Niall Tóibín

wombat

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any mention of his death last week. Maybe its a generation thing, Terry Prone has an article about him in today's Examiner There was more to Tóibín than just the gags and impressions which brought it to mind where he was compared by someone to Billy Connolly - Prone's point is how there was far more to him than as a stand up comic. I remember seeing him playing Behan in my first visit to a theatre but it was as a mimic that I remember him mostly, one of the funniest people I have ever seen. If you can find it on You tube look for his story of the CIA man in Ireland, absolutely non PC, it couldn't be broadcast today.

CatullusV

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any mention of his death last week. Maybe its a generation thing, Terry Prone has an article about him in today's Examiner There was more to Tóibín than just the gags and impressions which brought it to mind where he was compared by someone to Billy Connolly - Prone's point is how there was far more to him than as a stand up comic. I remember seeing him playing Behan in my first visit to a theatre but it was as a mimic that I remember him mostly, one of the funniest people I have ever seen. If you can find it on You tube look for his story of the CIA man in Ireland, absolutely non PC, it couldn't be broadcast today.
It couldn't be broadcast today yet is on YouTube? Let me suggest that before YouTube you'd have struggled to see it all once it had been broadcast on air.

wombat

It couldn't be broadcast today yet is on YouTube? Let me suggest that before YouTube you'd have struggled to see it all once it had been broadcast on air.
Not sure if its on You tube

Rural

He was brilliant at accents.

Emily Davison

He was a brilliant comedian. Eoghan Harris did a lovely piece on him in the Sindo yesterday. At the moment on RTE they have one of Gaybo's old shows, with clips from various comics over the years. Tobin is on it.

Last edited:

Nebuchadnezzar

He was a brilliant comedienne. Eoghan Harris did a lovely piece on him in the Sindo yesterday. At the moment on RTE they have one of Gaybo's old shows, with clips from various comics over the years. Tobin is on it.
Didn’t know he did drag.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom