• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

NI Twitter Feed Thread

Drogheda445

As a result of the unrest of recent weeks activity has risen on social networking sites and some rather unpleasant comments being made, some of which is being posted on this site. This isn't an attack on posters, but I think it would be best to set up a separate thread for these tweets so that they don't need to be seen on the main board (some of them are very vile).

So there you have it. Twitter, Facebook or whatever it is, go nuts. :)

Last edited:

belfast1981

Why bother giving the tweets the attention that the trolls that post it want in the first place? lol. They want a reaction, and they want people to be pissed off.

When truthfully their voice carries little, if any weight behind it.

Legolas

2 posters in particular will drool over their mobiles/laptop when they see this gem....

Drogheda445

Why bother giving the tweets the attention that the trolls that post it want in the first place? lol. They want a reaction, and they want people to be pissed off.

When truthfully their voice carries little, if any weight behind it.
I think it'd do the site a favour. That recent comment that included a famine tweet just isn't material to be put on a moderated message board. At least here they can kept out of sight.

I have a feeling this thread will be a failure and/or zooed but I hope it does something.

vaudeville

Don't do Twitter but there's alot of positives there, Journalist's can't get away with what they like all the time. And Info comes in much quicker, keeps some on their toes.

C

Castle Ray

Great idea for a thread. It makes the ramblings of complete morons, and the associated extrapolations posted to vilify vast swathes of unrelated people, much easier to ignore.

belfast1981

I think it'd do the site a favour. That recent comment that included a famine tweet just isn't material to be put on a moderated message board. At least here they can kept out of sight.

I have a feeling this thread will be a failure and/or zooed but I hope it does something.
fair point, keep them all in one thread.

InsideImDancing

The vast majority of the tweets posted here have been from Journalists, police, politicians etc, I don't see the problem with posting them at all. Some not liking what they're reading methinks.:) Twitter is a good communication tool and gives us an idea of what's happening on the ground.

Obviously tweets from random tw@ts are pointless.

InsideImDancing

eskrimador

I posted the famine tweet. As well as the rest of his fed, and others, it shows the level of the morons supporting the violence.

The PUP fees, the party's and individuals, make interesting reading. Their level of arrogance and ignorance, especially Billy Hutchinson's, is there for all to see.

belfast1981

So I went on twitter and found these horrible tweets about Northern Ireland

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Rory McIlroy contd: Reports suggest the deal is worth in the region of $100m (£62m) to $125m (£77m) over five years: BBC News - Rory McIlroy Nike deal nets Northern Ireland star millions
BBC News NI ‏@bbcnireland
Fermanagh castle is setting for BBC comedy BBC - Homepage
Nike Golf ‏@nikegolf
Next on the tee, from Holywood Golf Club in Holywood, Northern Ireland, please welcome @McIlroyRory pic.twitter.com/TLewum7o
Retweeted 937 times
I am not doing this right, am I?

InsideImDancing

So I went on twitter and found these horrible tweets about Northern Ireland

Just search for the words Loyalist/Unionist/Nationalist/Republican!:)

Seriously though, just type in the word 'Belfast' if you want to find all the shyte.

bona na croin

So I went on twitter and found these horrible tweets about Northern Ireland.
Yep, but normally you should use searchwords like: 'taigs' 'huns' 'flegs' 'fenian' 'riots' 'Rangers/sevco' 'Celtic' 'balaclava' etc. Have plenty of coffee/Red Bull at hand cause it could be a long night ahead of you!

belfast1981

aww, my tesco is not 24 hours... no redbull for me, I don't drink coffee.

Guess I just don't look.

InsideImDancing

Yep, but normally you should use searchwords like: 'taigs' 'huns' 'flegs' 'fenian' 'riots' 'Rangers/sevco' 'Celtic' 'balaclava' etc. Have plenty of coffee/Red Bull at hand cause it could be a long night ahead of you!
Lol.:)

O'Sullivan Bere