NI Assembly and Local Goverment Elections Set for May 5th

DerryBee

Can someone offer me some advice:

I very much want to vote in the forthcoming assembly elections but unfortunately I will be on holiday in America during that period of time. Is there anyway that I can vote in the election via an advanced postal vote etc? I will be leaving Northern Ireland in mid April. I really want to vote, can anyone offer any advice? Cheers.

Cruimh

I very much want to vote in the forthcoming assembly elections but unfortunately I will be on holiday in America during that period of time. Is there anyway that I can vote in the election via an advanced postal vote etc? I will be leaving Northern Ireland in mid April. I really want to vote, can anyone offer any advice? Cheers.
Contact the electoral Office mate.

Purplestar

The shinners would be the expert on these types of questions. Maybe contact your local rep.;)

TrueBlue84

The shinners would be the expert on these types of questions. Maybe contact your local rep.;)
+1 pre 2001 they were even able to get the dead out to vote

vinoboy

Yup , I remember being an unpopular polling agent for a certain candidate and challenging various voters ,who all got arrested for impersonating the dead (boom boom) .think the shinners were more shocked that I was reading the Ulick O'Connor's Biog of Brendan Beehan ,must have deflected them from my upfront challenges !We drunk vodka from noon till closing time and left in an RUC wagon to a hail of bottles and we returned the serve. Bit of a laugh really.

physicist

9 more seats but not as many big hitters out. They will have the Westminster expense budgets to spend though and the MPs will be out in force.

There are 2 independents are there not that SF will look to hoover up?

Gap down to 7.

SF will look for more seats and better vote management possibly getting 2 more seats?

Gap down to 5.

I think the UUP will claw back some ground against the DUP but lose further ground to the Alliance but ultimately balance.

But if the UUP take 2 seats from the DUP...

Gap down to 3.

TUV take 3 seats...?

Not as safe as you may think
I think a Sinn Féin first minister is unlikely in the present circumstances, I could see a Sinn Féin finance minister if the DUP choose to snatch the education portfolio away from Ruane.

Does anyone think that the D.U.P. may actually gain seats; the unionist electorate throwing their lot in with the larger of the unionist parties in order to prevent Sinn Fein getting the First Ministers job?

Theobald

I think what happened in FST during westminister elections will serve as a nosebleed for unionism. They wont be too keen to have electoral pacts in the future in case they are humiliated again, thus empathising the decline in unionism and highlighting the validity of the state of NI under the GFA 50+1.

Instead voting will remain as per previous patterns with a small rise in nationalist votes and a small decline (albeit with a greater parity) in unionist votes.

I think the uup will be virtually wiped out this time, due to their silly flirtation with camerons conservatives and their governments cuts.

If the dup play their cards right and actually demonise the cuts along with the uup/con connection, they would go some way to repair the damage iris gate will have done.

Antrim

I can see the Alliance party and DUP both gaining at the expense of the UUP. The SDLP and Sinn Fein will poll similar to the last elections.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies