• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Next Election - Dublin Fingal

drjimryan2

interesting one this.......

Will Ryan run?
Will FG take two?
Will FF run 3 for 2, or will butler be shafted in favour of the woman?
Will the crumlin sf/ira td hold her seat?
Will daly top the poll?

So...what do ye think?

Golden Phoenix

Could Daly have a running mate?

the secretary

FF 1
FG 1
Ind 1
Lab 1
SF 1

the secretary

I'd see one of the last three swinging to either FF or FG this time.
Yes I was conservative with that prediction but I'll stick with it.
I was planning on putting in 2 FF. But thinking about it Clair Daly will be elected. Then when Lab held their seat last time and if Kenny runs this time then he is bound to hold on.
I know nothing of the shinner apart from that she comes across as a bit loud and mouthy when on tv or radio.
If I had a bet to place on someone losing then I would put it on her but then maybe that's my heart over ruling my head. I think she only got around half a quota in FPVs last time.

Orbit v2

I know nothing of the shinner apart from that she comes across as a bit loud and mouthy when on tv or radio.
I see you hold her in similar regard as the OP. Fingal can be quite parochial really, which is how Ryan is hanging in there, but not sure how the Crumlin origins will play out for Reilly. Depends how much work she's seen to do on the ground. The TV profile won't help that much. Daly is of course a (local) national treasure :roll: and will get in early again.

the secretary

I see you hold her in similar regard as the OP. Fingal can be quite parochial really, which is how Ryan is hanging in there, but not sure how the Crumlin origins will play out for Reilly. Depends how much work she's seen to do on the ground. The TV profile won't help that much. Daly is of course a (local) national treasure :roll: and will get in early again.
Daly will sail in.

Degeneration X

FF 1
FG 1
Ind 1
Lab 1
SF 1
This, nothing much will change in Fingal next time out. The only thing that is in question is whether Reilly or Farrell will take the solitary FG seat. My money is on Farrell due to the incumbency factor. Although, Reilly is working hard in the area. The North County Leader (the local rag) often looks like a Reilly election leaflet given how prominently he is featured there. He has in column there to boot. He must be paying them handsomely for such special treatment.

Degeneration X

Louise O'Reilly's Crumlin origins did her no harm last time and she is very active on the ground here, lots of clinics, public meetings and leaflet drops etc. Her high media profile doesn't hurt either. SF as are currently being measured in the opinion polls (take with a hefty grain of salt) are guaranteed a seat in a five seater like this one with such a young population. Daly will also be easily re-elected, goes without saying really.

Last edited:

hammer

A good budget and people will eventually see how wasteful it is voting opposition mouth pieces.

Daly is a shoe in.

Degeneration X

This, nothing much will change in Fingal next time out. The only thing that is in question is whether Reilly or Farrell will take the solitary FG seat. My money is on Farrell due to the incumbency factor. Although, Reilly is working hard in the area. The North County Leader (the local rag) often looks like a Reilly election leaflet given how prominently he is featured there. He has in column there to boot. He must be paying them handsomely for such special treatment.
Reilly's latest:

Extra Funding For Childcare Services | North County Leader

Going for the parents with young families vote.

Will it work?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Clare Daly and Louise O'Reilly will doddle in, O'Reilly is an outstanding debater and community worker with years of experience behind her as a union organizer.

Lousie O'Reilly putting FF's Niall Collins in his place in the Dail 3 minutes in, even the FGers have to laugh :lol:

[video=youtube;Jx6leUNJqd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6leUNJqd4&t=185s[/video]

Voice of Unreason

Clare Daly and Louise O'Reilly will doddle in, O'Reilly is an outstanding debater and community worker with years of experience behind her as a union organizer.

Lousie O'Reilly putting FF's Niall Collins in his place in the Dail 3 minutes in, even the FGers have to laugh :lol:

[video=youtube;Jx6leUNJqd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6leUNJqd4&t=185s[/video]
Didn't she promise to move to the constituency after the election? Has she?

Voice of Unreason

interesting one this.......

Will Ryan run?
Will FG take two?
Will FF run 3 for 2, or will butler be shafted in favour of the woman?
Will the crumlin sf/ira td hold her seat?
Will daly top the poll?

So...what do ye think?
Has Ryan got a younger Ryan to take over the family seat?