NI cars must display GB sticker in Eire after Brexit.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
We should get the American lads to insist in any trade deal that all GB registered cars will have to switch to the US license plate registration system. So everyone from Land's End to John O'Groats would have to drive around with those US style plates with 'the British State' stencilled over the characters-and a cup of tea as a state emblem.

The Rees-Moggs would love that.

raetsel

It was never on the cards anyway and I said so at the outset. DOG's wishful thinking does not a story make.
There's nothing new here. Technically a GB sticker is always a legal requirement when taking your car outside the jurisdiction anyway if you don't have an EU style number-plate.
But the Gardai have never enforced the rule for northern cars. I cannot ever see them changing that for obvious reasons. It's not up to the British government to decide on this.

death or glory

We should get the American lads to insist in any trade deal that all GB registered cars will have to switch to the US license plate registration system. So everyone from Land's End to John O'Groats would have to drive around with those US style plates with 'the British State' stencilled over the characters-and a cup of tea as a state emblem.

The Rees-Moggs would love that.
I think we should make all the IRl cars have a certificate of road worthiness as we don't all them Donegal rust buckets coming over and endangering us and themselves on our good roads.

raetsel

I think we should make all the IRl cars have a certificate of road worthiness as we don't all them Donegal rust buckets coming over and endangering us and themselves on our good roads.
DOG be careful what you wish for. The Republic has the youngest car stock in the European Union. God only knows what sort of rustbuckets you unionist hillbillies are driving around west Tyrone in. :)

By contrast, the shares of the ’youngest’ passenger cars (less than 2 years old) were highest in Ireland (27.5 %), Luxembourg (24.0 %), Denmark (23.6 %), and Belgium (22.2 %).
ars_by_age%2C_2017_%28%25_of_all_passenger_cars%29.png

Mickeymac

DOG be careful what you wish for. The Republic has the youngest car stock in the European Union. God only knows what sort of rustbuckets you unionist hillbillies are driving around west Tyrone in. :)

His pal DT made even dopier comments when he said the six counties had the highest disposable income in Europe and further...….I sh1t you not. :ROFLMAO:

death or glory

No doubt all them newer cars are about Dublin.
Donegal number plates are still in the noughties, you hear them before you see them and then the smoke stays in your throat for a minute afterwards.

raetsel

No doubt all them newer cars are about Dublin.
Donegal number plates are still in the noughties, you hear them before you see them and then the smoke stays in your throat for a minute afterwards.
Donegal is one of the Republic's poorer counties but I go there fairly regularly and know it well. And I know that the most prosperous part is closest to you, so stop exaggerating and making stuff up.
The bottom line is that cars are fresher in general than the UK. There's a reason for that - insurance. A lot of insurers in the Republic will not cover cars of 10 years and over.

death or glory

Mickeymac

You're very defensive of crap cars.
I guess you drive a 15 year old rust bucket yourself.

I bet sweetcheeks has Color TV, washer/dryer, Apple cellphone and other such items doggie.......things you can only dream of in your little old cave bedecked in flegs and pictures of Bet Windsor, Meghan and such other superstars.:ROFLMAO:

death or glory

I bet sweetcheeks has Color TV, washer/dryer, Apple cellphone and other such items doggie.......things you can only dream of in your little old cave bedecked in flegs and pictures of Bet Windsor, Meghan and such other superstars.:ROFLMAO:
What's do you mean by cellphone and color?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies