• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Next Government?

Who Will Form the Next Government?

• Fianna Fail-PD-IND

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fianna Fail-Labour

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

agora

Website
www.doonesbury.com
Personally, my money's on a "People's Commitee", installed by a swift and bloody Khmer Rouge style revolution :twisted:

cain1798

Dear Jebus,

It's me again. I know you haven't heard from me since that unpleasentness with the shop assistant in Brown Thomas, thanks on that one by the way, but as you know I'm still working away on the Sinn Féin thing as per your instructions.

On that, there's something you could do that would be of great assistance. There will be a bit of an election coming up here in a few years and I'd like you to take a hand in sorting it out the right way.

What's that?

Overall SF majority?

Hmmm, tempting, but perhaps not now, might look a little suspicious with less than 50 candidates.

I'm more in the market for a Fianna Fáil - Labour coalition.

No Jebus, I don't like the sanctimonious moralising social democrats myself, and I know about Pat's deal with the other side, but imagine a team of SF TDs in double figures tearing into the soft underbelly of a soft political party with a soft political leadership for five solid years for selling out to Fianna Fáil.

Do this for me Jebus, and the overall majority will look after itself.

Oh, and if you can help out the Galway hurlers this year while you're about, all the better.

Your servant,

Cain1798

Gladstone

agora said:
Personally, my money's on a "People's Commitee", installed by a swift and bloody Khmer Rouge style revolution :twisted:
A SF majority is not gonna happen.

Johnny

Gladstone said:
agora said:
A SF majority is not gonna happen.
Well, maybe not next time anyway..... :wink:

Collinsite

Why do none of the options contain a Fine Gael led Government or indeed a non FF Government of any combination?People have to drop this mindset that we're doomed to FF rule

Gladstone

Yeah but were being serious here Collinsite...

The proposed alternative has yet to show how they would govern differently, until they do, we ARE going to have FF rule.

None of the other parties have enough support to lead a government.

Kev05 said:
What about Fianna Fail-Greens-IND?
Interesting...

Don't think I can change the poll tho

Collinsite

In every election since the 2002 general election FG have shown a remarkable capacity to secure votes.Policy development has been on-going.When the fruits of that are put forward I'm sure that the people will see two governments on offer.I think it is folly to leave an FG/Lab coalition out of this list of options which is why the poll is not valid

Gladstone

When they produce that alternative platform (which I really genuinely do want to see) we will have an alternative government, until then we have an opposition.

There has been other debates on this, I'm not asking what we would LIKE to see, I'm asking what we WILL see, I prefer to deal with reality, setting up an alternative government is Enda Kennys job, not mine.

Gladstone

We know, if things stay as they are in terms of how FG and Lab perform, it will be FF-led, but with the PDs facing a blow down to at least 4 seats and the growth of SF, I was wondering what combination people saw coming.

Collinsite

I understand the logic, it just appears rather depressing that FF are the only option in so many people's eyes

Gladstone

Well you guys have the power to change it .

Any word on when the common platform (however loose or tight) will be shown to us?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
cain1798 said:
Dear Jebus,

It's me again. I know you haven't heard from me since that unpleasentness with the shop assistant in Brown Thomas, thanks on that one by the way, but as you know I'm still working away on the Sinn Féin thing as per your instructions.

On that, there's something you could do that would be of great assistance. There will be a bit of an election coming up here in a few years and I'd like you to take a hand in sorting it out the right way.

What's that?

Overall SF majority?

Hmmm, tempting, but perhaps not now, might look a little suspicious with less than 50 candidates.

I'm more in the market for a Fianna Fáil - Labour coalition.

No Jebus, I don't like the sanctimonious moralising social democrats myself, and I know about Pat's deal with the other side, but imagine a team of SF TDs in double figures tearing into the soft underbelly of a soft political party with a soft political leadership for five solid years for selling out to Fianna Fáil.

Do this for me Jebus, and the overall majority will look after itself.

Oh, and if you can help out the Galway hurlers this year while you're about, all the better.

Your servant,

Cain1798

You were doing so well Cain... until you asked for the galway hurlers... may you die roaring

Up Tipp

Biffo

I think the next election will be hard fought and quite entertaining. Certainly I would not base any predictions on the recent by-elections, when National issues dont enter the debate. When they do FF will be hard to beat, when the votes are counted, neither FF/PD or FG/Lab/Greens will have enough seats, result FF + Labour.
However thats not a great option for the simple reason that the only reason Labour would enter government with FF is so they could walk out in a huff at the first opportunity.

Gladstone

Yeah they have a habit of doing that, at least twice I think, have they ever gone a full term?