Next opinion poll

Marcos the black

Just wondering when the next National opinion poll is due. Given the situation we're in, what do you predict it will produce?
Could FF hit the 10% mark? What would it mean if they did? What about the Greens, how will they fare in the next poll?
Will there be a dramatic rise in support for FG/Lab/SF?
What do you think?

Tea Party Patriot

UnityNua

Website
www.unitynua.ie
I believe a new thread in the current circumstances is warranted.

An opinion poll is not an election. When the insults, fear, histeria of an election arrives, I do not fill with hope for change.

There is a real problem of choice, we caste a vote in the hope the person and party might get into power, and do good. Since coalition government is the only option, we don't have certainty about who will form a Government, as the parties will decide that after the election.

The next election frightens me - I don't want the same old choices which have failed us for the past decade - and what will happen when the voters pile into the darkness of the polling booth:

Who will I vote for?
Rainbow coalition - Greatest national crisis in 80 years, they are very inexperienced and don't convince they will provide economic recovery.
FF & some other party - that has been a huge failure over the past decade.
Independent/fringe small party/radical new - are they going to save us from chaos, no they won't, they have been part of the problem already (PD, Greens, bought off independents).

So, the theory that no one will vote for FF & some other party may not turn out to be true, after the hail of insults and fear of an election campaign.

I believe we need a new choice, not more of the same. Give the people the right to vote in a national plebiscite (opinion vote, not legal referendum) to choose:
A Government of National Unity (the best of what we have), a time table for political reform (not just a discuss in theory), and some way of dealing with budget cuts in a creative manner.

The Greens have suggested multi-party agreement, Unity Nua has proposed a national plebiscite be held on these issues.

Waiting for an opinion poll to bring hope is not the choice I am making.

marvin27

Rainbow coalition - Greatest national crisis in 80 years, they are very inexperienced and don't convince they will provide economic recovery.
I've often wondered how different things would be now if the Rainbow Coalition of 1994-1997 - whom I view as a very good government - were returned in the '97 election.

That government was probably done in by the fact that it wasn't directly elected....that and a disgraceful Independent Media campaign. Those f***ers have so much to answer for.

ymmek

I believe a new thread in the current circumstances is warranted.

An opinion poll is not an election. When the insults, fear, histeria of an election arrives, I do not fill with hope for change.

There is a real problem of choice, we caste a vote in the hope the person and party might get into power, and do good. Since coalition government is the only option, we don't have certainty about who will form a Government, as the parties will decide that after the election.

The next election frightens me - I don't want the same old choices which have failed us for the past decade - and what will happen when the voters pile into the darkness of the polling booth:

Who will I vote for
FF & some other party - that has been a huge failure over the past decade.
Independent/fringe small party/radical new - are they going to save us from chaos, no they won't, they have been part of the problem already (PD, Greens, bought off independents).

So, the theory that no one will vote for FF & some other party may not turn out to be true, after the hail of insults and fear of an election campaign.

I believe we need a new choice, not more of the same. Give the people the right to vote in a national plebiscite (opinion vote, not legal referendum) to choose:
A Government of National Unity (the best of what we have), a time table for political reform (not just a discuss in theory), and some way of dealing with budget cuts in a creative manner.

The Greens have suggested multi-party agreement, Unity Nua has proposed a national plebiscite be held on these issues.

Waiting for an opinion poll to bring hope is not the choice I am making.
Will you get a grip.You know the makeup of the next government,unless you have been in a coma for the last few years.The greens dont make me laugh! those bastards sold their souls they are soon to be cast into oblivion and i cant wait to see the back of the gutless goons

Most Replies