NI cars must display GB sticker in Eire after Brexit.

death or glory

Have you being trying to remove it?

Diesel again.

Always remember that when your supplies run low you can run down south, where we have a refinery.

The real Brits aren't as fortunate.
You may have a refinery, but you don't have any oil.
You,se haven't a port that can handle a super tanker.
Whereas we still have north sea oil.
Fill up your tank.

Dearghoul

You may have a refinery, but you don't have any oil.
You,se haven't a port that can handle a super tanker.
Whereas we still have north sea oil.
Fill up your tank.
Rationed soon enough I'd say.

Still we won't begrudge you a few litres.

It's not the way we're made.

death or glory

Rationed soon enough I'd say.

Still we won't begrudge you a few litres.

It's not the way we're made.
Oil doesn't come from the EU.

You have a Mickeymouse refinery that might keep a small town going if the tankers from the EU ever get past the Royal Navy
You'll need loads of them IRL stickers for crossing the border to get fuel.

Dearghoul

You have a Mickeymouse refinery that might keep a small town going if the tankers from the EU ever get past the Royal Navy
Oh the Royal Navy now. :)

We're going to be blockaded!

You'll not be getting your tank filled so.

AhNowStop

The Royal Navy ? :unsure:😂 ..... Dog you really are an unequaled knobhead :rolleyes:

Emily Davison

Don’t cars in England already have UK on them. Like cars in Ireland have IRL on them.

death or glory

Don’t cars in England already have UK on them. Like cars in Ireland have IRL on them.
Emily,
Please get with the program.
If you had bothered to actually read the link it explains it.

Emily Davison

Emily,
Please get with the program.
If you had bothered to actually read the link it explains it.
Apologies I didn't read it as I just went on your headline. Why don't UK cars have the EU UK on them. The odd time here on the continent I see an Irish or English car. And the very very odd time I'd notice the GB sticker but no other country has stickers. I thought it was something to do with ferries.

And why is it a GB sticker rather than a UK one. To be honest I don't see the point of the stickers at all, and certainly not between NI and Ireland. You can tell immediately where the cars are from, aren't the registration plates a dead give away. Firstly all the Irish ones are per country in a certain sequence, and the ones on the NI cars are yellow as far as I rememer, but anyway the sequence would be very different.

Newrybhoy

Apologies I didn't read it as I just went on your headline. Why don't UK cars have the EU UK on them. The odd time here on the continent I see an Irish or English car. And the very very odd time I'd notice the GB sticker but no other country has stickers. I thought it was something to do with ferries.

And why is it a GB sticker rather than a UK one. To be honest I don't see the point of the stickers at all, and certainly not between NI and Ireland. You can tell immediately where the cars are from, aren't the registration plates a dead give away. Firstly all the Irish ones are per country in a certain sequence, and the ones on the NI cars are yellow as far as I rememer, but anyway the sequence would be very different.
Generally the NI ones are newer with decent engines and the southern ones are 1.0 l ancient rust buckets.

Emily Davison

Generally the NI ones are newer with decent engines and the southern ones are 1.0 l ancient rust buckets.
What are you on about most of the cars I've seen are very new. And as it happens my brother bought a car from NI in the last week. Probably because sterling is so low. You won't pass the NCT with a rust bucket. My sister has a new Hybrid from about a year ago, and another sister is driving a brand new car as well, the Kaskai (I'm not into cars but it's the high up one). Ireland is booming.

Rural

Eh, no. That statement is total rubbish, the NCT in Ireland is extremely thorough and strict.

But if generalisations like this make you feel superior and happy, knock yourself out.

Newrybhoy

What are you on about most of the cars I've seen are very new. And as it happens my brother bought a car from NI in the last week. Probably because sterling is so low. You won't pass the NCT with a rust bucket. My sister has a new Hybrid from about a year ago, and another sister is driving a brand new car as well, the Kaskai (I'm not into cars but it's the high up one). Ireland is booming.

Obviously around the border isn't.

D

Deleted member 48147

New story on BBC website that all United Kingdom cars must display a GB sticker when over in Eire.
This is an unwitting benefit of Brexit and bound to anger the CNR.

It will be of little concern to you as you live in the state and I doubt you have the funds to finance a Honda 50 never mind a car .

DoG doing a bit of cross border trade

DoG-out.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

between the bridges

The jerk circles nua DLA motors are looking well...

NISSAN-MICRA-1.jpg

Mickeymac

😂

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom