NI cars must display GB sticker in Eire after Brexit.

death or glory

New story on BBC website that all United Kingdom cars must display a GB sticker when over in Eire.
This is an unwitting benefit of Brexit and bound to anger the CNR.

McSlaggart

New story on BBC website that all United Kingdom cars must display a GB sticker when over in Eire.
This is an unwitting benefit of Brexit and bound to anger the CNR.
If its an EU law then that is what is going to happen.

If that was the big problem with brexit I would be happy.

death or glory

If its an EU law then that is what is going to happen.

If that was the big problem with brexit I would be happy.
Well it would nearly be worth a hard Brexit, just to see you happy for a change.

Mickeymac

dunno

That'll make the DUP happy, what with 100 years since Stormont next year.

raetsel

There's nothing new here. Technically a GB sticker is always a legal requirement when taking your car outside the jurisdiction anyway if you don't have an EU style number-plate.
But the Gardai have never enforced the rule for northern cars. I cannot ever see them changing that for obvious reasons. It's not up to the British government to decide on this.
I used to take my car to the continent for holidays years ago, and usually booked with Irish Ferries travelling from Rosslare. In those days Irish Ferries used to supply the International car sticker with the tickets free of charge. Knowing the sensitivities they sent both an Irl and a GB sticker to northern passengers, and allowed them to choose for themselves. Guess which one I put in the bin? :ROFLMAO:

death or glory

That'll make the DUP happy, what with 100 years since Stormont next year.
Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Gin Soaked

I can see the enforcement of this being up there with prosecution of unaccompanied learner drivers 10 years ago...

death or glory

I can see the enforcement of this being up there with prosecution of unaccompanied learner drivers 10 years ago...
I've just ordered a dozen on Ebay.
I'll put them on all the cars I see with a Tyrone sticker on them.
I hope they see the funny side.

death or glory

must have missed the medication and the effect is showing in this article, Lord save us ,if this is newsworthy I cannot wait to what makes the headlines next.People must use handkies when blowing their noses to prevent germs spreading.
On the TV on BBC NI news a few minutes ago, this story featured.
Topical and informative.

death or glory

Fill up the diesel tank beyond in the byre.

There's a smart man now.
Diesel tank already full to the neck with red.

With these new GB stickers I might be able to remove my "wear your poppy with pride sticker".

Dearghoul

Have you being trying to remove it?

Diesel again.

Always remember that when your supplies run low you can run down south, where we have a refinery.

The real Brits aren't as fortunate.

EnglishObserver

There's going to be plenty more of this following the full Brexit which is looking more and more likely. Division between NI and Free State will never have been sp great. I guess it was always going to happen sooner or later...

Dearghoul

Troll away.

The unionists will be after our secure fuel supplies having put theirs in jeopardy, and of course we'll accommodate them in their hour of folly.

It won't bring us closer together but Brexit certainly will make us uneasy but closer bedfellows.

New Threads

Most Replies