Next EU Commissioner.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Comes up for renewal in 2009. Heard McCreevy doesn't want a second term. Who should get the job?

jmcc

FutureTaoiseach said:
Comes up for renewal in 2009. Heard McCreevy doesn't want a second term. Who should get the job?
Harney, Parlon, McDowell, Random PD should not get it.

Regards...jmcc

wise_old_owl

Brian Hayes could combine the joy with being FG Leader It would be a first but a capable man like Brian could just do the trick

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
cyberianpan said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
Comes up for renewal in 2009. Heard McCreevy doesn't want a second term.
Where ?

cYp
Somewhere in the media some time ago but I don't remember where. Maybe on RTE I dunno.

jayblue

what if in 2009 Ireland does not get a Commissioner but with the the right person get's the Presidency of the Commission, then my money would be on Bertie to exit Irish Politics and to go on the international stage, otherwise the money has to be on Mary Harney, with her ministerial experience in big budget deopartments, if she wants it of course

Johnny Zordan

Ends Kenny will surely be the next EU commissioner, it will be the perfect way for him to step down as Taoiseach and FG leader in 2019.

SuirView

Why not ex FG Minister Ml Lowry?

hollandia

Jaysis. A nine year bump. Must be some sort of record.

As for commissioner, enda has no chance. The EU are trying to improve things.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Ends Kenny will surely be the next EU commissioner, it will be the perfect way for him to step down as Taoiseach and FG leader in 2019.
You think he's gonna last three years? Even if he does, it will be an FF approved appointment, so perhaps O'Cuív or O'Dea. Maybe Mícheál himself wants it.

jmcc

You think he's gonna last three years? Even if he does, it will be an FF approved appointment, so perhaps O'Cuív or O'Dea. Maybe Mícheál himself wants it.
At this stage, the village idiot will be lucky to last three months. FF could nominate an FGer to make FG's position as a minority government even more risky. (Or completely Left Field, nominate Mary Lou.) It has been done before, I think.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
At this stage, the village idiot will be lucky to last three months. FF could nominate an FGer to make FG's position as a minority government even more risky. (Or completely Left Field, nominate Mary Lou.) It has been done before, I think.
Too plum a position to give it away. FF might nominate Coveney or Varadkar if they really wanted to mess with FG. But this is all moot. Big Phil is going nowhere before his term is up, and there will be at least one new government by the time '19 rolls around.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies