ireland
Why is the Fourt Courts (or in Phoenix nomenclature "four gold mines") any different to Courts of Justuce in London or Cours d'etat in Paris?
Sister M's hatred is irrational and is derived from some sense of personal victimhood at the hands of a judge or judges. We should be given some idea what that's about

Mushroom

I could write it myself. "Excellent judge, outstanding, intellectual colossus ..." just cut and paste from every other judicial assessment in this country ...
Writes the witless, Ross-loving clown who wants her hairdresser, her chiropodist and the young lad who cuts her grass to have an input into selecting future judges!

Three cheers for Merc - the poster with the brains of a toilet brush!

ShoutingIsLeadership

I'm confused.

When the now former attorney general was presented to cabinet as the person best suited for her new role, that was apparently because a MOJ would bring one name only, as she had the best knowledge and cabinet was not the place to be debating the merits of candidates. This was put forward as one of the defences for it happening while the then AG sat at that cabinet table, and as an explanation of why it was right that cabinet was not aware that some sitting judges were interested in the role.

However, it is today reported that a shortlist of three names will be brought to cabinet for this role.

artfoley56

What about Mr Justice Kelly - President of the High Court?
according to an article I read it's between him, O'Donnell and Clarke.

Would love to see Kelly get it

Accidental sock

I hear Ed Sheeran is being considered. That lad pops up everywhere.

jacko

It will be Frank Clarke.

From Drimnagh, scholarship to UCD, first member of his family to attend university.

A brilliant mind and not work shy

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies