Next FF leader?

Jesus Wept

Biffo clearly has to go, and soon. He's a perfectly decent guy but he's just not up to the job. Brian Lenihan would be his obvious successor were it not for the fact that he's battling a serious illness. Michael Martin would be the next obvious choice but he has just suffered the worst imaginable bereavement and I doubt very much if he wants to take on the job at this time. Which leaves Dermot Ahern and Mary Hanaffin as the only other obvious contenders. Or is anyone aware of a dark horse?

Garland Names the Skies

Dermot Ahern is a non runner. Nobody likes him. I wouldn't rule out Martin. Hanafin would also be a new face that might that might do something to move the image of the party from it's current excretment

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Dermot Ahern is a non runner. Nobody likes him. I wouldn't rule out Martin. Hanafin would also be a new face that might that might do something to move the image of the party from it's current excretment
I wouldn't fancy being in that position, myself.

If they can prevent the whole thing disintegrating entirely as the rats start running in all directions it'll be an achievement. I predict whoever it is will hold the position for no more than two months.

vanla sighs

Tricky Dicky Roche? petunia

My guess would be Martin. But I don't care less who they elect.

Dillinger

Mr Potato Head. Even if his ears and eyes fell off he would do a better job.

Garland Names the Skies

To be honest I don't think Chuck Norris himself could lead this party into anything but disaster

ipod

Frank Fahy..he is the embodiment of all that FF stands for, even down to his initials.

LeDroit

Bertie. Not as crazy as it sounds. We are soooo stupid as a nation I bet he'd get FF to high 20s.

paddywhack

Hanafin is a waffler, asis Ahern and Roche, and Lenihan is clueless. I think Batt O'Keefe or Pat Carey are the only two possibilities in the party at the moment, but not really keen on either. FF is totally bereft of talent, and that shows in the way Cowen was elected leader (unopposed) and tyhe way he is hanging on, when he should have gone long ago. Nobody has the apetite for the job, particularly at this late stage in the current Dail.

Ruaidhri

I'de still say Lenihan. They will scapegoat Cowen and Leninhan will be obvious successor because the public sympathises with him.

Future

Michael Martin or in his grandfathers footsteps Eamon O'Cuiv.

eoghanacht

Hopefully there won't be a FF party to lead after the next election.

Last edited:

Skrynesaver

There is a serious dearth of talent at the top
Lenihan - Health too uncertain
Martin - Couldn't take a decision to save his life
Hanfin - Strong contender but likely to support Martin
Ahern - I hope they do it's possibly the only way to make FF less popular
Then there's a pretty serious fall of in quality from the mediocre to the abysmal

eoghanacht

New Threads

Most Replies