NI and ROI : commercial competitors ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Juding by responses here - Wally and its Pig are onto a winner here

Cute hoor gombeenism against them Nordies is a vote grabber

cyp

Ireniall

I agree but that doesn't mean beggaring the Northern Entity. Someone with a truly unity-oriented perspective will want to help out NI rather than take advantage of their problems.

England's difficulty might be Ireland's opportunity but NI's difficulty is our chance to show that the economic interests of all residents of the Island of Ireland lie within the Island of Ireland.
I'd normally agree with that but those Dumbos will simply have to be battered. There's no point in being nice to them. Make them pay every time and embarrass them at every turn and if you then have to help for the greater good then do so. This present crying is just a response to the embarrassing calls for a border poll from the normally silent southern political leadership which has aggrieved them so much and which they so thoroughly deserved for their barely credible stupidity. When you hear them crying like Foster you know you've hit home. Give 'em plenty of it and maybe in a few decades they might cop on.

Ex celt

Will the one million irish born residents of the uk be repatriated in eire once the balloon goes up or will another million paddies disappear off to Britain?

sport02

Will the one million irish born residents of the uk be repatriated in eire once the balloon goes up or will another million paddies disappear off to Britain?
We're currently building camps for British refugees post Brexit.. During the Celtic Tiger, so many Brits (mainly English came over here) that the BBC did a programme on English migration to Ireland at the time. You being Irish will always be welcome here and of course your English wife.
She out tonight? Left you home alone with the keyboard?

Ex celt

We're currently building camps for British refugees post Brexit.. During the Celtic Tiger, so many Brits (mainly English came over here) that the BBC did a programme on English migration to Ireland at the time. You being Irish will always be welcome here and of course your English wife.
Lol

Eire1976

I'd say she leaves him alone a lot.

firefly123

I'm not sure what arlene expected? She keeps banging on about the south being a foreign land etc. Now she is miffed if we make hay out of their decision to leave the EU?
If this goes badly for the UK then why shouldn't we benefit. They couldn't care less about us or the north clearly. That arlene and her gang still can't see this shows how little has changed up there for some.

Eire1976

I'm not sure what arlene expected? She keeps banging on about the south being a foreign land etc. Now she is miffed if we make hay out of their decision to leave the EU?
If this goes badly for the UK then why shouldn't we benefit. They couldn't care less about us or the north clearly. That arlene and her gang still can't see this shows how little has changed up there for some.
Anyone would think that she didn't like Irish people and didn't want us to prosper in our own land.

Half Nelson

Foster comes across as a bit of a twit. Does she expect that RoI will sit on its hands while jobs drift by, or does she want us to feel sorry for her?

cricket

Folks, nothing to get excited about here, Foster is playing the same card as her predecessors did, paint that crowd in the south as the enemy, helps to keep her rank and file from paying attention to the real issues.

Ireniall

Foster comes across as a bit of a twit. Does she expect that RoI will sit on its hands while jobs drift by, or does she want us to feel sorry for her?
We are potentially going to suffer from the Brexit and we will be obliged to take every opportunity to mitigate it. Unlike the rest of the UK the north has a choice but sure they had a choice in the Brexit referendum too. If the border becomes the frontier between the UK and the EU there is going to be no fudging it -they are going to have to live with Brexit or go for a united Ireland or perhaps a UDI within the EU with Irish support- a less straight forward route as they couldn't simply join under our membership.

drummed

Feck the Nordie whingers. Grab all we can at any cost and let them sort themselves out.

Nothing to do with us.

Eire1976

Feck the Nordie whingers. Grab all we can at any cost and let them sort themselves out.

Nothing to do with us.
Oh Drummed, you don't look at the big picture do you.

No jobs up north, then people don't have anything to lose.

runwiththewind

Drummed is right though. We need to serious investment in Cork and Galway firstly and then Waterford, Limerick, Sligo, Athlone, Kilkenny, Donegal, Monaghan and Clonmel.

Why should we see any funding going up north?

drummed

Like we care. You're in the UK so talk to them.

Different country. We have no responsibility to do anything for you lot.

robut

Like we care. You're in the UK so talk to them.

Different country. We have no responsibility to do anything for you lot.
Unfortunately if the NI economy goes to hell in a handbasket it will become an issue for us .. youth,idol hands etc etc. Even more so if the North reverts back to the troubles. This unfortunately would concern us and have a profound effect on our economy. I dont think any of us want to go back to those days? Just my 2 cents for what its worth ... I think thats Eire1976 point??

drummed

Unfortunately if the NI economy goes to hell in a handbasket it will become an issue for us .. youth,idol hands etc etc. Even more so if the North reverts back to the troubles. This unfortunately would concern us and have a profound effect on our economy. I dont think any of us want to go back to those days? Just my 2 cents for what its worth ... I think thats Eire1976 point??
Any messing from the fools send in the army. Any army. Shoot loads of em. Soon cop themselves on.

I have this one covered, worry not.

robut

Strange one .. had not seen this:

Northern Ireland likely to seek special status with EU after Brexit | Tamil Guardian

Northern Ireland’s First Minster Arlene Foster has repeatedly said she wants to avoid having a “hard border” with customs checks with the Republic of Ireland.

Speaking to Reuters on Saturday, Ms Foster said that Northern Ireland may seek a special status in relation to either the customs union or the EU’s single market.
Very UnBrexit of Arlene?? Almost Nicola like?

Here is the REUTERS original article:

Northern Ireland leader says special status for province possible after Brexit

Eire1976

Correct, idle hands and all that.

Maybe worse is better for unity in some ways but the Irish governments plan is to wait out until the Irish in the NE are the majority by at least 60%.

They need jobs until then.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies